Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2014-15

Poster: A snowHead
@AJD, Daughter said the snow quality was good up there today, pleasantly surprised.....not sure what the area will be like tomorrow when there will be a lot more people skiing it. Have looked out my window just now and can tell who has the rental skis, you're right, stick to you old ones.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
20cm is not a "great dump"welcome though it would be!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anyhoo, what's likely to be open in 4Vs tomorrow?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Much better than expected, quite quiet in the morning, best snow including some off piste patches and some nice bumps, lac de Vaux.

latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Big inversion last night when I drove in Sion -1C but bybthe time I got to Les Collons +6C - no snow cannons for us then Sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lots open and you could ski down to within 100m of Medran if you ignored the closed signs at the bottom of the Mayenzet.

Not at all crowded this afternoon but the snow coverage is very thin in spots.

It is polished though, most people would call it icy, but I've had the misfortune to have to deal with actual ice in the past and there is some way to go between hard, very had and polished and then actual ice.

A few runs this afternoon did for my fine tuned edges, they really were knackered and I have been redoing them this evening.
Daily tuning will be required.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lovely snow on Mont Forrt and pleasingly quiet yesterday. Looks like a couple of mm fell yesterday evening but we've all got everything crossed for what's due tomorrow. Spoke to Jean-Lou who owns Namaste yesterday and he's fairly relaxed because people can drive there!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
15cm at Les Collons by 0615 and bucketing down
I drove down to Sion station and there was thick snow on the roads in the town
Treacherous drive up and down
The snowploughs have started but the main roads are 20 cm deep
Interesting to see which lifts open today with the Avalanche risk through the roof
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's been belting down in Le Châble since 5am. Looks like it's going to be very cold. Currently -18 in Verbier. Chassoure-Tortin being prepared for opening.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chucking in down in Veysonnaz, snow chains needed, they will clear the main roads quickly as they have loads of people leaving today and even more arriving.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Steve Sparks, why were you up at 5am?
I know you are keen.....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just what was needed - buckets of snow and nice cold weather to preserve it. Looks like skiing next week will be very different from skiing this week, with less people on slopes too due to cold.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Probably 50cm all the way down to the valley. Roads shut, travel chaos. We're not going anywhere.

@Rungsp, I was quite excited about the prospect of snow wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
powder everywhere yesterday - driving interesting especially avoiding the german family who were attempting to put chains on in the middle of the road
cars off the road to Thyon everywhere
lots of blasting this am but should be a good day
sadly off to the US so will miss what looks like being a great week although avalanche risk will be severe - you could see fresh snow slides off etherolla with fissuring
anyway happy new year to wall of you lucky enough to be here
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bruson (yesterday) was...sacrilege...a bit disappointing.
The fresh was deep, but not enough under it to make the off piste seem safe, there is a lot of fallen timber and branches and the risk of getting hooked made it too iffy for me.
The pistes only opened yesterday and by lunchtime were as flat as a flat thing.

Savolyeres today was lovely. Pistes in superb condition, saving the very occasional wisps of grass (it's all meadows underfoot) and the off piste on the front side was deep and fluffy (also grass beneath).
The main lift up was very busy, but once up there the left queues were negligible.

It really does help to have been there in the summer, and to know what is under that snow.
snow conditions
Too right Rungsp. One of my mates wrote off his 4Fronts yesterday. All of Mt Fort sector now open. Working on tactics to avoid the crowds. The line in Verbier this morning was ugly as I passed it on the way up from Le Châble wink
snow conditions
Bus to Carrefour is a good option, queue at Mayentzet only took 10 minutes.
latest report
My Fort lovely yesterday am. Gentianes good in places, but many rocks hiding. Headed across to Printze sector, queues not bad and some good snow to be found. The artificial snow at Combatazaline is quite interesting Shocked Queue back up Tortin not bad- 10 mins at 1500.

Bit of a shame that the Le Châble bubble broke later. Some were dangling on it for an hour, but all back up and running this morning.
snow report
An hour? We were stuck for an hour and a half!
Cold and dark....
snow report
Considering that it is super peak season busy....it really isn't that busy.

Did a 4V excursion today and I can report that almost all pistes are in good condition. A few are getting a bit polished and firm....you just need to ride that edge-slide until you find some grip.
Only one run had any stones at all and they were the small loose type that are not too bad.

Main Verbier was busier than the 4V extremities this afternoon, but even there the lift lines were only 5 minutes or so.

Rode a cable with a visiting guide from chamonix (www.chamonixskiguide.com) who was amazed at how much better the conditions are in Verbier and the 4V at the moment, he was very scathing at the snow and piste management in Chamonix, I have not been so cannot possible comment!
snow conditions
Flippin 'Eck....ignore my previous comment about crowds not being too bad....today it was seething with skiers, I have never seen it so crowded.

The overflow to the overflow carpark at Le Chable overflowed!

....and next week is one of the quietest of the winter....
snow report
Ice rink today. Seems like it rained pretty high yesterday evening.
snow report
but almost empty when compared to yesterday.

Actually snow was lovely so long as you stayed above the height about equal to the M25
latest report
Raining hard in town right now. Hopefully falling as snow higher up.
snow conditions
Some decent snow today in Lac de Vaux and the red from Gentianes to La Chaux, and really a lot better overall than I was expecting given the lack of snowfall. It is still the poorest I've seen it for the time of year, but it really isn't too bad.

Very quiet by Verbier standards too, longest queue was about a minute, but mostly none.
snow conditions
I wonder how high it rained last night, felt pretty warm so probably fairly high. Next week is one of the quietest weeks of the season but quiet slopes might well be the only positive.
snow report
Thinking of extending my Swiss trip by 1 or 2 days and heading round to Verbier tomorrow. Appreciate if someone currently in the village could comment on on-off piste conditions today, cheers.
latest report
@never summer, snow line was around 2000m by the end of the night, probably higher earlier. There was more snow than I expected. Mont Fort was bump free at lunchtime and some nice pockets of powder to be found. It had been windy last night so most was wind affected but provided some lovely skiing.

@skidm, stay high, above 2,000m conditions are very good. Keep an eye out for submerged rocks but the sun and temperatures over the next few days on crowd free slopes will provide some great skiing.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks @Steve Sparks, I think you've convinced me... wouldn't have taken much though!
snow report
Any news from Verbier/Nendaz today? Did the snow, that was so confidently forecast, actually arrive? Thanks
latest report
There were about 15cm at altitude lyesterday and It started snowing again in Verbier about 2200 last night. The rain turned to snow in Le Châble overnight and it's now snowing heavily down here at 850m. Due to snow all day until about 2000. Should give us 20-30cm. Looks cold and snowy for the rest of the week.
ski holidays
Excellent!
snow conditions
Super day. Visibility wasn't bad, no one around. 15-20cm on piste, more in pockets off. Didn't do any exciting stuff but had a lovely time riding piste side. Tomorrow could be very special as the vis should be good. Not getting above freezing all week in Verbier so conditions should stay great with regular top ups.
snow report
Pretty epic. Turned out to be about 30cm under clear cold skies. Everywhere was awesome. LOTS of people. Longest queue ever to get up Gentianes, 3 bins. Tomorrow will be super with no one here and there's still plenty left.
ski holidays
@Steve Sparks, The queues were pretty grim, we turned back at Tortin rather than go all the way over to Verbier, but what a great day. You're right about tomorrow, when I took some chums down to Sion station tonight, the road down was heaving with people leaving the slopes....so a great week to be had with more snow on the way. Very Happy
snow report
Stunning day. Skiing with Powder Extreme this week and discovering some great terrain. Had untracked on Greppon, lovely end of day down the Dents de Scion in glorious sunshine in knee deep pow. The cool temps are conserving the snow nicely and there is no one here.
ski holidays
Very jealous but back out in 10 days - where is dents de scion Steve ???
ski holidays
@AJD, It's the range above Cabane Mt Fort on the North side, opposite Barry's bowl. Accessed from behind the jumbo.

Did a wonderful col d'etygeon yesterday morning and the day's ending was a great Cathederal in low afternoon sunshine. There's still tons of stuff left here.
snow report
Still shredding fresh tracks. Anyone lunching at Cabane Mt Fort today - those 6 tracks to the left of Barry's bowl are ours! The cold has kept the snow great. Pistes are tip top and there's still loads of good off piste if you know where to go, which our Powder Extreme coaches certainly do.
snow conditions
@Steve Sparks, I will look for those tracks today when I go up the Jumbo Smile Who are you skiing with from PE?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy