Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What are your favourite Escape Killy runs?

Poster: A snowHead
As the title says, looking to hear of any favorites / hidden gems and why (blue to black)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I thought this was an old thread resurrected. I'm pretty sure this is well covered (plenty to post on though)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought that too but search didnt return anything (feel free to correct me)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Grand Pre. The run under Toviere. Oh so many to think of... Head hurts.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Why is he after you?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I like Santons down into Val, like a natural half pipe - good fun. Germain Mattis is nice too, good to get amongst the trees in what is quite an exposed ski area.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dave of the Marmottes, ? not following you, but then I have had a drink Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So many great runs!

In Val:

Le Face is number one, and I also love Arcelle, Germain Mattis, OK & Orange (first thing), Rhone Alps and Combe du Geant.

In Tignes:

Sache is number one and I also love Double M, Grattalu, Bleuets, Descente and Leisse.

cjdrum wrote:
I like Santons down into Val

LOL. I think you're on your own there.

ps: Escape Killy??!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ps: Escape Killy??!![/quote]

Stupid computer auto-correcting!!

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Double M on the Tignes side is an absolute belter when its quiet. Sache is lovely, I'm also a big fan of Trolles but I've not been back to Tignes since they slowed down the fast run out of it into le Lac, and the fast schuss was one of the best bits.

On the VdI side I'm very much a fan of OK and have done that top to bottom a few times. Le Face has to be done. Also, not a run, but the up and over chairlift is a definite experience.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dav, got to agree. The over the top chairlift is something to experience at least once!

I enjoyed the runs down to Les Brevieres and the Solaise area in Val.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Combe du Geant on the Pissailles glacier is a favourite for fast carving away from the crowds. Face is brilliant first thing in the morning when it's been freshly bashed, skied top to bottom to warm the legs up (ouch!). Sache as others mention for its feeling of isolation and a cheeky little steepish red, Table d'Orientation over beyond Solaise which is usually empty and a fun ski.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anything on the Pissailles glacier, Arcelles, Sache and the whole zig-zag journey from Les Brevieres to Val Claret.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Piste perdue for fun ..
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dav wrote:
Double M on the Tignes side is an absolute belter when its quiet. Sache is lovely, I'm also a big fan of Trolles but I've not been back to Tignes since they slowed down the fast run out of it into le Lac, and the fast schuss was one of the best bits.

On the VdI side I'm very much a fan of OK and have done that top to bottom a few times. Le Face has to be done. Also, not a run, but the up and over chairlift is a definite experience.

Another Double M fan here
ski holidays
limegreen1, +1

THere's also a lovely descent down to Brevieres, but you have to skin up to get to it.
snow conditions
Another vote for Santons. It's fun if it's quiet. Also Glacier and Leisse on the Grande Motte, and the other Glacier on the VdI side (from the Glacier Express lift to the Datcha restaurant).
snow report
Piste Perdue.
snow report
Always liked Epault Chavert and Glacier on the Grande Motte. Never quite get Double M, like the length but always seem to do it in the shade. Also like Grattalu great for a hoon. Must try and get back there this year, it's 8 years since I last went.
ski holidays
Verte
snow report
Yes le piste perdue. Part ski run, part caving trip. Laughing
snow report
Full pelt down OK Very Happy
snow conditions
Another fan of OK / Orange, especially when you're on the first funicular up, and so have the place to yourself and can let rip.

I'm also enjoy Santons, as others have already mentioned, and Descente into Double M top to bottom with no stopping.

To be honest though any quiet piste is a good piste in my book.
ski holidays
Another vote for OK. The blue from the top of the Glacier Express left in Val is really good fun with some great views. Grattalu is a nice run for carving some turns in the morning. Double M is hard to beat if its quiet, which it frequently was during last year's PSB Very Happy
snow report
Santons? Are you mad? Piste L is what Santons should be.
snow report
"Cairn", I think its called... goes does the east face of Bellevarde. Not done it from the very top yet, but I might have to try that this year if conditions and travel plans allow. Nice views, and it certainly beats all the traffic scraping down the Face de Bellevarde...

Not a piste, but I see other people have already mentioned unofficial routes wink
snow conditions
Without a doubt............. Trolles!

Then for a bit of sport in the afternoon....... Epaule du Charvet, just to watch the numpties! snowHead
snow report
La Face. Scary but fun.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kieranm wrote:
To be honest though any quiet piste is a good piste in my book.

Exactly my view. It's all in the timing Very Happy
snow report
Sache is long and remote but gets polished quickly.
Leisse sees much less traffic and keeps good snow for longer.
Signal above Le Fornet for similar reasons. Nice off-piste over the back too.
ski holidays
skimastaaah, I'm still too scared to try Epaule. I think I'd end up being one of the aforementioned numpties!
latest report
Another vote for 'OK' when it's quiet.

After a lot of snow (and when it is open) 'Foret' down to the Fornet bubble can be an absolute treat- but have a look on the way up because it can be a complete mess too!
snow report
Epaule was my first ever black. The convex slope was a bit disconcerting but it was in excellent condition and really not that difficult.
snow report
Quote:

Epaule was my first ever black. The convex slope was a bit disconcerting but it was in excellent condition and really not that difficult.

So's any black run in excellent condition (i.e. freshly bashed or soft bumps)

I once decided to do Epaule, first thing, on my own, as a warm-up. I'd left my lift pass in the hotel so the group left me behind whilst I went back to retrieve it. In the ensuing grump, I thought i'd go off and do a bit on my own before catching them up (they're all slow, faffers anyway) They'd gone up Solaise so I thought I'd nip up Bellevarde and give Epaule a go before catching the others. Partly to test myself over the bumps away from critical eyes and ridicule of my chums and partly to confirm my own opinion of myself as a mogul-hero. At the top, it looked beautiful and pristine, glinting in the morning sun so off I went. After about 3 metres, I was confronted with a near-vertical wall of moguls resembling rock-hard boulders of ice each the size of a small hatchback which i proceeded to skid, slip, twist, fall my way down for about 10 minutes. After much cursing and sweating, I sheepishly cruised out of the bottom with nothing damaged except my pride, or so I thought... When I eventually caught up the others they didn't even give me the opportunity to lie about my solo exploits, so gleeful were they in revealing to me immediately that they'd watched the whole sorry episode from the red off Solaise on the other side of the valley!!

Epaule is definitely not one of my favourite runs! That red off Solaise mentioned above is a lovely run, +1 for double m and if you can find it and don't mind the walk at the bottom, Golf in Tignes is great little run too.
snow conditions
While I like Double M as much as the next man I will also put in a vote for Genepi, its wimpier blue half-sibling. On a sunny day in March 2008 I suddenly realised what this skiing malarky was all about when I descended from the Motte in splendid isolation and without falling over. Never looked back since.
ski holidays
Bogusman,

The Genepi is a glorious run, I agree - the uphill bit just after the Isolee junction is a killer though (particularly for a boarder like myself) unless you carry enough momentum after the steep pitch preceding it.

My favourite EK run though is Arcelle - varied, long and with good snow at most times of the day.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy