Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2014/2015: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Is it too much to ask for a meter of snow from Thursday to Saturday, with sunshine for the rest of the week after that?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar wrote:
Tim's bobblehat is freaking awesome Happy

It made me smile when he panned to his son and mentioned he had lost his pass in the first 100m. The look of disappointment on his face was classic.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bottom half of meribel valley is essentially closed. Gondolas up and down. Top half is open in places. Courchevel top has a couple of runs open. Val T mostly open, but very busy. Les Menuires is petty awful.
If I had the choice id have cancelled. If no snow falls Xmas week will be awful.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@magicrichard, or those of us who are out Xmas week will just have to make the most of what is open.

More snow is due this week so hopefully things will only improve
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I thought VT was pretty awesome this weekend. It wasn't that busy, snow was good, and the weather was great.

http://i62.tinypic.com/1zph1nd.jpg
MOD EDIT : turned Pic3 in to a hyperlink as it was making the page massive.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@magicrichard, new year week quality now in serious doubt. Looking at the forecast for the rest of the month there is little snow and too warm for the cannons to work on the lower slopes in 3v which will force people higher and not spread the crowds out. Of course it can change, but there is a pattern in the forecast that has been there since the start of the month and has no sign of change. I hope things change, and of course there is nothing you can do about the conditions.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Went over to VT today. Snow conditions are pretty good, but it's busy on the main runs. Meribel valley is awful at the bottom and you have to download from the Courchevel side. Not much open Courchevel today. Some runs around the 3Vs are a bit stony and icy, but overall they're doing a great job considering the warm temps and lack of snow. Had a very enjoyable day's skiing!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Courchevel wasn't too bad today, considering...
Combe de Saulire very good, Combe des Pylones was good grippy cold snow (but care needed on top half as alot of rocks), and Creux was fairing reasonably well too.
Still, 50cm (or 1m) wouldn't go amiss!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Meribel valley looked dire today. We didn't even bother buying passes 😕
Going up to VT tomorrow
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@franzClammer, bummer. Fingers crossed for better conditions.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for updates - 6 days and counting - where is the snow ?????
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
IwishICouldThinkOfAFabNam wrote:
Thanks for updates - 6 days and counting - where is the snow ?????

In Utah Confused
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ansta1, yeh Mate. I'd save me dough n wait unless you're going to VT.
It was warm again today I clocked +6 deg in Mottaret this morn Confused
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Coming out on Saturday for a few weeks. Don't think I'll be seeing much snow but still looking forward to getting out! I'll keep snow dancing however...
snow report
If it helps, 29cm forecast this week, most of it falling tomorrow, do they know something the other sites don't ?

http://www.meteoexploration.com/forecasts/Courchevel/
snow report
Every site seems to says something different these days, I find getting a friend to look out the window is the most reliable!
ski holidays
Little Martin wrote:
If it helps, 29cm forecast this week, most of it falling tomorrow, do they know something the other sites don't ?

That's very positive. Hope they're right. Snow forecast.com has only 4cm falling tomorrow and rain the following day followed by few dry, sunny days.
snow report
We cams in Courchevel looking better than expected this morning. ..
snow conditions
Paul100 wrote:
Little Martin wrote:

That's very positive. Hope they're right. Snow forecast.com has only 4cm falling tomorrow and rain the following day followed by few dry, sunny days.

I don't use Meteoexploration but they claim forecasts for day 1-5 are based on the WRF model and day 6-8 are based on the GFS which would give me more confidence than snow-forecast.com since AFAIK they only use the GFS model. The WRF model produces data on higher resolution so it should be more accurate than the GFS.
ski holidays
snow-forecast now showing a bit more snow tomorrow so they look to be coming closer in sync

ensembles aren't very wide either.

Not too happy with the temps and freezing levels, not much chance for cannon snow over the next few days.

Can't decide if I should get 3V pass or not for next week, don't think there will be enough for me in 1850 for the week to keep me entertained.

Anyone know what the prices are at the moment for passes, I'm presuming they are reduced to normal prices
snow report
Yeah, I haven't recharged mine for this year yet as I'm not sure what it's worth getting.
snow conditions
There was a bit of snow this morning which helped. The open pistes are mostly in decent nick, especially Saulire. Went over to VT again and the snow is very good there. It's VERY busy though, as you'd expect. Some pistes are stony and icy, one red in particular to get you back to Courchevel. More needs to open up really to thin out the crowds but the skiing is good. The Three Valleys is probably one of the best places to be.
ski holidays
@HoneyBunny, Thanks for the update, We arrive in VT Saturday 6am!!! Hopefully as its transfer day we can get a few hrs in before the huge crowds arrive. Forecast is for some decent snow up to the weekend, lets hope it happens.
snow report
@Little Martin There isn't really much to do in Meribel/Courchevel from what is open and from what I've seen (only went to Meribel-Mottaret yesterday).
VT seems to be better by far. Only problem is that tons of people also realize that so it's crowded (and sometimes icy).

It feels like they opened the '3 valleys' just to say it's open and to let people access VT. Not sure what's the current price but I think selling passes for 280 euros is kinda absurd right now.
latest report
Hello! We are booked in to Meribel over the New Year week.... I know it's a few weeks away, but what chance do you think there will be of having kids lessons in Meribel that week (given the snow conditions), or would it be better to look for something in VT? Any advice greatly received!! Thanks.
latest report
Val T definitely the pick of the bunch - lots open, pistes not too bad (and some really very quiet), and a few off piste possibilities up high with minimal chance of ski/rock or body/rock contact...

snow report
Staying in Meribel, pistes that are open are mainly in great condition. Spent yesterday morning cruising the Creux off the back of Saulire and around Courcheval. Afternoon around Menuires.
Today visibility poor but again conditions decent underfoot. Alouette the only return piste from VT to Meribel is in bad need of a top up but other than that lots of good on piste skiing to be had.
Yes there is no champagne powder and things are less than ideal but much much better than I had expected.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi guys,

I am traveling to Val Thorens with a group of friends this Saturday for a week (decided to change from Les houches due to lack of snow there).
As I have little time to organise, could anyone advice me on what are the road conditions on approach (as driving from London) and then what is the best option for ski passes and rental of equipment and anything worth knowing about the resort?

Thank you!
snow report
weather reports all pointing to a top up of snow this afternoon/evening, lets hope the clouds give us a good amount
latest report
Little Martin wrote:
weather reports all pointing to a top up of snow this afternoon/evening, lets hope the clouds give us a good amount

Fingers crossed!
snow report
@marta, roads are fine at the mo
ski holidays
Just doing my lunchtime webcam crawl, to see snow falling on the live la tania webcam

http://www.latania.co.uk/webcam/live/

Hopefully it'll turn all that green white.
snow conditions
@Little Martin, you must have better eyesight than me?
snow report
3vt who's office is in La Tania have just tweeted saying it's snowing.
latest report
@chrisb, watch the actual live one, you can see it falling
snow report
marta wrote:
then what is the best option for ski passes and rental of equipment and anything worth knowing about the resort?

@marta, for lift passes I'd wait until you get to the resort - it sounds like VT is the place to be at the moment but there are also reports that it's snowing across the 3 Vallees so things could change dramatically over the next couple of days.

Hard to say if there's anything worth knowing without knowing any specifics about your group and what you like\don't like. For me, if you like a beer and a bit of music then give the Folie Douce a go, always a cracking atmosphere. Also, don't miss out on Orelle (which often gets forgotten about) which has a couple of really nice red runs. And give the ski cross course a go - great fun!

Have fun!! And don't forget to report back!
snow conditions

la tania
This was green an hour ago, hope it continues Smile
ski holidays
This is getting all so exciting. 2 more sleeps!
latest report
@Little Martin, I will take that all back. Please continue to watch the webcam and lets hope that warm weather coming is not as bad as the forecast shows. I must have been looking at the delayed one.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy