Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

~Braehead Snowvember SkiTest, 15th Nov 2014 : any interest? ~

Poster: A snowHead
EB have a test that day.http://www.ellis-brigham.com/advice-inspiration/blogs/the-big-ski
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Valkyrie wrote:
I was in Braehead for a couple of hours skiing today and I noticed that EB's test day is next Saturday. So is that separate to the Snowheads testing or are we all combining into one big test session?

Hopefully this will be combined into one big test!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm working on the plastic that day so won't be going. Hope it works out though, impressive enthusiasm from admin.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@admin, when do you decide if this is a goer ? The numbers don't seem to be stacking up.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello Steve@EllisB and admin. My boots are rubber soled tourers but they should be squeezable into alpine bindings (they're good to go with marker barons & dynafits) and I'm happy with a caveat about release safety. Would you be happy letting me use them for your ski testing ?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
moffatross wrote:
Hello Steve@EllisB and admin. My boots are rubber soled tourers but they should be squeezable into alpine bindings (they're good to go with marker barons & dynafits) and I'm happy with a caveat about release safety. Would you be happy letting me use them for your ski testing ?

Hi, i'm not sure how many skis with tour bindings we'll have (I can check if you like), and each rep would have to make their mind up on boot compatibility but if you understand the risks i'm happy enough for you to use the EB demos (chances are most reps will be fine too).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks, Steve@EllisB, really appreciated. And admin, as there's no chance of skiable snow in the mountains this coming weekend, I'm a definite now.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Only a few days to go - anyone know how I can actually buy a ticket?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
will you have volkl Chiara in 155 and 162? not sure which size would suit me best but would like to try this ski
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
As some of you have observed, there just isn't the interest here to justify my supporting this. Thank you to the dozen of you who did commit to coming, some from long ways away, but flights are now 3 times what they were a couple of weeks ago and even now we still don't have that critical '20' (hey, I'd have probably bitten the bullet for 17/18! Wink ) so I really can't justify the [quite significant] expense - I'm sorry Sad

As you've spotted, Ellis Brigham will be doing their normal test date anyway, presenting the brands they stock and yes, the intention was to partner up, each bringing something to the party to make it better for all. Unfortunately, we just don't seem to have enough support North of the border to make a significant difference to proceedings so we might as well leave them to it.

As Mr. Goldsmith pointed out, the Ski Club of Great Wimbledon has recently got in on the act and offered to buy everyone drinks (or maybe it was just their pals) so if you're in with them, it might be worth elbowing your way up to the bar for a G&T on them.

More seriously though... here's the Ellis Brigham page about how to book http://www.ellis-brigham.com/advice-inspiration/blogs/the-big-ski
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry that you don't have enough people for this to go ahead, hope you will try again next year when I hope my OH and son will be able to go.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's a shame the magic number wasn't hit, but hopefully you'll all still come along to test skis anyway.
@cakequeen, we've got 155 chiara in our test pool, i'll check with Volkl if they have a 162.
@admin, next year, bigger and better (and earlier!).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hopefully so @Steve@EllisB Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Steve@EllisB, will be there . Do we book with you or eb directly? Looking forward to it !
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@bfg, see my post just above - there's a link to that info on the Ellis Brigham site.
snow report
Just popped in at lunchtime today and bought tickets for myself and cakequeen - 4 hours from 11am. Only £28 each is pretty good value. bfg - you buy the tickets from Snow Factor, not EB.

For anyone coming that hasn't been in Braehead for a while - remember that helmets are compulsory there. They have free ones you can borrow but they're not very nice, so bring your own if you have one.

Hopefully see a few of you on Saturday! The Blues ski test last Sunday was a lot of fun.
ski holidays
@Steve@EllisB, will you have any of this years Blizzard src with you, for sale?
snow report
@geeo, Ellis Brigham only stock and demo the free mountain Blizzard skis, but i've asked Blizzard if they have any to bring.
snow conditions
Just heard back from Blizzard and they don't have any SRC demo skis in the UK. Anything else you were interested in @geeo, ?
snow conditions
Thanks Steve, no just want to buy a pair, I have tested them all ready hence the urgency to purchase snowHead
ski holidays
@Valkyrie, cheers
Will be there at some point along with tourreteski ! ( a bit of a little and large combo 😄)

See you there
latest report
I had a great time and a big thanks to the reps and Ellis Brigham guys it was a blast . I have also found what my next skis will be !
Cheers snowHead
snow conditions
Cracking good fun that was. Really enjoyed the Head Titans, Blizzard Bonafides and loads of others. Luckily I didn't find anything better suited to my needs than my current Fischer Watea 88s, so the bank balance has been spared. Or would have been spared had not Mrs V fallen for the Volkl Alluras, which seem to be the most expensive woman's ski that EB sell Confused Didn't manage to meet any other Snoheads, but that's not great surprise as I
also managed to not notice a guy who works next to me until about 10 minutes before the end.
ski holidays
@Valkyrie, did you not try the rossignol soul7 , I've got watea 84 and I now know what I'm going for next !( when I'm allowed to wink
snow report
Had a great day too. @Valkyrie, was it you who spoke to us at the top, when I said I was going to try the black pearls? Very Happy Puzzled
snow report
Might well have been me - I was in a Salomon helmet and a blue Mountain Equipment soft shell. It was a very sociable day out - very easy to strike up conversations with anyone wearing a new pair of skis.
ski holidays
I also enjoyed the day at Braehead, did you like the Black Pearl@Touretteski, they were wider than I would normally use but I really liked them, I also tried the Salomon Bamboo which were good, the Rossignol Unique 8 which were the wrong length for me but were good when I got them under control, the Atomic Cloud 9 which felt as though they had the wrong wax on as even on the tow they seemed to be sticky, I tried another ski but can't recall what it was at the moment.
latest report
Glad everyone who came had a good time. I've a feeling with a bit of planning involving @admin, and some other interested parties, we'll be able to put on something really special next year. You never know, maybe we'll even get something arranged at Glencoe or Cairngorm if the weather is kind this winter.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I thought this was cancelled! I guess my fault for not checking thread again. Hey ho. Glad you had good time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy