Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Road trip/skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
A little bit of a long shot, I was due to go skiing in December with my partner but as we have broken up that has gone out the window. I would still like to go and have a giggle in December but not on my own, I am a beginer and may inrol in ski school. I had planned to drive to France originally, is there anyone in the same boat who would like to go and have some company? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi as4u,

If you don't mind travelling alone we still have some spaces in our chalets for 13-20th December week and we have other solo skiiers booked in for those dates - there is no single supplement that week for having your own room.

Beginner lessons are easy to sort and we can help you with loads of advice. Details are available via the link below.

Happy planning!
Heather
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow and Sunshine wrote:
Hi as4u,

If you don't mind travelling alone we still have some spaces in our chalets for 13-20th December week and we have other solo skiiers booked in for those dates - there is no single supplement that week for having your own room.

Beginner lessons are easy to sort and we can help you with loads of advice. Details are available via the link below.

Happy planning!
Heather

Hi Heather

Could you please tell me the prices? as this may be another option for me.

Kind regards

Alecia
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Alecia,

The price for that week (Sat 13-20th Dec) in Chalet Genepi is £299 per person, fully catered

You can see some more info about the chalet, what's included etc via the link below.

Happy planning!
Heather
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
as4u, if you plan to ski in December I strongly suggest you go to a high altitude resort, I have been to ice and fire genepi which was great but La Plagne is not snow sure. Just so you know and don't end up booking trip and there's not much snow, as you are a beginner you might not have thought of this.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
speachmaus, I have to disagree with you about La Plagne not being snow sure. Most of the skiing is above 2000m. If La Plagne has no snow then the whole of the Northern French Alps are in trouble. It's true that the number of runs open the week before Christmas can be a bit limited - but as the OP is a beginner this is not important.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I did a week last year in 2 Alps at the same time of year, and it was touch and go lots of runs where closed and the snow wasn't great in places with a fair amount of ice, so this is a concern to me, shame it snowed the day before I left!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
as4u, the start of the season was poor last year - and that applied to almost everywhere. I've not been to L2A but I've always understood that it's also a pretty snowsure resort as well. You would have been in trouble almost anywhere that week last year.

The week before Christmas is unpredictable weather wise. Often it's fine. It can be amazing, as it was in 2012. But you do run the risk that either there isn't very much snow about, or that the snow storms are in full swing and the lifts are shut because of high winds and/or the pistes are shut because they aren't yet avi controlled. That's why it's less popular and cheaper.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
as4u, have a look at the all-inclusive holidays in UCPA centres in France, sold in the UK through Action Outdoors - have a word with them about your requirements. You can get lessons, gear, lift pass and full board pretty cheaply. Food is good and there's a sociable atmosphere. Ideal for solo travellers.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for that, still looking for someone to go with idealy rather than turn up and hope for the best that I won't be a loner lol
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
as4u, you definitely wouldn't be a loner at a UCPA - it's a very social setup that attracts a lot of single travelers. Plus the inclusive instruction means that you will be allocated a group of the same level to ski with.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy