Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski outfit for 3 year old - first time in lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

My son will be 3.5 when he starts his lessons in Jan with Esprit Spritelets class.

Not sure whether to buy him an all in one suit, or separate jacket and trousers.

Any experiences to share of what works best for toddlers?

Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lottster, I'd go for separates, that way toilet trips are easier
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I'd go for separates, that way toilet trips are easier

agreed/ And have him practice......

Also a good jacket, especially if it has a zip out lining, will be useful in the UK. I bought my then 3 year old grand-daughter a jacket for her skiing last season - it was a bit big, but with the lining zipped out she's worn it all summer and it is now her school coat. Lining will go in when it gets cold, then she'll wear it all winter for school and a ski trip too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i'll declare an interest, as this is our shop! we sell both, one-pieces and separates and it really is horses for courses. our 2 have had one-pieces for the last 2 years but our son is moving on to separates this winter.

as the best compromise, the jacket in the link zips together with the salopettes of the same name and when bought together we'll refund you 10% - http://www.funkyrascal.co.uk/kids-winter-jacket-nallo-in-tangerine-orange-didriksons/

any questions, we're glad to help.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another vote for separates. Our kids used the Columbia Buga sets:

http://www.simplypiste.com/products/Columbia/BoysBugaSet-BrightRedGraphite.aspx?gclid=CjwKEAjw5ZKiBRDhqa-Yjcml9kYSJABia-Rn6RR5cjU9mnHFrBZuG3ok4AsROIOZ_t2DAF04r81FlRoCVWvw_wcB

These are brilliant. The salopettes have a built in fleece vest which keeps them in place, adds warmth, stops snow going down their trousers etc. Waterproofing is excellent (given how much they sit on the snow this is crucial). Available in numerous colour combos, tho' my kids both liked the red as it "makes them look like ski instructors" Very Happy

I personally wouldn't buy anything else for kids, having used this. Its a little pricier than some of the cheapest decathlon etc. stuff but is fantastic quality; ours has probably had over 30 weeks use and is only now looking a bit tatty.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My children had all in one outfits when they were 5 and under. I think they are cosier for younger children.

Several years ago I managed to find a reduced Poivre Blanc all in one outfit for my son in TK Max..although have never seen anything so nice there since. My daughter had a lovely Lego Wear all in one when she was thee that has since been passed on to several other children and is still going strong. Since then they have moved on to separate jackets and salopettes - I have found Muddy Puddles ski wear good. My eldest is now too old for their range so will have to find another option.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I think they are cosier for younger children

They are cosier. But I have yet to meet a 3 year old who can take himself to the toilet, alone, and pee or poo without either letting it all trickle down the leg OR dropping the sleeves on the (inevitably) wet floor. Or more commonly both. It's a struggle for an adult, holding the arms of the all in one with your elbows. At least a 3 year old would not also have to deal with a tampon (this, in an all in one suit with a "Turkish" style loo is probably the ultimate ski-toiletting challenge. Or so my friend told me when she eventually got back to the table to find her thé citron completely cold).

I have a lovely Poivre Blanc one-piece bought in Filarinskis sale years ago for about £25. It will fit my 2 year old grand-daughter this winter but she won't be having to go to the loo alone, as a 3 year old in lessons would.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, Maybe my kids are unusual but I doubt either have needed the loo during a ski lesson as I always used to take them just before the start of the lesson when they were younger. When my daughter was just 3 she only had an hours ski lesson. Then at 3 3/4 she had 2 1/2 hr lessons.

I think all in ones are fine for boys as if they need a wee they can do a standing up wee and possibly just pull down the zip or take down the top half and it should still hang just above floor level. It is harder for girls whatever outfit they are wearing as even if you have a two piece the top half of the salopettes (shoulder straps) might come into contact with the floor.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can second the recommendation for the Columbia Buga set. Both my kids have had these (my daughter has had two). Very cosy with the fleece bib, practical for toilet breaks and when going inside for drink stops. You can't take just your jacket off on a one piece!!

The latest Buga suits have a nice feature where you can unpick a special bit of thread and the sleeves get longer as your children grow. Both the suits my daughter had lasted her for two seasons, and with the new tech on my sons I think his will last for 3 seasons. We always get a size bigger initially, but they don't' look stupidly big Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I had a two piece columbia suit last season which was fabulous - not a Buga, I think, but had the fleece vest which is ideal; very soft and comfy. It was for age 2, so had a complete zip round the legs for nappy changing, now not needed as one of the two little ones who wore the set last season will be 3 in December, the other April, and so don't wear nappies any more. Despite the zip though, which could be a weak point, it kept them very warm and dry even sitting round in the snow. Will be selling it this year, sadly.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
When mine were very young they had a two piece set - I think it was Columbia and it had a zip which followed the inside seam of the trouser and made toilet trips very easy as you didn't need to remove the jacket. At around 4/5/6 years an all in one kept them warm and by then they could cope with shimmying out of it for the bathroom trips. What is essential is elastic on the mitts that runs down the jacket sleeves whatever you go for!!!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Last year my daughter (3) used two pieces, they did mentioned if they have to go to the toilet they have to go themselves and get dressed by themselves again; so accidents could be expected; so 2 pieces meant that in case of an accident I could just get other pair of salopettes in resort (it didn't happened by the way)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Perfect - thank you so much for the recommendations and tips. Will hunt down a buga set for him.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Take seperates and 2 of each; ski suits look nice but are a nightmare to use. They also get soaked when they go sledging!

Also take mutiple pairs of glves; they do get lost and wet. They eventually get back to you; but at that age and up to about 8 years old; we took 3 pairs for our kids.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy