Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic SX10's

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, help please. Am away at moment, and looking for new skis. I have skiied through 2 pairs of Crossmax 10's over last 3 seasons, and time for a change. HAve been demoing various, and think i really like the SX 10's. Has anyone skiied them, or know much about where they position themselves (technically, that is!). Many thanks. Robbie @ whistler for now
snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Apparently, a rumour I heard from an Atomic sponsored skier, they are exactly the same shape as SX9s, but have these funky titanium tubes that you can see moving up and down them when the ski flexes - apparently this will make them more stable at speed, though I have to say I've not really noticed a stability problem with my SX9s!! snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Robbie, Don't know about SX10's but my SX9's are absolutely fab!! Hubbie has Head Icon XCRi (similar sort of thing) and he thinks they're fantastic - American brand so I was thinking maybe they'd be a good value buy in Canada?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
try the SX10's and then try the SX9's .... if the 10's seem better to you then buy them -coz that would mean they are totally awesome. I'm with the other two here - SX9s rock and kick the living CRA P out of Crossmax 10s!!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys, will let you know how i go. Am demoing some more tomorrow. All good snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Robbie, I've been on the SX:11 and SX:9, so don't know about the SX:10. I really liked the SX:11 better than the 9, primarily because they didn't seem to have an upper speed limit. If you demo them, be sure to ski them all day, since the rumor is that they take a lot of energy to ski for an entire day...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK, many thanks for all the tips. Stayed on them all day long, and did some bump stuff too. All good. Big happy smile stuck on my face will need surgically removing Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Robbie, Crossmax 10s are a big steaming pile of poo. (and smelly poo at that)
OK, given your love and commitment to Salomon, you may find that hard to take.
If you must be brand loyal, try the XtraHot, which I hear has been getting a few good reviews.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wear The Fox Hat, That is a little harsh, but i forgive you ! The XtraHot didnt do it for me at all, but there is a new Equipe ski in their range for next year that looks excellent - cant remember proper name).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Robbie, yeah, I was looking at their new ones on Saturday, but to be honest, nothing stood out enough to make me want to order any.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wear The Fox Hat, Yes, that is pretty much how i felt, hence i went off at a tangent and demo'ed some others. All good though, and am fairly in love the SX10'S. I guess that means my cross maxs get relegated to the dry hill! snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Robbie, Crossmax 10s are a big steaming pile of poo. (and smelly poo at that)

WTFH, did you try these out in Austria? Before you went, I got the impression that you'd heard from some people you knew that they were OK - just the 9's that were shoite. As I mentioned elsewhere, I tried them out and thought they weren't too bad, although poss a bit "light" for me.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mark Hunter, sorry, you're right, it's the 9s that are not fit for human consumption.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mark Hunter, Wear The Fox Hat, Guys, Cross Max 9's?? What are these. I have always liked my 10's, hence 2 pairs in 3 seasons, but i tried the CrossMax 8's and they were way too soft for me, and not really up to it, but maybe a good intermeidate ski. So Mark, when you say the 9's are not fit for human consumption do you mean CrossMax or SX?? Sorry... Embarassed Since am v.intereseted in the SX 10, want to know.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Robbie, I've not skied the Crossmax 9, but here's the Salomon site with the info on. After WTFH's scathing report of the 9's, I don't think I'll bother, either. Did like the 10's though. My bro in law has just tried out the SX 10 and rated them hugely. Just wish I could afford the time for one more week to give them a go - guess they'll have to wait until next season....
latest report
Robbie, yeah, I mean the CrossMax 9. I'd sooner go to the darkside than ride a pair of them again. snowHead
snow conditions
Thanks Mark Hunter, that was interesting. I have never seen the CM 9 out and about. Thanks for the comment on the SX 10's, good to know. I dont often get to be ahead of teh pack, and am enjoying it! Gotta go, due up the hill in 30 mins Very Happy
ski holidays
Robbie, good ski=ing snowHead

Sunny and 15C in Reading, BTW - was over there earlier. Think I know where I'd rather be......
latest report
Thanks guys. Have managed to make a commitment, and am now the proud owner of a pair of SX 10's. Yippee. Hopefully it will be a long and meaningful relationship snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy