Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2014/2015: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
webcams show it snowing pretty hard in Les Menuires this arvo Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It was cold this morning and all the snow cannons were on full blast. Pistes are icy and stony in places (the run to Mottaret from Saulire is very icy!) but holding up very well. Now the good news - IT'S SNOWING!! It's been coming down all afternoon. There's about two inches on the hotel balcony in 1850, but a lot more up on the pistes. On the last couple of runs it was about 4 inches deep. This will help things a lot for the next few days. Still a lot more needed, but it's a start. Just hope it doesn't get too mild.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Someone has broken the la tania webcam
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@HoneyBunny, Good news - thanks for the update snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We need @franzclammer to give us a live update. But he's probably in the bar with droid.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Was this snow dump forecast? Last I saw was it was getting warmer again
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There was snow on most forecasts, between 4 and 6 cm. Be interesting to see what has actually hit the ground. Much needed but with the temp rise forecast might still not be enough. FI has temps and FL dropping drastically in about a week. Time will tell.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some fun to be had this morning with good conditions on piste and some good snow off piste with a bit of effort.

Snowing from 1pm, and driving home it was snowing down to below St Martin, and was just about turning to snow again in Bozel (850m).
Detailed MeteoFrance forecast in resort was calling for 15-20cm overnight, but temps rising drastically tomorrow (0º 2700!)...

Oh and P4 below Val T still definitely free for day trippers - the new barriers had me all confused last week when I drove past!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chains required tonight for all 3V resorts. I drove through Chamonix and Megeve earlier, and it was dumping there. Rain in St Gervais though
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's still snowing in the 3Vs
Was snowing down to Les Allues on the drive down to BLB
Still raining down here in BLB & snowing in Meribel according to cams
Hopefully more pistes open tomoz
Very Happy

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 17-12-14 22:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Any depth?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I estimate very roughly that at 5pm there was at least 6 inches on the Chaudanne that was grass this morning
The snow is SOoo creamy n grippy. If visibility improves after this "dump" then it'll be heavenly.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 17-12-14 22:23; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Still snowing lightly in 1850. About a foot at village level. Maybe a bit less. Can't post a photo, this forum needs Tapatalk!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the updates. Happy for it to be raining in BLB if it is snowing higher up ( i shall pack my brolly).....but worried about the warmer weather forecast.
I read today that the 3V lift company has suspended the usual reciprocal arrangements with Espace Killy and Paradiski to reduce people from other resorts coming over. Anyone else heard this ?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Definitely a comfortable 6 inches of snow on balconies down in mousillon. It snowed until around 10ish I think. Cannot wait to get out today, conditions should be excellent. Fingers crossed it stays colder than forecast!
snow report
@IwishICouldThinkOfAFabNam, Lizzard reported that the reciprocal arrangement in the Galaxie area (Les2Alpes etc) had been suspended, so it sounds highly probable. Fingers crossed it doesn't rain too much today.
snow conditions
Enjoy the fresh snow, hope there is some left by Saturday!
snow conditions
13cm reported in la tania on chalet balcony
latest report
Yeah dont use all the good snow up people, I want to have some to play in on Saturday. WHOOP!
ski holidays
looks like more snow forecast next 2 days, but freezing level much higher so lower resorts will get rain Sad

Next week looks like blue skies every day till the weekend - if the pistes stay in good condition could be a good week, be nice to see more snow, but feeling happier with last nights top up that more pistes should open. Clear skis could open the possibility of cannons at night at least as temps drop.

Must pack spf-50 Wink
snow conditions
Rain is ruining and thinning the snow pack unfortunately. Raining at 2200m ATM and due to continue all day with very high freezing levels overnight. Will try Val T again tomorrow as most of Courch is fairly poor right now. Hopefully it freezes soon and will at least provide a base for January.
snow conditions
Guys, were off to VT Boxing Day for a week....all this negative media and talk of the season being doomed is causing me sleepless nights, please put my mind at rest and tell me its all gonna be fine...pretty please!!!
latest report
@swilson1980, Ignore it. I am going to VT for a week this Saturday. it might more crowded than normal, but people have been posting some good reports of VT conditions over the last week or so. Obviously it depends what level of skiier/boarder you are as to what you are wanting to do, but for me, i think there will be enough to mooch around the mountain.
latest report
cheers for the positivity @chrisrawles, this is our fourth ski trip, have done Cham x 3 and Morzine once. We were skiing blues and mainly reds in both resorts just hope there is enough to keep us entertained in VT.
snow conditions
@swilson1980, I have the whole area lift pass for the trip, doesnt look like that will get used, but it worked out about £40 more to have the complete pass so sod it. If I can use it to other resorts great, if not will just make the most from VT. Either way its going to be white, better than grey and gloomy UK.
ski holidays
Looks an absolute minger out there today Shocked
latest report
@red 27, in a good or bad way?
snow conditions
@chrisrawles, Is there a good way to ming Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Depends how you like it LOL
latest report
freezing level too high causing rain Sad
ski holidays
@swilson1980, as has been mentioned before, lots of good reports from VT at the moment. You might get lucky with your timing too, the next few days are looking warmer but there are reports of the freezing level dropping to 950m on Boxing Day, with some snow on Boxing day too. If that continues during your week then the whole of the 3 Vallees might come to life!! Smile
snow conditions
Reminds me of when I went to Soldeu. On the bus, rep was telling us about brown slopes, stones etc. Dumped 2 feet overnight.
ski holidays
Raining to the top of the Funitel Grand Fond today ! At least if it gets cold next few days it should consolidate a solid base off piste.
snow report
Yeah..the rain (among other things I guess) kinda messed up everything today. That being said, yesterday's afternoon was still freaking amazing (powder everywhere) Smile
snow conditions
offpisteskiing wrote:
Raining to the top of the Funitel Grand Fond today

Yikes - sounds like it rained on the moon today Shocked
latest report
Skiing in the rain and cloud all day was not pleasant, got drenched! Needed windscreen wipers for my goggles. Skied all the way down into Meribel this morning though. Great snow until the rain spoilt it.

However pistes are still fine, there's still enough to ski on. VT was in great shape today and much quieter thanks to the bad visibility.
ski holidays
@HoneyBunny, That's the spirit - I've had some good fun skiing in the rain over the years - normally in the afternoons after a long lunch Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Lasted til 3.30 then quit as it was getting dark and I was soaked! Still a good day though, especially this morning.
ski holidays
Anyone got any beta on les menuires? If nothing else I'm counting on the fact that it is at least close to VT. Also Combe de Saulire info, given its my favourite piste
latest report
By the looks of it our holiday company is planning on bussing us to the Orelle lift for VT, i can see a busy week coming up....

Dan
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy