Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - DIY - Has Anyone Used Shuttle transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So Im looking to go to Saalbach in February on DIY found a nice apartment, flights not too expensive and Im looking at the Shuttle Transfer from Salzburg.

The only issue/ concern I have is what happens if your flight gets diverted to another airport - its just last year some of the flights got diverted to Munich as there was bad weather in Salzburg, does the shuttle pick you up or are you left stranded?

Has anyone used this service?? thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i have never used it. But i suppose you give them your flight number so if something happens the know. But the best is to ask them...just send an email
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Shuttle is by far the easiest way to DIY from Salzburg Airport to Saalbach - http://holiday-shuttle.at/html/englisch/saalbach/booking.html

When you book, you should write your flight number in the notes field on the form. The scheduled Shuttle runs to a timetable, but in my experience they are good about waiting for flights that are slightly delayed and the drivers watch the arrivals board. If your flight is significantly delayed, they will usually transfer you to the next available shuttle. If you are significantly delayed in the UK, then ring them to let them know before you take off and they will let you know what to do.

The Shuttle only runs from Salzburg and Munich airports - if your flight is booked to Salzburg, then the airline will transfer you to Salzburg regardless of where you land if you are diverted. This might be Innsbruck, Linz or Klagenfurt, or possibly Munich depending on the airline. The Shuttle drivers will know that the flight has been diverted, and will usually run to their timetable (they cannot wait around for 2 hours while you are bussed from somewhere else), putting you on the next available Shuttle when you eventually arrive in Salzburg, but you should ring them when you land and find out exactly what the procedure is. You can also read the FAQs on the website http://holiday-shuttle.at/html/englisch/saalbach/FAQs.html

Once when I was diverted to Linz, Ryanair bussed us all to Salzburg and then I took the next Shuttle.

If there are more than 3 in your group, it is worth booking a VIP taxi from the Holiday Shuttle company as it works out as cheap, if not cheaper if your are more than 4. Then you have your own Shuttle waiting when you land (again, put the flight number on the booking form).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quinton - Thanks for the info - I never thought about the airline getting you to the correct airport. The flight is with Jet2 and I just presumed as It was not a package holiday you would basically be left to sort things out yourself. There is just 2 of us the price quoted seems reasonable for the transfer.

Hopefully things will run smoothly but you never know what the weather is like - last year we booked a package with Crystal and the day we left Salzburg closed for an hour and this caused huge disruptions so I was just trying to find out how things would pan out when you do it DIY. thanks
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pam B, Jet 2 are responsible for getting you to Salzburg. From there, you pick up the Shuttle, but communication is the key. As the Shuttle website says, if the Shuttle cannot accommodate you, or you miss the last scheduled Shuttle, your travel insurance should step in (or you can buy cover from the Shuttle site). What you would presumably then do is pick up a taxi from the rank outside the airport and your insurance should reimburse you when you get home. You could also ask at the Vorderegger desk in the terminal - they have a bus service to Zell am See and Saalbach.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
quinton, Vorderegger also do a similar shuttle service, which seems to be cheaper - do you know if it's as good? At the back of my mind I have an inkling that one (or more) of our guests may have used it without a problem, but I haven't (yet). (See http://www.vorderegger.at/_ui/files/fahrplaene/91deddb0e11e046053a3063f78058749.pdf )
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Vorderegger service is very similar to the Holiday-Shuttle, except that it seems to be based in Zell am See, so Saalbach guests sometimes get a free tour of Zell while the bus drops guests off there before it continues to Saalbach. The departure times are similar to Holiday-Shuttle - not surprising, as it caters for the same incoming flights.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I used it on a return leg. The times don't always match with flights in which case you get a 20min bus to the station, a two hour train to zell am see costing about 20 euros and a bus to saalbach. It takes about 3 hours but is fairly stress free.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy