Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Binding rails but no bindings

Poster: A snowHead
I've just bought a pair of Elan skis for my OH and they have rails for the bindings fitted but no bindings, is that normal? I've looked but can't seem to find any available separately which would slide onto the rails.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Post a pic of the ski rail clearly visible and I am sure some of our resident techs will be able to help you out. I know Tyrolia (HEAD) make some bindings for Elan so if the guys can see the set up on oyur skis, they can recommend something I'm sure.

Good luck
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No it isn't very normal. You may be able to get spare parts from Elan (assuming that the rails are for their in-house binding products).

How old are the skis?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What model of ski would help too.

The UK distributor for Elan is North Kent Ski: http://elanskisales.co.uk/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They don't call 'em hostage plates for nothin'.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
They are brand new still in Cellophane, Elan Spice skis with Elan quick trick binding rails. Bought them online from Sports Direct so no-one I can call to discuss whether they should be there or not. I've only ever bought skis either with bindings attached or with no bindings at all & specc'd separately so wasn't sure if this was somewhere in between or if there was a standard rail size.

I seem to be jinxed when it comes to bindings on new skis Sad

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 14-10-14 13:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Complain. Return for a refund if no joy. Unless it was clear fron the site that it was skis only. But in that case you would think that they would have the bindings for sale.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They really do seem to be selling them without bindings, both on their website and on ebay, with no mention of the bindings at all, either that you might need some Toofy Grin or where to get them.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I saw that it didn't specifically mention bindings but saw the pictures with the rails on and made an assumption. Never mind, they're on their way back.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm really, really surprised you can't get the bindings separately (having done a bit of binding switch and mix on railed Volkls last season).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I expect you can buy them from a proper ski shop that stocks Elan. But that might not be so cheap and is obviously an inconvenience. The point is that Sports Direct seem to be basically selling off old remaindered skis cheap, whilst forgetting to mention that they don't supply the necessary bindings. That's poor form and not surprisingly leads to unhappy customers and returns.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's feels a little dishonest of them not to mention it. Surely these skis would've left Elan with bindings if they'd had rails fitted so where did they go? It's not like they've only got one pair either so there must be a pile of bindings somewhere which are useless without the rails to mount them on Puzzled

If they were a standard thing available off the shelf then fair enough but after trawling Google it appears not. The Elan website doesn't even mention suitable bindings separately.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Presumably sports direct selling elan skis is a legacy of them buying out colorado / ski warehouse or whatever they were called ? I bought a couple of pairs of Elan skis off them, cheap Very Happy , and at least they managed to give you bindings with them ! Nothing wrong with the skis either so it is a shame you cannot easily get bindings for them.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't think it's at all dishonest of them. At the time, (I am bored in an airport lounge, so have time to winkle through the inter pipes) it would have been easy to acquire the correct bindings.

"Sold as seen" is the phrase I believe.

Just take the plates off and use any old binding.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
897sma, I think this is what you need, fusion is elans rail binding system

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elan-fusion-ski-bindings-/291267847947?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item43d0eaa70b
ski holidays
carroz, fusion is one of Elan's several binding systems as far as I can see without peering too much
ski holidays
carroz, I don't think it is what he needs, the fusion bindings fit on to elan skis that have an adjuster thing under a flap in the ski that pushes the front and rear bindings apart simultaneously to suit the boot length. The Pure Magic ones on the SD website seem to have this system, no bindings though, but the Spice ones seem to have what looks more like the "conventional" pressed metal type thing.
ski holidays
ah...ok worth a try
snow conditions
Yes buyer beware of anything from sports direct wink

The write up IMO is designed to try and catch out anyone who reads the advert quickly or does not know much about skiing( see bold highlights).

Elan Spice Ladies Skis

The Elan Spice Ladies Skis benefits from the Early Rise Rocker profile which enhances performance to provide an easier turn execution, along with the WaveFlex for easy skiing and the Full Power Cap for lighter construction which is easier to turn and more forgiving. These Ladies Skis are complete with Elan branding, and Spice styling to the whole ski for a a great look out on the slope.

> Skis
> Early Rise Rocker
> WaveFlex
> Full Power Cap
> Elan branding,
> Length: 146cm
> Weight: 1.3Kg (each)

For our full range of Skis visit SportsDirect

Product code: 922082
snow report
To be fair to Sports Direct they offered to collect FOC as soon as I raised the problem with them. I didn't misread the first sentence in bold when I read the ad but assumed it was a typo as I could clearly see the rails in the picture. Who mentions branding in a description?
snow report
SD seem to have taken all skis off their site at present moment, you can only buy poles.

Edited to take out T H E word.
snow report
I could do with a set of Fusion bindings if anyone has any lying around or knows where I can get some?
snow report
hello, to all hope somebody still reads this.
i have a pair of elan exar vidia with power rail that used to fit the elan el 10 bindings. friend just tell me that elan tyrolia and head bindings use the same power rail sistem. can you see that in the instructions manual? it's in the box. i apreciate that. thanks you. can you upload the down part photos of the binding too?
many thanks
ski holidays
@vitormota, I am looking at the picture, I use PowerRails on my skis and I can tell you that yes that is definitely a power rail, as manufactured by Head/Tyrolia.

I'm not sure what your question is. But you will be able to buy some Powerrail toes and heels and mount them straight to your skis.
snow report
Quote:

I'm not sure what your question is. But you will be able to buy some Powerrail toes and heels and mount them straight to your skis.

many thanks @dp!! that's exactly my question Laughing Laughing Laughing
I was not sure of it and want to buy some toe and heel on ebay but don't want to mix things up. i'm a litle newbie in buying snow and ski hardware. A friend just give the skis he never used (it was a gift for himm too) but he lost the toe and heel so... he don't want the trouble of finding proper toe and heel so i get a pair of skis for free but got to get the proper bindings wink
Don't want to bother you any longuer but i'm looking for this two can you give your advice? I promise i don't ask anything else Toofy Grin
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202131125797?ul_noapp=true
https://www.facebook.com/groups/122409524577830/permalink/905342532951188/?sale_post_id=905342532951188&ref=messenger_share
snow report
I can't see the Facebook link. the eBay link will not cut it as they are "LR" bindings. You need "PR" or "PR X" bindings.

Like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Head-Tyrolia-snow-ski-bindings-PRX-12S-black-red-FITS-PowerRail-track-NEW/362176661581?hash=item545369484d:g:BSAAAOSwv-ZaJKan

I won't lie, when getting spares for mine it was not simple. Head/Tyrolia are absolutely useless and I had to source the parts from overseas.
latest report
the facebook link is for head mojo 12 bindings toe and heel. but these may not fit too Sad
thanks
latest report
some what pricey, i was hoping to spent 50€, the price for the facebook mojo 12.
problably i will retrofit it. simpler, easier and less expensive.
i was just trying not to drill the skis
many thanks, your help has been fantastic
vitor

ps- i'm in Portugal, Europe
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
just one last (again Happy ) question.
do you know the code for the bindings to other brands with the power rail?
like head is pr or prx?
tyrolia?
elan?
just one last try before retrofit...
snow report
Yeah it varies hugely, the Powerrail bindings include some low end and very cheap models and also some high end stuff.

This is on ebay but still ovver your budget, from Spain http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Head-Pr-11-85mm-78-mm-Matt-Black-Blue-Orange-Alpine-bindings/372097672306?hash=item56a2bfe472:g:dhMAAOSwiIxZ9D~J
ski holidays
Hello again just found that Fischer bindings are made by Tyrolia.
So found this
https://mesg.ebay.com/mesgweb/ViewMessages/0/m2m?filter=3&src=replied

i'm not sure if the power rail it's the same but...
any ideias?
regards
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy