Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone skied Rossi Experience 88's and Armada TST's??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Playing with idea of a new purchase and wondered if anyone had skied Rossignol Experience 88 and Armada TST's for a comparison? Firstly, I realise of course that the 88's are 88 under foot and the TSTs are 101 but reviews seem to have them both as agile all mountain planks and so I wondered how they compare to ski.

Before I get reams of 'test them both' answers I know I should do so but young kids and work leave me no time to pop off to a fridge. I can perhaps test both in resort but may not be able to find both. I skied a 176 Experience 83 in Tignes lat year and loved it- so much fun but maybe a little soft for going fast- I am 210 lbs but only 5'9'' and an ex 8 season ski bum so am a fairly advanced skier.

I would just plump for the TST's for their powder float but lets be honest- I ski France in March every year so havent seen a big powder week since 2008 so seem to spend more time ripping up groomers

Whats your thoughts?

Cheers
Iain
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Had a rental pair in Jan '13 in Dolomites, didn't like them at all. Found them too heavy, too damp and unresponsive. Skiing conditions were generally good so I wasn't very happy with them. I'm also 5'9'' and about 105Kg - can't remember the length exactly but they were about 176cm. Could've been the condition of the skis or an inadequate service though.

As an aside, I ski'd on Volkl RTM 84s earlier this year and they were literally amazing in a wide range of conditions from hardpack through to rainy slush. If I were buying an all mountain ski, they're what I'd go for.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks - will have a butchers at the Volkl. What ski did you rent btw - TST or Rossi 88?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry, Rossi experience 88s..
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I demoed the E88 last year too, and I also found them to be quite dead. Playful is the exeact opposite of what I found.

Have you looked at the new Fischet Motive 95 TI or the new Ranger 88 TI's? If they're anything like the Watea's (but then with some metal), they're awesome.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a pair of Armada TST's. I've had them for 3 seasons now and they are the best skis I've ever skied on. They are really versatile: they obviously work well on powder and tight steep walls (bumpy or otherwise) but are also very good on groomed runs.
Although not carvers they are equally good for long sweeping turns down fast blacks/reds or 80s style "godille" down blues. They are also heavy enough to be stable at high speed whilst not so heavy that they require huge effort to turn (but you do need a solid technique to make the most of them so they are not for beginners/intermediate.)
Since you seem to imply you are an advanced skier I'd highly recommend them. Owing to your height/weight you probably should buy the 183 ones (from memory they come in 174, 183 and 192 and the 174 might be just a bit too small)

HTH
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RA
Have the 88s. It's a highly damped, and therefore, stable ski. Although categorised as all mountain, it has a carving piste preference, though I used them in deep Canandian snow where they have to be skied with centred stance and some concentration. The turning circle veers to slalom end end of the spectrum. They are not smeary noodles and probably suit a technically accurate "old school" skier who skis at moderate to high speed.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy