Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Laminated Piste maps

Poster: A snowHead
hi guys,

does anyone know if you can buy laminated piste maps online? We are going to The 3 Valleys at Xmas and I would like to get a map pre laminated before heading out.

Ta
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never seen them but you can get these http://wipe-out.eu/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Could you not acquire one online and then laminate it yourself or if you don't have access to one a friend?

If you pay the cost of P&P I'll do it for you Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Something like the "plasticising" they do on folding maps would be better - a laminated piste map of the 3V would be a bit unwieldy. Or just pick up a handful at the lift pass office and chuck them in the recycling when they give up the ghost.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Buy a few rolls of the plastic for covering a book. Easy to cover a piste map with and it will fold up to fit in a pocket.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The plastic folding 3D maps of the 3Vs have been and gone a few years ago now - speaking to the developer in their first season gave the impression that the licencing fees were going to be an issue, especially as the lift companies were still pumping out millions of free paper copies in competition. I may still have one somewhere, it was a great little souvenir. Anyway I think all that's left professionally is the goggle wipe map Claude B mentions.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chrisrawles, get a map case like you see some hikers using and put it in that.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chrisrawles, most resorts have Apps you can download and use offline these days. I'm sure there will be one for the Three Valleys
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.toughprint.com/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks for the ideas guys, i like the lens cloth thing. will give them a whirl.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
speed098, +1 sticky back plastic all the way!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PaulC1984, speed098, Blue Peter all the way! That is a great idea, especially when you download and print the piste map at work before you go. What? you mean you DON'T do that?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
geoff10, A3 colour photocopier or blow it upto to A2 on the plotter... me .... never Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I came across a couple of climbers on a route in the Dolomites who had photographed the relevant pages from the guidebook and were studying them on the lcd of their camera. Us brits meanwhile had scanned, printed, annotated and laminated the relevant pages at home. Sadly for the Austrians the sun was shining and they were having a lot of difficulty with their camera.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I just follow Lechbob, that works for me.
ski holidays
I can't see to read a map without my glasses - so I memorise the pistes map & follow the signs but I have been to the 3V's a few times.
latest report
Quote:

http://www.toughprint.com/

Toughprint is excellent - I use it for mountain biking and skiing. Just find a hi-res image of the ski area you want online and print it out on the Toughprint. Even with regular inkjet ink it is really waterproof and the plastic paper is virtually indestructible Very Happy
snow conditions
Those lens cloths are brilliant. I use mine all the time. I've never had a better glasses cleaning cloth Happy
latest report
I used the wipeout piste maps for the first time last year. they are great, especially when conditions are wet or snowy. it is so much easier pulling the wipeout cloth out of your pocket on a chair lift and then shoving it back in all crumpled up. Paper piste maps are no more for me.

the printed piste map is exactly the same as an official paper copy.

http://wipe-out.eu/
latest report
Quote:

the printed piste map is exactly the same as an official paper copy.

http://wipe-out.eu/

Yup, these clever folk at Wipeout are in cahoots with the lift company at each major resort in Europe, to obtain the most up to date official piste map available... then they print it onto silky soft lens cloth to keep your glasses clean too. Double brilliantness Smile

Snowheads can get £1 off on orders before 30/11/2014 using voucher code; 1SNOWHEAD
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy