Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

~ Chill Factore :: Ski Test, 22nd Nov, Manchester ~

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks Admin, Helen, Gregory and all the suppliers for another well organised ski test.

Dynastar Neva's are still my favourites! Looking forward to Arabba now!! snowHead Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sad darn missed this as I was offered tickets to the rugby on Saturday, hope you all enjoyed it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Once again hats off to Admin for a brillant ski test and all the suppliers at Chillfactor, most enjoyabel evening. I now know that I can ski with my new knee roll on the season. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks to all for organising and especially the suppliers for making the effort. I wouldn't class myself as a good skier and yet it was easy to tell the difference between skis (much to my surprise!) The only drawback is I now see why it's worth having your own skis rather than running the roulette of the hire shops...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would like to add my thanks to all involved.
It was great getting back in the with snowheads crowd after a few years away and can't wait for more opportunity to cath up again.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for organising this, I had a fab time despite not really having a clue what sort of ski I would like! I couldn't believe the huge number of ski's available to try out, despite a little hot chocolate break I still tested 7 pairs of ski's and could have tried more if time hadn't run out. It was a brilliant system for checking the ski's in and out and rating them, and I love the fact that the results are available online so I didn't need to remember! Thank you again!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes - thanks all and especially to @admin for organising it again. Luckily for my wallet, I emerged unscathed but with confirmation that last year's acquisition as a result of the Castleford test - my lovely Whitedot Ranger CarbonLites - was the right one!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tried 2 skis and spent a long time waiting for Lampbus to make a decision on which skis to try. Thought he was going to ask the name of the technician that worked on each ski and what he had for breakfast. Anyway, his skiing is very good, much better than I remember it from 7.5 years ago.

K2 Amp Bolts - I've actually bought an older pair off sport pursuit but not skied them yet. Fell over within 40m of setting off. Very, very embarrassing, quickly wrote a sign saying 'My name is Lampbus' before changing clothes so no one recognised me. Got used to them after a couple of runs but not what I'd call fun, found them a bit lifeless and I like skis with some 'pop'. Might be OK if honking it and putting them under some strain . . . so not suited to a fridge. Palmed them off to Speed098 and got the Chargers.

K2 Chargers - definitely would prefer these for every day. Much livelier and also much lighter (aspen and something core instead of the douglas fir of the Bolts per Mr helpful rep).

Apart from that:
1. Nearly got taken out by older guy who should know better.
2. The guy with orange trousers and jacket with orange zips was good. The girl with purple trousers wasn't bad. Lampbus was very good.
3. I unfortunately didn't try the Kneissl skis Speed098 recommended.
3.5 Still find the idea of trying off-piste skis in a fridge quite funny. Saw one guy take them off and walk down.
4. Nandos was OK.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Nickski, +1 for Chargers, superb
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Nickski,

You missed out not trying the Kneissl's wink Was very tempted to smuggle them away under my jacket snowHead

And the Movement Fly Swatters where hilarious can't wait to try them again preferably abroad, about the only thing to be taken serious on them was the din settings. One of the most fun and wackiest thing I have experienced on skis, and that is saying something.

I have always liked K2 skis since using some 5500's and TRC's years ago and the Amp Bolts lived upto my expectations they held a good edge and fell somewhere between the Kneissl and the Dynastar CR74 Fluid, but as you have said not enough life in them for a fridge unless you really push them to the limit, but I think on piste doing the med radius turns they were designed for will bring a bit more life into them. Personally I would still chose the Kneissl's though.

I did not have time to try the Chargers and to be honest by time I finished I was completely spent. Will just have to look forward to the next ski test snowHead

I enjoyed my first ever visit to a Nando's Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Nickski, I was wondering why people were sniggering at me and muttering about spectacular falls...I NEVER fall whilst skiing Little Angel

However, On my penultimate run, having hopped onto the Ranger Carbonlites (having hopped off the normal rangers) I did have an incident that left me sitting on the snow...all in order to examine the crystal microstructure close up of course.

Those K2 Chargers...I didnt try them...but did the technician prefer the Aspen or Douglas Fir for breakfast?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks snowheads, it was really fun meeting you (and trying out some awesome skis too). There was a pair of Dynastars (Powertrack 84) that I really liked, now I need to educate myself and try to learn why I liked them.

P.S. from whom did I borrow £1 for the locker and forget to return it?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy