Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

~Tamworth Snowvember SkiTest, Wed 26th Nov 2014~

Poster: A snowHead
about 20 mins ago Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@PaulC1984, I paid on Monday morning for me and OH. My snowAccount is now 0 but we're not green either.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PaulC1984, Really, 20 mins! rolling eyes
With your degree of excitability, are you not concerned you might actually explode before we reach the Birthday Bash?

Greening isn't automatic - I have to green you up manually so it can be a bit sporadic, esp on busy days.

As long as the payment shows* on your snowAccount, there's nothing to worry about.

*paypal confirmations are instant, bank transfers are usually reconciled each day. Cheques take forever!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@admin, Me excited, what gave you that idea!! Happy Being given free reign by the wife to go on holidays for the first time after having the baby does it to most blokes doesn't it Happy

http://youtube.com/v/lEOOZDbMrgE Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Came last year, but can't do this year Crying or Very sad ..
Unfortunately I have to go ski testing in Zermatt instead...a rather low rent alternatives obviously.... Madeye-Smiley (as long as the weather isn't like it was today...proper stormy, no lifts running). Wish the Swiss ski test have a few of those Whitedot numbers though...felt quite inspired at the Hemel Test the other day...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@admin,

tried to pay via Paypal but charge was only 21pence.

can you confirm I have done Bank transfer correctly Ta
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mozwold, I'm guessing you selected the option to pay by bank transfer before using the payPal button.
This would have left a notional balance on your account of 0. (since we're now expecting a bank transfer)
Since the minimum charge for a payPal transaction is 21p, that's what they charged you for paying me nothing - charming eh?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kneissl have just confirmed they'll be coming. Probably bringing Erbacher too.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
See you there Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Paid up!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There's been a nice swell to the numbers on this over the past few days and as a result Movement have just confirmed they'll be joining us snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have paid up & looking forward to it but just wondering how it works about access to the slope. Do we go to payment desk & just tell themwe already paid snowheads? Do we need any kind of proof we paid or who we are? Puzzled
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tell the reception desk you are with Snowheads and they will point you to where ever Admin has his registration desk set up.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm in
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Any idea if Line will have any Afterbang planks with them?
snow conditions
matthunt59 wrote:

I'm checking with them and I'll come back to you.
snow conditions
Bev and I are coming. Bev is struggling to walk at present so will not be skiing. She might dodge off and do some shopping, but as there are some old friends attending, I guess she will be socializing too. Looking forward to a nice little season opener. Thanks, admin!

snowHead
ski holidays
Excellent!
Look forward to seeing you both snowHead
ski holidays
btw. I've added a button for Bev - shame for her to miss out Wink
latest report
matthunt59 wrote:

Heard back from Line, they haven't an Afterbang to bring - anything else from any of the brands you want me to check on?
latest report
Not a problem. I'll see what's there. Thanks for asking the question tho.

Matt
snow conditions
admin, Where is my button? I have tried pressing yours (no pun intended, honestly!) but nowt works! Laughing
snow conditions
@bev bish, If women can have mythical buttons that men can never find buttons to push why cant us men - perhaps admins playing hard to get wink
ski holidays
I've just been told that Whitedot have got their Whiteducks in a row and will be at the test tomorrow! snowHead
snow conditions
@Farmboy, we will be bringing some 151 Directors. These were taken out by a 9year old in Kendal at the weekend, and she loved them, so watch out for your wallet!

PS also available in carbonLite, for even deeper pocket damage.
ski holidays
Cant make it with such short notice, Sorry. Blush
snow report
Short notice? I mean, sometimes yes, I admit, things can be a little 'just in time' around here but there's been a full month's lead-in to this one snowHead
snow report
@admin, So much notice that I thought it was last month!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Its quite good to see there are 10 of the S11BB's going tomorrow Happy
ski holidays
@admin, what's the plan on arrival?
ski holidays
Another fine evening's entertainment and a chance, for me at least to get the new season underway, thanks to admin aided by Gregory.
Nice to meet up with some old friends and ski buddies as well as one or two new people.

The first pair of skis I tried were Nordica Energi 90s (which were not part of the snowheads test, but ho hum, that's the way it goes. ) They were brilliant. Great agility and edge hold in what is a 80mm all mountain ski. Edge hold, in particular exceptionally good. A hard act to follow, so I thought I had better try something radical and ventured to the Whitedot stand. I think they knew they were dealing with an idiot, but humoured me. I think the Directors was my first attempt. These are huge off piste skis that had anybody that has seen me ski wondering about my chances of survival. Definitely not OAP skis. I tried another pair of Whitedots of a more turny kind, but even those made my skiing look like parody.
At this point Management stepped in and told me to get on some skis I could handle. She dragged me to the ever helpful Head man - not that she is biased because she loves her Head skis at all. I finished the evening sliding on a nice pair of intermediate Head somethings. It almost looked like skiing, which is a triumph.

I did like those Nordicas though, maybe because they are like a super- grippy version of my much-loved Scott Missions.

Nice evening. Have a great season everyone.

snowHead
ski holidays
+1 Thanks to admin Happy
ski holidays
+1 from me too - had a really enjoyable evening - thanks for a well organised event to admin and everyone that helped organise it.
snow report
I just wanted to say a big thank you for last night to Graham and his son, the Ellis Brigham team and the brands that brought their great kit for people to try. Even though I was just as a tiny part of the event I wanted to come along and support what everyone was doing. I love skiing and I am lucky enough to work with these brands but for me it is fantastic that this kind of opportunity is available for UK skiers - after all we all love the same thing, as crazy an idea as it is, and that is sliding down frozen water on two planks with razor blades for edges. How on earth is it possible for something so crazy to be so much fun? (Maybe that's the answer). Anyway, it think it was a great night and I hope all that attended had a good time and take advantage of the data it produces too. Al Morgan (I work for the Ski Club of Great Britain).
snow report
Thanks @admin, a great evening last night. I was keen to make 'FreeSki' comparisons with the Volkl Kendos I loved so much at the Hemel ski test last month. The Kendos were the first ski I tried last night just to remind myself how good they were... this time on the Tamworth 'hard pack' rather than the Hemel 'sugar slope'. I have to say that they once again hit the spot for me, a really nice smooth riding ski and they feel so effortless. Gregory didn't catch me in time to scan them so they won't appear on the snowbase tab against my name, but they were a 10 out of 10 for me, I just couldn't fault them. I'll probably take a serious look at acquiring a pair when I venture to Winter Park in the new year. As for the other 'also rans', I tried the Rossignol Sin 7's, the Atomic Theory and Salomon Rocker 100's. The Roosignol I quite liked, slightly lighter than the Kendos and fun to ride. The Atomics were a little heavier, but that was partly due to the bindings on them. The Salomons were similar to the Rossignol, and they also had a tapered front but the bindings were not the ones I would have chosen for them.

All in all, a good night at Tamworth.... Disclaimer: I don't work for Volkl wink
ski holidays
I had a blast last night testing all the different skis. I've been wanting to do this for ages as I've been a bit lost not knowing which type of ski best suited my (lack of) ski style.
My fave was the Volkl Kenja (not stickered so not in the test), but the Rossignol Sin 7 were a very, very close 2nd, in fact if I'd had more time to give them another run I think they would've taken top spot. 3rd place went to the Blizzard Black Pearl just ahead of the White Dot One (which was a little too long for me).
I was given lots of helpful advice and came away with a really good impression of how the different skis compared. I was really surprised at how much fun the 'fatter' more freestyle oriented skis are which I hadn't expected. Didn't really get chance to meet any other snowheads but had a nice chat with captainslow and with Graham/Gregory. Thanks guys and to all involved in bringing this event together.

Now I just need the powers that be to bring enough snow for my trip out to Austria in 3 weeks!
ski holidays
Thanks @admin and everyone from the brands who brought kit down for us to try, really well organised. Had a great time experimenting with different skis Very Happy. Nice to have a chat with @handbag and some of the other snowHead
ski holidays
Great night! Tried loads of skis; Rossignol Temptation 84, Kneissl My Star AC, Kneissl Black Star MC, Atomic Elyssian, Völkl Aura, Nordica Wild Belle and Whitedot Director.

My favourites were probably the Atomics and the Nordicas, but I really liked the Kneissl Black Stars too. To be honest I didn't dislike any of them, it's skiing, what's not to like? But the Atomics or Nordicas would probably suit me most.

Managed to chat to a few nice snowHead snowHead snowHead people too. All in all a very agreeable way to spend a Wednesday evening. Huge thanks to the organisers.
snow conditions
Just Like to add my thanks to Admin for organizing a really great night.

I was lucky enough that all my prospective choices for new skis were there and I tried them all......and a few more besides Very Happy
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
Great night! Tried loads of skis ..... To be honest I didn't dislike any of them, it's skiing, what's not to like?

Absolutely! Thanks to all involved in the organisation. Lovely to see old friends, meet new people and have a blast. I was so happy to be skiing that I gave everything a high mark Laughing .

However, £6.50 for a glass of wine in the bar Shocked . I'll never moan about ski resort prices again.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy