Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SNOWBOMBING 2015 - the "All things to do with Skidding and Jigging" thread....

Poster: A snowHead
Who's going, meeting up 'n' sharing...? www.snowbombing.com

Anyone who has been before got any tips to share?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 21-10-14 9:09; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes I'm going. Can't wait. Then heading over to val t for 2 weeks ending with EoSB
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks like a great line up in Mayrhofen and a great way to end the season in Val T Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm also going to WOW glacier love festival in kaprun next month. Rudimental playing there too
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm thinking of heading out to snowbombing on my own and finding buddies there. I would be tavelling from Northern Ireland. Anyone else doing this? @scootsman? snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm going alone too, its my first time so anyone who wants to meet up that would be great!! I went Glastonbury alone and we had a fb group where we all decided on meeting points and arranged a party/get together so everyone could meet, might be worth doing the same?

VERY EXCITED! Cant wait to get out there on those mountains!!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@b_mackenzie, hi. That's great. Where are you staying?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Haus Wiesengrund, tried to get a cheap and cheerful one as want to be spending most of my time/money out there! What about yourself? Have you guys been many times before? Any tips that I might not have thought of that might need sorting before I go, haven't been skiing for a good 5 years so def gonna need to get some practice in!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@b_mackenzie, I'm in pension birkenhof also cos it's cheap n cheerful and in mayrhofen centre. I've never been to snowbombing before looks amazing tho. I just got back from wow glacier love festival in kaprun which was good but SB will be bigger and better I think.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I know I cant wait, it falls on my Birthday too!! Whats wow glacier like I've never heard of that one? Are you going with many people?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@b_mackenzie, wow is a new event this year. It was good as its at the very start of season. one of my workmates is going too but I don't think they have booked yet and I think some of my other ski buddies will be booking too but they haven't booked yet. They need to get things booed as I think in previous years it has booked up quite quickly. That's why I booked early to get room at good price and to be honest I prefer my own room. Birthday too even more reason to celebrate
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I haven't arranged anything yet but going laone definitely seems fun to a thing like this! I gotta wait until the new year to book though
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ooo might have to have a look next year! I stayed up all night to get the early bird tickets which sold out in minutes haha! @ConBon looks like theres quite a few people going it alone so we'll all be in the same boat, people are usually more open to others when going alone so I have no doubt we're all going to make some wonderful friends out there!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes!! Exactly why I want to do it! I wish I thought about it earlier and got tickets! Do I now need to book accomodation through them along with tickets?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I booked it all together I think it's cheaper that way but I'm not 100% I did it in such a rush trying to get the early bird tickets it was very confusing!! Plus I hadn't slept just pressing refresh all night long haha!! I think its easier to do it all through the snowbombing website just because you can add your lift passes, ski hire ect and pay it off bit by bit, you only need to put the deposit down I think about £150 then pay off when ever.

But people on here might know of a better/cheaper way of doing it, you could start a thread theres always someone out there happy to help! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
ConBon wrote:
Do I now need to book accomodation through them along with tickets?

Generally yes, although they do sell a limited number of festival passes at the event. (not bookable in advance)

I have been considering doing it again but the line-up looks shyte compared to SB14 Sad
latest report
Told you someone is always happy to help! Toofy Grin
snow report
Sweet. I did click through the accomodation a bit. Looks good but any suggestions as to whcih ones would be good for lone travellers? Hostelly atmospheres??
latest report
@ConBon, I'm not much help as Ive never been to SB or mayrhofen before. I just picked pension birkenhof because it was cheap and reasonably central in town as I didn't want to have to get bus to other areas.
snow conditions
@ConBon, Is the Gasthof Zillertal on the list as that is a hostel. To be fair though, that week is all about snowbombing and so where ever you stay there will be a great atmosphere. Pension Birkenhof is a decent spot, ski bus goes to both Penken and Horberg lifts and is easy walk into town.
snow conditions
@googiew, thanks for the info
ski holidays
@googiew Cheers Smile I don't think I seen it. It also looks like places are selling out fast with a lot just have twin/doubles/triples left. So..... who's sharing with me!? Razz
latest report
SNOWBOMBING has Black Friday offers free VIP plus lots of goodies check out site.
ski holidays
Where?????
ski holidays
For some reason I can't add link to thread but check the website from first post it should say on website or look on SNOWBOMBING Facebook page that's where I saw it
latest report
hey guys ,
im heading out to snowbombing on my own! .. would love to meet up with others out there Smile
add me on fb https://www.facebook.com/hollie.joyce.524
snow report
@holliej, hi Hollie. I sent you a message on facebook. It might go to your 'other' folder as we're not friends (yet). I'm going alone too. So would be great to meet up. 🎿❄️🎉🍻
latest report
Hya. So who's off snowbombing? Would love to jump on the band wagon!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm off Snowbombing Very Happy
latest report
Was thinking about it but bit too late I think, cost for the week is far too much and I could effectively do 1 normal ski trip and a random festival in the UK for the same price. Shame as looks like a pretty decent line up, am due to see most of the same DJs in a few weeks but would be great to see them and then be able to go skiing Very Happy
snow conditions
Feel a sHds meet coming up! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
I'm going solo, I've only been boarding about 8 months Laughing

Am I Mad ?
ski holidays
@taffy20vt, 8 months! That doesn't tell us much, how many days on snow?
snow report
https://www.facebook.com/snowbombing under posts to page there are a few people looking to share rooms or sell on tickets if this is any use for you guys.
latest report
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1536501219960606/ I have set up a facebook group for Solo Snowbombers if anyone wants to chat and keep in touch.
ski holidays
@Speachmaus I've probably done 30 hours in total, all in either ChillFactorE or Tamworth
ski holidays
@taffy20vt, well that's equal to about a week in total so you should be fine. Might want to stay away from Harakiri. Apparently it's the steepest groomed slope in Austria.
ski holidays
@Speachmaus, I believe so, a mate of mine has been down there a few times and told me to stay well away from it. I'll just start off on the easier slopes and try to improve throughout the week.
snow report
@taffy20vt, absolutely. You'll be amazed how you get on on a real mountain and boarding every day.
snow conditions
@Speachmaus, I can imagine. I'm looking forward to having more room, and for it to last longer than the 25 seconds it takes to get down the indoor slopes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy