Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tombola La Bombola 2014

Poster: A snowHead
And socks why don't they count?

I don't care really as it's free to enter, but regardless of number of posts it nice if you"know" the winners. If you go to the races if someone on your table wins it's better than someone on the next , even if you met that day.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

and they post more than Pam/Hellsbells combined.

Shocked Shocked Must up my game. wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Who is JC99?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx wrote:
Who is JC99?

Exactly!!!

They won the top prize.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hells Bells, 47720 posts , that's going some, guess you don't have a sock.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I always said at the time, there should be a minimum post count to win the top 5 prizes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Ricklovesthepowder, The great prize giving was before my time on snowheads, but the idea of having a minimum post count is a difficult one to manage. Some users spam the most inane comments on every single topic, every single day while others wait for the conversations to return to snow.
If it were on post count alone, the winner would have to have an opinion on Brexit!! Toofy Grin

(I'd like to see the post count stats change if "off piste/apres" posts were removed)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If there was not an apres section there would be no snowheads. The apres keeps the forum alive between seasons.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As a holiday skier other than specific resort recommendations I have nothing to offer the pro skier, I am guessing a few snowheads fall into that catagory, we can't all be skinning up mountains looking for virgin powder, or knowing if we need to adjust DIN settings for different resorts.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
1283 people have more than 200 posts, and less than 2000 have 100 posts.

35,000 have 2 or less.

That's a big chunk.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I believe that quite a few regular Bash attendees, who are by definition active sHeads, don't post much either.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Hurtle, agreed.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The ethos of snowHeads has always been one of inclusivity.
The ethos of the Tombola La Bombola was meant to be one of generosity.
Most people got that message - one or two seem resolutely oblivious to it rolling eyes

The last Tombola La Bombola, to celebrate snowHeads 10th year, gave away over £8000 worth of stuff. £8000 of real, good stuff!
It was not easy and took a huge amount of time and effort to blag and organise that much stuff to give away.
It also took a lot of time and effort to run the giveaway as a Tombola, allowing people to pick prizes that they actually wanted and could benefit from (someone about to do a season is unlikely to need a ski holiday, while Dave of the Marmottes is unlikely to need yet another pair of skis especially when the only thing he really wants is a TrollDoll to sit atop his computer).

There are so many ways in which people engage with and contribute to the snowHeads community and while it clearly relies on people posting, that is no measure, in itself, of an individual's ongoing or potential value to the community. So talk of qualifying, well, anything, by it, is just preposterous.So let us have no more of it! Toofy Grin

@holidayloverxx, as you can easily see, jc99 has been a snowHead since 2009 and is currently a mega-snowHead.
He also wrote a very nice trip-report of his family's visit to see Flangesax at Haus Susanne in Radstadt.
His last visit to snowHeads was Sunday at 22:19, poignantly a mere one minute more recently than you. (Not that there's any significance in it of course.)

@Ricklovesthepowder, sorry if snowHeads isn't exclusive or elitist enough for you. Perhaps you could see how you get on with the SCGB?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@admin, well said...but dont have a go at me. It was a genuine question...i just did not recall seeing his user name before.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Who's having a go @holidayloverxx? You asked the question.
latest report
@admin, it felt like you were having a go lumping me in with RLTP and DotM and the rather sarcadtic tone of your response to my question. But thank you for answering it. I could have "easily" checked myself if i had thought about it.
latest report
admin wrote:

@holidayloverxx, as you can easily see, jc99 has been a snowHead since 2009 and is currently a mega-snowHead.

His last visit to snowHeads was Sunday at 22:19, poignantly a mere one minute more recently than you. (Not that there's any significance in it of course.)

Without wishing to join the argument about qualifying for the Tombola, I'm intrigued by Admin's link to @jc99's posts.
The latest post I see is Jan 13th 2016
snow report
@Red Leon, @Red Leon, while the last post may have been Jan 13th, you don't have to post to log in and read the forum.
snow conditions
@Red Leon, last visit not last post
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Red Leon, last visit not last post

Ah, yes - sorry. I wrongly linked together Admin's "you can easily see..." and "his last visit...".
Must try harder or, perhaps, keep my nose out rolling eyes
snow report

The official awards ceremony
Lovely group!!
ski holidays

Maybe he's too young to type?
ski holidays
flangesax wrote:

Hope megamum does not see how old the winner was, didn't she flounceo over her children not being allowed to enter.

I enjoyed the tombola ( not toyboy my phone is trying to type) and well done to all involved.
ski holidays
Despite what Admin says, I think it should be filtered.

Only allow entries for people who:-

-have over 10k posts

-have been on at least one bash

-live in the North

-have an alliterated user name

-ride bikes

-are married to my wife

Perfectly fair.
snow conditions
@Mosha Marc, Got any pics before I try and qualify?

Pics of the north that is.
snow conditions
@tiffin, she's the one with a cock on her face snowHead

Open to sensible offers wink
snow report
...and after posting that picture on the open internet, I suspect you may not qualify for winning much longer.
snow conditions
@Richard_Sideways, quite!
Even if he is still married, he wont be able to sit on his bike for a while!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We were watching the Tour de France when it came through here. The kids were all getting their faces painted up and my best mate offered to draw a cyclist on her face.

Sadly, she agreed!!
snow report
oops too early for this year I guess wink
latest report
Never too early to bump
ski holidays
Nah the rules of grinching are that moans about Xmas related events commence after 5 November. Before that it's whining about frikkin Halloween being a bollux Merikin fabrication and the bloody kids and their fireworks.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy