Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé and Salzburg Super Ski - Snow Reports 2014 - 15

Poster: A snowHead
@cad99uk, excellent! Watching the forecasts for the last few days and looks like things are going to warm up significantly from tomorrow. Spring conditions next week, perhaps...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Myself, Flangesax and oner of his instructor mates just spent a fantastic day getting fresh tracks in the forests surrounding Zauch. Great snow conditions Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Scarpa, I'm back 3 weeks today Happy save some for me Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm back 2 weeks today. I miss you again @Timberwolf...

@Scarpa I just used Transferwise for the first time and put you down as the recommendation. Apparently if you get three of those you get a cash reward!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@queen bodecia, Cheers QB. They are a fantastic firm, I use them a lot. If anyone wants the code to get a free transfer please PM me. Last year 3 people used my code and they sent me £50 Toofy Grin This year they had it at £100 for a period. It is cheap advertising for them; they set up the service because they saw how much banks rip us off in transfer fees, they usually charge less than a fiver for a decent sized transfer to Europe.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Timberwolf wrote:
@Scarpa, I'm back 3 weeks today Happy save some for me Very Happy

Ditto Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Cacciatore, Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Cacciatore, ready for the big introduction wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arriving on Sat, how's it looking?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Either blue skies or cloudy with 8cm of fresh snow seems to be the pattern for the coming week. Still great conditions.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Either blue skies or cloudy with 8cm of fresh snow seems to be the pattern for the coming week. Still great conditions.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Scarpa, I'll take that! We'll see you for a ski at some point I hope?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Back to winter on the Planai. -4C, snowing steadily this morning with a strong breeze. Slopes very quiet.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@jonm, I will be around Toofy Grin It will be good to get out with you.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Was expecting a Föhn today.

Strong southerly but no föhn. Air too dry the other side?
snow report
Any updates on snow in Ski Amade? Thinking of coming out over Easter weekend, which resort would the regulars recommend as having the best conditions currently for group of intermediates (2 adults and 2 teens) looking for 3 days skiing?
latest report
@gamekeeper,

Great snow cover in Bad Gastein at the mo. Still more or less 100% open.

Expect typical variable spring conditions though with freeze/thaw. One day last week it was soft first thing even at the top.

In this valley I'd recommend Dorfgastein/Grossarl for intermediates. Lovely wide pistes.

Further afield Radstadt is a nice quiet easy area. Eben is fantastic for timid intermediates if you don't mind repeating a few runs but may be closed by then. Flachau is great for easy runs but can get pretty busy.
snow conditions
I just got back on Thursday. It was very warm whilst I was there but the snow conditions were still really good with all runs open. Since I've left it has gotten much colder and there has been some fresh snow, so I'd say conditions must be about perfect.
snow conditions
I just got here after a month away. Warm and damp this evening but forecast is for metres of snow this week, pretty much snow / rain everyday this week, snowline looks to be up and down, talk of snow to valleys wednesday and cold for easter weekend. The wind is likely to be lively. If you like spring sunshine then this week won't please, but I'll be more than happy with fresh snowfall and can live with some rain lower on off lower down. I'd say by next weekend snow conditions will be at least excellent. Very Happy
snow conditions
Thanks all for the update - arriving next Friday, just looking for accommodation now. Ideally as near slopes as possible, as we are short of time want to maximise time skiing . Thinking of Wagrain but where else would anyone suggest - looking for mix of reds and blues for me, blacks and reds for the teens.
snow report
Raining today.... Confused No visible snow line on any of the cams.

@gamekeeper, Wagrain or Schaldming. The two areas remain open quite long although the middle mountain around Schladming (Hochwurzen) sometimes closes early so you have to bus to Reiteralm.
snow report
Wonderful condtions upto midday then rain up to 1700m and white-out above. Got soaked to skin in just one run so gave up.

Still at least 3 feet of snow on the home run even at the bottom. That cold spell in January/February allowed them to make loads of the artificial stuff.
Should last with no problem till end of the season.
ski holidays
@waynos, I ducked out today after looking at the rain. But the moonlit tour is looking good for Thurs, time to fit the skins to the fat skis again I think Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@Scarpa,
Quote:

the moonlit tour

Next year!
latest report
@Hurtle, I can thoroughly recommend it. I was a complete ski touring virgin and really enjoyed it. The view of the mountains bathed in moonlight is one I will never forget.
snow conditions
That does sound terrific. One reason I wouldn't bother with floodlit evening skiing is that you can't see anything beyond the floodlights.
snow report
Rain just turned to heavy snow around town. Which is nice.
snow report
Snowing at 850!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Roll on the weekend!
snow report
Not nice today.

Fresh snow warmed up. Very grabby and unpleasant. Only did a couple of runs.

Save my legs for the week ahead - it looks like it should be excellent.
latest report
Whilst I'm not disagreeing with what's been said above, there is still plenty of fun to be had. I had 2 or 3 excellent runs today skiing lovely soft, slushy moguls. Sure it slows you down and makes you concentrate on your technique, but it was bloody good fun. Then of course there are the ice cold beers on the terrace wink Lush.
snow report
Definitely less grabby the lower you went. The run down to the bottom was great fun.
latest report
@Timberwolf, +1
snow report
Probably got out a bit late but one or two stretches were still quite nice.

Skied in stuff a lot more grabby but when you're here for the season you get a bit fussy.

Skiing on edge is best on that stuff as well but slopes were a bit too busy to carve long turns.
snow report
Absolutely smashing it down in Schladming on top of 10-15 cm already.
ski holidays
What a difference a day makes.

16c yesterday but never even got above freezing today. Snowed (sometimes heavily) all day. Brilliant conditions.
snow report
Yup, I spent most of the day in the forests to both sides of the Schladming Paradise lift, some really nice powder to be had.
snow conditions
Scarpa/Kooky/Flangesax (or any other of locals Smile ), how does it look in Zauchensee/Flachauwinkel for getting out of piste (still sort of inside ski resort not really out out Smile ) for any day between Friday and Monday? I just saw update from Lawinenwarndienst Salzburg about avalanche danger going up to 4 from tomorrow on. Worth coming or better waiting a bit? Smile
snow report
Snowed heavily overnight, and still going now. Going to be a good day Happy
latest report
Avi at 4, forecast more heavy snow this afternoon with a further drop in temperature.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy