Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hand luggage boots 'n helmets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Travelling Sleazy to Innsbruck this year. Can you wear ski helmet onto plane? Easyjet states a MOTORCYCLE helmet counts as your one piece of hand luggage. Don't want to arrive at airport having to prove it's not for biking!

Secondly a few years ago we flew with the Irish s...e. Two of my friends were taking boot bags as hand luggage but were told it was Bristol airports policy NOT to allow ski boots as hand luggage. Was that Ryanair just screwing extra cash for the hold? The airport's website under "sporting goods" makes no mention of ski boots.

Any info. or crafty wheezes greatly appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skivor, just take a standard carry on wheelie as luggage and put boots and helmets in it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We always put boots and helmets in our carry on, never had a problem at security....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skivor, Have taken boots as hand luggage from Bristol airport with Easyjet, no problem. I have also seen people attach their helmet by its straps to their hand luggage, again no problem.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some airlines state you can't, some say you can. Some airports don't like it, some don't mind.

I can't be fussed trying to work out what's what, so our boots and helmets go in our chcsked-in luggage to avoid any overzealous power mad airport worker telling me I can't take them on with me.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I always just clip my helmet to my hand luggage; never had a problem and I've flown in/out of Innsbruck a LOT.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We often put helmets in kids hand luggage but have never tried boots
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Snowheads, I'm good to go!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wear light shoes, carry your boots velcroed together, any issues, stuff your light shoes into your and luggage, wear your ski boots - only had to resort to this once, manager rebuked the staff member for being petty.

Wear your helmet, if any airline staff complain, tel them you your doctor told you to wear it in public - of course remove for the scanner. Never had any airline staff daft enough to argue.

Not tried the above on Ryan air, never flown with them or plan to either...works fine on Easy between GVA, MAN and Liverpool

Yes lower ranking staff can be paifull, if they are stand your ground, as soon as things back up more senior, normaly more sensible people replace them
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ditto all of the above. No problem squeezing boots and even helmet into a SleasyJet acceptable bag. I have also hung my helmet on the outside and faced no objections. I suppose some days they may be more militant about it than others, but so far so good!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
always put my helmet in the bottom of my backpack and stuffed things in it and had no problems with EJ from Leeds. Never tried boots but will be this year - wish me luck Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My husband and always bring boots as carry on never had a problem with Ryanair
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm amazed how the rules vary between airports. No helmets or boots allowed in aircraft passenger compartment under any circumstances from Southend On Sea Airport. Strange how these items are seen as some sort of risk at one airport but not at another!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Don't get me started on how the rules change from airport to airport and airline to airline! Luckily where I fly from is quite laid back, but if I'm taking Malmö Aviation or Germanwings and their small regional jets I can have some sympathy with them.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I just strap mine to my backpack or squeeze it into the shovel carry space.

Travelled to and from Innsbruck on many occasions. As long as it fits in the luggage rack measuring thingy you will be fine. Anyway they very rarely question hand luggage unless it is obviously oversized or too heavy.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy