Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Binding settings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'd be grateful if anyone can point me in the direction of a DIN setting chart as I'd like to check the settings on our newly acquired skis (see my 'Volkl Opinion' post).

My 168cm Volkl Supersport 5* skis/M12 bindings were bought mail order & the supplier asked for my height, weight, ability & boot length as they didn't have my boot to set the length.

On delivery my boots are a snug/precise fit in the bindings, possibly a little too snug. How do I check this?

I'm 175cm tall, 89kg in weight & at Snow & Rocks ability level 6, & ski reasonably aggressively with a liking for a bit of high speed carving. My supplier set the DIN to 7, which incidently was the setting the hire shop in Courchevel set my hired Crossmax 8's a couple of weeks ago. I didn't get any pre-releases on this setting yet they released ok when I stacked it - so I guess this setting was right but I'd like to check it for my own piece of mind & general skiing knowledge.

Debs skis are coming from our local Nevisports shop & they currently have her boot to set the length. They also asked the same other questions but asked to select her ability category from a list of four (?).

Any advice would be welcome - the most obvious one being to get my bindings checked by a technician, but I'd still like to be able to increase my own personal knowledge on the subject.

Jon
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are quite a few charts on the web, just type 'din setting chart' into google, or similar. Here's one.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, please don't adjust your bindings, for your own safety.
Yes, it is good that you want to increase your knowledge, and understanding, but adjusting the DIN won't particularly make the boot fit less snug, yet at the same time could be dangerous for you.
If you are concerned, I'd suggest taking them down to Nevisports when you're picking up Debs skis, and get them to take a look. I haven't worked on Marker bindings for a couple of years, but to give you an idea of adjustments, on the toe piece of a Salomon binding, you normally have height and wing width adjustments along with the release screw, and on the rear, a release screw and a length adjuster.
Certainly, it's not rocket science to set up bindings, but it's something that really should be done by learning from a pro as they work with yours.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MartinH
Thanks for that, now sorted.

WTFH
Thanks for the advice. Dave at Nevisport Nottingham phoned today to say Deb's skis are in. He's offered not to fit & adjust Deb's bindings until I get there so that I can have a lesson on all things 'binding'. He also told me to take my gear & he'll check it, & adjust if necessary, foc. How's that for service.

Jon
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds good - perhaps I should bring my kit down with me when I visit my parents in Lincolnshire at the end of the month? Haven't been over to Nottingham for a while, so gives me an excuse!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agree with WTFH - by the way the chart published at that address is now out of date. It will give you a steer but don't rely on it as being gospel.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy