Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family trip to France for New Year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone interested in joining us in Val Cenis for the New Year week? It's a good deal for families with a great set up for kids. Suitable for single parents with kids too, no supplements.

We've been going to the same place for 7 years running, and haven't found anywhere better for kids. It's cheap and cheerful, good food and wine, from €480 full board including ski pass, travel extra. Child reductions depending on age.

Lots of the regulars aren't going this year, so I'm looking for some advanced ski buddies if possible, but all welcome.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, we could be interested, could you let me know the dates?

Thanks

Russ
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Russ,
The standard week is Sunday to Saturday, Dec 28 - Jan 3, although there's usually the option to arrive the day before or stay an extra night. We're flying to Geneva, but Turin, Lyon, Chambery or Grenoble all work well. Even Paris is only 4 hours away by TGV. We used to fly to Paris, get the overnight train down and arrive in time for breakfast and a full days skiing, but it seems the overnight is no longer running Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whats the detail on the trip..travel company name?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have you managed to find reasonable flights from the UK for that period? We're always on the hunt for good deals...especially where there's mention of kids and 1 parent groups. Anywhere where there's other kids is great for us!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's totally independent, just book same accommodation and meet up there is the usual arrangement. We're flying to Geneva, and usually get a decent enough deal with Swiss or Lufthansa flying from Dublin.

It actually started as a single parent group holiday, although it expanded since to include lots of families of all sorts! Not sure how this year is going to work out though, as none of the usual crowd have booked and at this stage it's getting pretty close. So it could even turn out to be just me and my son this year, which we're ok with, but we'd obviously prefer some company apart from the French locals
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi I Would be interested to learn more about this trip, maybe too late to budget for this year but certainly for next year, I would be travelling from Belfast or if a better deal from Dublin, can you tell me the
accommodation details, I would be good interm/ advanced skier, ski all but off piste, but my son would be a complete beginner
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sure, the accommodation is here:
http://www.cis-valcenis.com/?l=en
They do still have availability for New Year.

I usually fly with Swiss from Dublin to Geneva, I find it generally works out the same or better than the others when you consider bags etc. But Easyjet do Geneva from Belfast, so that might work out better.

What age is your son? Mine is going on 7. Val Cenis is a fantastic place to learn, as it's got this huge long green piste that goes from the top of the mountain right down to the village, and most people can manage it easily after a day or two.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi thanks for the info, had a look at flight prices but they look too expensive for this year, had a look at the web site for the accommodation and it looks ideal for kids to learn, my son is 13 but a young 13, would seriously consider this for next year, how do you organise transfer from airport to val cenis, ? the flights with swiss air have a stop over in Zurich,
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's a shame, but definitely look at it for next year. I usually book the flights in summer and have got them for anything between €100 and €200 each return. When you consider that includes luggage, free ski carriage and inflight catering (Swiss chocolate - yum!) it's cheaper than the "cheap" alternatives. The other option is Paris, there's often fairly cheap flights even quite late, and it's only a 4 hour train ride down.

On the way over I usually get a day flight, land in Geneva about 7 pm, hire a car and either drive straight to Val Cenis or drive most of the way and stay in a cheap motorway hotel and drive up in ski gear in the morning ready for first lift. This year I'm taking the train though. The nearest station is Modane and there is a bus up the mountain from directly outside the station.

On the way back I tend to ski all day on the last day, then leave around 4 ish and get back to Geneva for a flight around 8 pm and make the stopover in Zurich airport. Check this out for a huge treat for the kids (and the big kids):
http://www.zurich-airport.com/passengers-and-visitors/airport-services-en/layover-and-lounges/transit-hotel-bedrooms
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi thanks, those flight prices would make it a lot closer to budget, maybe we can co-ordinate travel plans next year, I know its a long way off now, but it soon comes around, I hope you get some company for this year and have a great holiday, my email is annahie@yahoo.com if you want to let me know about next years plans, great to find out about this place, which this forum is great for
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
that is a nice offer....

I would jump on it, but have committed to be with family that week in Norway.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy