Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2014-15

Poster: A snowHead
@Touchguru, we had 3 days with Antoine and 2 with Anders. It's my 9th winter skiing with them and they really do deliver the goods.

Looks.ile we got a few cm overnight. High hopes for something more substantial Thursday/Friday.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just got back myself, surprisingly good snow to be found with minimal hiking.

@Steve Sparks, is that "Tip Top" Antoine?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just arrived back in the car from Verbier to Veysonnaz, snowing the whole way and on the motorway, looks like its going to get even heavier and lots predicted this week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Excellent news, @Swissie, I've been monitoring the forecasts/webcams in my usual saddo way and was disheartened to see sunshine and blue skies first thing when light snow had been forecast. Much more cheerful viewing after lunch with snow falling at village level in Nendaz.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@LOTA, Lets hope they have enough snow to open Prarion for the first time this season, Nendaz is still effectively cut off from the 4 Vallees.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
In La Tzoumaz this week: Snow fell all day today (Monday), quite heavy this afternoon. Temperatures are premanently sub-zero. Piste conditions are OK with a few icy patches and the odd very thin patch but nothing bad. We saw skiers going down from Plan du Fou to Prarion but don't know if PdF is running. MeteoSwiss predicy heavy falls on Thursday (but the forecast has changed daily in the last few days).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
According to the website, the Plan du Fou cable car was running yesterday, but the drag below it and the chair back up to Tracouet were still closed. The PdF cable car was reported closed today. Fingers crossed for more snow.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's snowed all night, not terribly heavy but enough to freshen things up nicely.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Steve Sparks, Excellent, the webcams look a bit more wintry this morning!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Swissie, Have they really not opened Prarion yet this winter? Wow - end of Jan and Nendaz still cut off! Basically that's the problem with Nendaz! Puzzled
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@1556garyt, Yep, still closed today. I lived there for a season and having to drive to Siviez a lot of the time did my head in. Such a shame as i think Nendaz is a lovely place, great shops, (one of the best butchers n the Vallees) bars and restaurants,
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
whats the fri, sat & sun looking like as will be over for 3 days.....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ajc2260626, At the moment they're saying snow for each of those days, some heavy, but it does change a lot, whatever happens you'll have plenty. Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
great, so worth taking my all mountain skis rather than the carvers.... where would you recommend for us to ski.... am thinking the itineraries will be ok? are they patrolled?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tues La Tzoumaz: Overnight snow freshened things nicely, although it fell after piste-bashing, so runs were powdery. Main problem today ('round Savoleyres anyway) was fog down to about 1800m, which was tedious - first part of most runs was just being careful, then could relax as you emerged from the mist. Clear now, -5°C at 1500m.

As mentioned, the forecast for tomorrow is clear and cold (we'll go over to Lac de Vaux/La Chaux etc.). Thurs local forecast is for very heavy snow. Then some snow the next couple of days (but the 3+ day forcaset keeps changing).

I'll update if I can ....
ski holidays
@msej449, yesterday's mist didn't make it into the Chassoure/gentianes valleys. There were some lovely lines to be had there. Although another 5cm would have been welcome to hide more rocks.

Today looks like being the best day of the week. It's dawned clear and cold. Good reports from Mt Gele yesterday. Think it may be my mountain of choice today.
snow conditions
Wed La Tzoumaz & Verbier: As Steve predicted, a lovely day across the whole area and benefited from a light dusting last night. Cloud base dropped mid-afternoon but then cleared. We had a good day's skiing. Currently (21:30) sub-zero on the balcony. MeteoSwiss predicts 20-40cm snow 23:00-05:00 tonight, down to 800m.

Slightly bizzare at Tortin this morning - No chairlift running between Siviez and Tortin and obviously not a temporary fault: no mention on the Verbier website. So Nendaz completely cut off from Verbier today.
snow conditions
It's snowing heavily at 800m and has been since at least 0400. Due to carry on today and tomorrow. Time to head for the trees!
snow report
Am travelling out today, what areas are good for trees?
snow conditions
Looking out across the mountains seeing the great storm coming in. It's going to be epic this weekend and next week...

Please can those out their share some photos of the action! I'm holed up recovering from an ACL reconstruction so can only enjoy it vicariously.

For trees head for Bruson or La Tzoumaz. Vallon d'Arby also great if it's open
snow conditions
Oh Bob sorry to hear that. I wondered where you had got to.

I'm useless at getting photos up on Snowheads, it's quite complicated, an upgrade to Internet 2015 seems needed.

No itineraries open today and very windy up top. About 15cm on the pistes, there will be pretty deep pockets of wind blown. Ava risk 3, may go up tomorrow. Vis pretty poor.
snow conditions
@BobinCH, missing your wonderful photos. Get well soon!
ski holidays
Quote:

+1
ski holidays
La Tzoumaz, Thursday:

5 off-pite skiers caught in an avalanche in the Vallon D'Arbi this afternoon at warning level 4/5. Four managed to extracate themselves but the fifth needed the rescue services. We saw the Air Glaciers helicopter fly up there and back. No news about injuries.

Windy up top of Savoleyres but visibility has been OK, with light/windblown snow fallling all day. Pistes fairly churned but powdery. Not a lot of people out. Temp was -6°C at top

MeteoSwiss forecast was spot-on for here, and is forecasting more heavy snow 22:00-02:00 and lighter up to 06:00, temp around -4°C.
ski holidays
Le Nouvelliste reports that the Vallon D'Arbi route was closed off with explicit warning signs ignored by the freeriders who weren't carrying any detector equipment. They decided to go back to Verbier but a section of the couloir they were on collapsed, about 50m wide by 100m long. As you might expect, having had to mobilise heli-rescue, dogs and recovery team, in what weren't great conditions, the police are saying that people need ot be aware that there's a high avalanche risk off-piste at the moment.
snow report
Just landed in verbier, what's the best pub to go to ?
ski holidays
msej449 wrote:
Le Nouvelliste reports that the Vallon D'Arbi route was closed off with explicit warning signs ignored by the freeriders who weren't carrying any detector equipment. They decided to go back to Verbier but a section of the couloir they were on collapsed, about 50m wide by 100m long. As you might expect, having had to mobilise heli-rescue, dogs and recovery team, in what weren't great conditions, the police are saying that people need ot be aware that there's a high avalanche risk off-piste at the moment.

I heard there was sadly one fatality. A teenage girl:(

A high degree of caution will be needed this weekend.
snow report
ajc2260626 wrote:
Just landed in verbier, what's the best pub to go to ?

Lots of choice really, try them all but don't miss.

Good live bands in Farinet early doors,morphing into sophisticated lounge / club vibe after 11.00

Friendly banter and great food in Fer a. cheval (sp)

Be careful especially off piste. As a first time visitor to Verbier it's a huge area to play in but you need to respect the mountain especially after a big dump and in poor viz.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 30-01-15 20:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pedantica wrote:

I was only thinking the other day 'wheres bobin ch this season' with all those fantastic pics that make us mere mortals feel so inadequate Toofy Grin

Sad to hear about the ACL Sad Sad Sad Sad
snow report
@BobinCH, Sorry to hear that, miss your pics, hope the rehab is going well
snow report
@ajc2260626, Pub Mont Fort is fun, always a lot of seasonaires there. And as @hedley, wrote take care out there, so much snow has fallen overnight and they are busy blasting here.
snow conditions
@ajc2260626, trees - Bruson. Pub - Offshore has the best staff
ski holidays
Quote:

Offshore has the best staff

and sandwiches
latest report
La Tzoumaz, Sat. 31.1.15 - A beautiful clear day with all the pistes well-groomed. Great day's skiing in Verbier and LtZ. Snow base seemed fine. Cloud base dropped around 15:30 with a bit of snow, but visibility OK. The first runs of the morning were excellent.

The 6-man chair from Ruinettes to Lac de Vaux didn't start running 'till mid-morning and the slow chair at La Chaux was running but not opened till about 10:30 for some reason. And the Jumbo to Col de Gentianes didn't seem to be running either, at least while were were around in the morning.

Yet another two off-piste skiers heli-rescued after an avalanche this morning, at one of the cols between Lac de Vaux and Verbier. Avalanche Level is now 4.
ski holidays
Yesterday was probably the best day of the season so far. Stunning snow everywhere, no need for heroics/ foolhardiness in dangerous places as you could ski knee deep untracked powder everywhere. They did well to open up the itinerararies by mid morning and it wasn't nearly as busy as I expected. I think that might be because unlike earlier storms it was good everywhere in western Switzerland so locals had more choice.

Tortin was sensational, fontenays fabulous and it was great to see everybody in Pub Mont Fort with ear to ear grins!

Today looks more murky with some light snow due. Avalanchesrisk has dropped to 3, which is still considerable.
ski holidays
Yesterday made delayed flight and driving through a snowstorm to arrive at 130am worthwhile
Sunshine and powder every where but fortunate to be on first car up to col de gentianes and then mont fort where not a mogul in sight just a knee deep sea of untracked white
On Tortin still a few rocks lurking but great fun everywhere and v quiet especially on Thyon side
They had blasted a lot near Mont Fort and Tortin with some big debris fields
Over in Les Collons saw groups going off the side of Etherolla in known avalanche territory - made me scared watching in an area where the slides are big
Overall a fabulous day Smile
ski holidays
@BobinCH, hope you recover swiftly.
ski holidays
Definitely best day of the season yesterday - we were still laying fresh tracks at 3pm. Hopefully the snow that started falling at 3pm has filled our tracks as heading out for repeat Smile visibility doesn't look great but who cares when the snow is so awesome.
snow report
Today's snowfall is much more significant than the 3-5cm forecast. Must be 15-20 already. Very windy at altitude. There's a 2 metre wind lip on the path into the face at Mont Fort.

No doubt why it's so quiet today! I am one of 8 people sat in cabane mont fort.
snow conditions
@Steve Sparks, excellent new for those of us who will be in the 4 Vallees later this month! Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy