Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A Warning If Booking French Trains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just done a dummy booking via this site, saying country of residence was France

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/

The price quoted was 296 euro = a conservative £230

Went to same site and said my country of residence was UK, this becomes the site

http://uk.voyages-sncf.com/en/

Same journey, same times, price quoted £265

Tickets are electronic so makes no difference. Might not be same every occasion but double check.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thefatcontroller, interesting. Try www.loco2.com and see if that helps.

Also, select a. French postcode and France as country. Your credit card should be accepted and you should get the French price.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They probably set the exchange rate once a year.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
thefatcontroller, interesting. Try www.loco2.com and see if that helps.

Also, select a. French postcode and France as country. Your credit card should be accepted and you should get the French price.

Gave another price mid way between the 2 prices I had. Advice would be to check more than one resource.

Difference likely to be commissions, same as if I book train here on the First Great Western website they are cheaper than on National Rail website.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
this site http://www.seat61.com/ski-by-train.htm also has some comparisons and other purchase options.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Always use the French SNCF website and pay in euros. Their price can't be beaten by anyone else.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@thefatcontroller, what on earth were you booking that cost £265?
Are you going with a whole football team?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonpim wrote:
@thefatcontroller, what on earth were you booking that cost £265?
Are you going with a whole football team?

2 of us overnight couchette out of Paris. In the end because you have to wait so long for the French to release their train prices, we booked flights. The flights were such a good price that we decided not to wait. For us the overall cost of flying and train is very similar, so no allegiance to either.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy