Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So you win 143 million-what ski things would you do?

Poster: A snowHead
It's 143 million euro millions jackpot next week. If you won the jackpot (a share would be enough) what snow related stuff would you do?

Me, I'd try the many euro resorts I've yet to sample and others around the world then buy property in the ones I liked the best.

Gets lots of 1:1 instruction and become good enough to enjoy ALL the heli skiing I could handle.......

Learn to fly and nip out to the 3V when ever I fancied it..... Maybe.

For that sort of money could you found your own Snowheads resort and be selective about your clientele? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Learn to fly and nip out to the 3V when ever I fancied it..... Maybe.

Sounds good, in this case might just be easier to pay someone to fly you there?

Quote:

For that sort of money could you found your own Snowheads resort and be selective about your clientele? Toofy Grin

Plenty of smaller struggling ski resorts you could waste your money on Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you want to land at Courchevel altiport you either need to have your own plane and have passed the extra conversion course your own plane and pilot who has passed or land by helicopter. You can't charter a flight to Courchevel on a plane.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd set up a Euromillions winner snow reports thread and wee wee you all off with my weekly reports Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ansta1 wrote:
........... Courchevel altiport............

I'd buy Courchevel Altiport just so those pesky Russian Oligarchs could not even afford the landing fees!

I'd also buy a few uber-luxe chalets in and around Lech, before the pesky Russian Oligarchs get a look in.

Then......... I'd hand make hyper-luxe one-off skis that only the pesky Russian Oligarchs could afford. They'd go by the name of "Piste'emoffskis".

That would be my first season on snow.................. can't wait for a second! snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bene, For that sort of money you could have bought Park City Mountain Resort Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Go on the Birthday Bash. But I'm doing that anyway.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimastaaah, Think you'd need a bit more than 143 million to worry the pesky Russian Oligarchs - they spend that on lunch Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd probably become a ski bum in St Anton without revealing my financial position. Most likely do community work during the summer. I would leave the money pretty much untounched but be happy that I could get on enjoying my life without having to worry about office working or pensions etc.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
DB, +1
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd take a day off
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
More or less what DB said though not in St Anton
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
buy a nice but non luxurious base somewhere centralish for most of the alps, follow the snow for a while trying as many resorts as possible, find a good instructor and have as many lessons with them as possible, go into a sports shop and buy everything I wanted without looking at price, employ a ski caddy for when I wanted to tour.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
well I could quite happily live off the interest:

1: buy some serious luxury property in several alpine resorts, but only ones with a summer industry aswell. so maybe Jackson Hole - Banff - Mayrhofen - Verbier etc
2: buy one of those memberships in a private jet charter group and use it to fly to where the snow is
3: fund myself through a ISIA qualification,
4: put together a yearly fund to give people who wouldnt normally get a snow trip a chance to try it......under privillaged kids / disabled folks etc
6: pay for a yearly snow bash for all my family and friends
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ansta1 wrote:
If you want to land at Courchevel altiport you either need to have your own plane and have passed the extra conversion course your own plane and pilot who has passed or land by helicopter. You can't charter a flight to Courchevel on a plane.

I had trouble believing it was true, but you are absolutely right and I bow to your superior knowledge.
ski holidays
enduroaid wrote:
well I could quite happily live off the interest:

1: buy some serious luxury property in several alpine resorts, but only ones with a summer industry aswell. so maybe Jackson Hole - Banff - Mayrhofen - Verbier etc
2: buy one of those memberships in a private jet charter group and use it to fly to where the snow is
3: fund myself through a ISIA qualification,
4: put together a yearly fund to give people who wouldnt normally get a snow trip a chance to try it......under privillaged kids / disabled folks etc
6: pay for a yearly snow bash for all my family and friends

Interestingly, the interest would only just cover your plans. I reckon you'd end up with about £1m per annum interest after tax assuming you hadn't used up any of the principal. The PJ alone would set you back about 200k p.a. for 40 flying hours.
ski holidays
Develop a powder habit
snow report
I'd pay for all of you to go on all the 2015 bashes, all-inclusive, all with nice new skis from the ski tests

Now, where's that Karma while I buy my lottery ticket Smile
latest report
I would pay 143 million euros, to avoid having go to 3V......gladly I don't need to worry about this Laughing
ski holidays
1/ Look into providing some proper funding for british alpine racing from the grass roots up. (freestyle could have some too snowHead )

2/ Buy Cairngorm on the proviso that I could install the lift infrastructure/snow making etc that I wanted to without being hamstrung by the green lobby. Even maybe extend the lift infrastructure into lurchers gully like they wanted to do years ago (it would be done sensitively, but there is currently too much red tape in the way to improve much lift-wise there imo). Re-instate proper ski lifts in coire na ciste.

3/ train like crazy for the speedtest.

4/ Have chalets in northern and southern hemisphere resorts so I could ski all round if I wanted and homes in good diving locations if I didn't.

5/ heli-skiing......lots!

That's for starters, sure I can think of more.

snowHead
snow report
143 rounds of indecent proposal
ski holidays
Couple of properties in both northern and southern hemisphere and a couple at good dive spots. At some of the resorts buy a few small businesses and employ locals to run them (but not interested in making loads of money but in providing jobs).
Make sure my kids are setup for life but also still understand the value of money.

But first and foremost leave this country as quick as I could.
ski holidays
... oh and I'd buy Boris another car battery so we didn't have to go through all that again.
snow report
Wasn't there a story earlier this year about the lease on the lift in La Grave being up for renewal soon? That'd be a public service, plus you'd own La Grave.
ski holidays
Live on this for a summer: http://www.luex.com/heli-boat-trip-patagonia.html
snow report
clarky999 wrote:

WOW!
snow report
^ ^ ^ quite

Patagonia is currently at the top of my list of long-distance holidays to take, as it happens. wink
ski holidays
I would get some one to help me pack gloves Toofy Grin rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clarky999 wrote:

Is the blonde included in the price?

The one that does coastal BC/Yukon/Alaska that was in an MSP movie looks fairly tidy too.
snow conditions
>>Is the blonde included in the price?
In my experience they are, but you'll know the joke about renting things if they float, fly or..
ski holidays
DB wrote:
... oh and I'd buy Boris another car battery so we didn't have to go through all that again.

ho ho wink

If the battery goes again, I'm changing the car
snow report
Pedantica wrote:
^ ^ ^ quite

Patagonia is currently at the top of my list of long-distance holidays to take, as it happens. wink

Yup! Sadly even with my work discount I think that one's gonna take a few years of saving!!
ski holidays
DB, Laughing

I don't think I'd buy any luxury properties - I'd just rent one, with the staff, when the fancy took me. And I certainly wouldn't buy any resorts. That all sounds like work.
snow conditions
Just think of the ski quiver...
latest report
I would ski all over the world,
snow conditions
mtsuit wrote:
Wasn't there a story earlier this year about the lease on the lift in La Grave being up for renewal soon? That'd be a public service, plus you'd own La Grave.

Think the lift is actually running out of time to run owing to its age and French ropeway H+S rules. They need someone to basically build them a new one. I'll add that to my list! Laughing

Think of the fun that could be had kicking the esf out of resort. Sorry it's my hill and you can't use the lift, haha.
snow report
Thread needs title changing to £150million that extra bit could make the difference between happy and very happy.
snow report
ansta1 wrote:
Thread needs title changing to £150million that extra bit could make the difference between happy and very happy.

The reverse is often the case as many people who win large amounts of money end up being less happy. (Friendships and relationships breakdown etc)
snow conditions
People hear the saying "money doesn't make you happy" and in my experience we all think we are the one exception to the rule and that it (money) would indeed be the panacea for fixing all our ills! From my experience of working with lots of people with lots & lots of money it really doesn't.

However, if the win was mine, as well as doing several world tours (to include ski and non-ski areas), I think I'd set up a foundation to introduce disadvantaged young people to the mountains and skiing.
snow conditions
I would split my year between skiing and diving.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy