Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginner snowboarder - Snozone Milton Keynes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself as im new to the forum but have been reading it for a while.

2 years ago I decided to make the switch from skiing and embarked on 3 days of snowboarding lessons. It taught me the basics of falling like a leaf and by the end of the last day you progressed to linking turns.

Since then despite wanting to I haven't done any more snowboarding.

Snozone in Milton Keynes do skiing and snowboarding at the weekends in the evenings for £35 and I really want to try it out. The thing is that they say you have to be able to use the ski lift, stop and link turns. Given that I only had 3 lessons 2 years ago I would say that im a bit rusty!

I don't want to have turned up and be kicked out because im not good enough.

So the question is - should I book it and turn up or have a few more lessons first?

Thanks! Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

I see people on the main slope all the time that i feel are a danger to themselves and others. How confident were you when you did your training? Personally I would say go and get a few lessons under your belt again just to make sure you are going to enjoy your free ride time when you go next time.

I know its all money but i think it will be worth it in the long run.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks! Yeah I think your right I guess if I'm doubting whether or not I'm any good then a few lessons won't hurt ( the only painful bit will be paying for them!)

Thanks - I don't want to be the idiot annoying everyone else
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do the lessons. Even if you're at a standard where you can use the main slope after 3 days of lessons, on the scale of 0 to 10, that makes you about a 2. Snowboarding (and pretty much everything) is much, much more fun when you're good at it, so even if you didn't need the lessons, they're going to be of great benefit!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy