Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2014-15

Poster: A snowHead
Snow down to 2,200m overnight. That won't hang around for long, but anything that's fallen above 3,000m is likely to form a base for the coming season.

Lacs de Vaux due to open in 4 weeks (1st November) if the snow gods are willing.

12.5% discount on annual and season passes runs to 15th October this year to allow for the confusion caused by the earlier 4V shenanigans.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting, thanks for the headsup! I am living in the lake Geneva region right now and noticed this morning that the mountaintops at the Valais side of the lake had gone white overnight Very Happy I've definitely already forgiven the weather yesterday evenings intense rain in Lausanne. The 1st of november isn't that long anymore...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The 4 valleys shenanigans... I like that... Very Happy

How many times have the 4V "partners" pulled this little love/hate game with their neighbouring stations in the past 30 years? At least 6 off the top of my head...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Televerbier have just announced that Lacs des Vaux will be opening as planned, this weekend. Once more Verbier is one of the earliest alpine resorts to offer non glacial skiing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Steve Sparks, that's great news. Any idea what pass prices are for a day? I quite fancy an early slide to start getting my ski legs back Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@fixx, If I'm not mistaken it's 37chf. It's looking good!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@fixx, Here's all the gen.

ON SKIE A VERBIER !!!
Les chutes de neige de ces derniers jours permettent l’ouverture des pistes de ski ce week-end !

Aux Attelas (2'727m) ce sont plus 40 cm de neige qui sont tombés entre mercredi et jeudi en plus de la neige artificielle produite grâce aux basses températures de ces derniers jours.
Les pistes seront donc en bonnes conditions et la météo annoncée pour ce week-end s’annonce radieuse.

Le domaine skiable sera donc ouvert de la manière suivante :

Télécabine Le Châble – Verbier de 8h40 à 16h45 (accès au domaine)
Télécabine Verbier - Les Ruinettes de 8h45 à 16h15 (accès au domaine, pistes fermées)
Funispace de 8h55 à 16h30 (accès au domaine, pistes fermées)
Télésiège Lac des Vaux 1 et piste de ski du Lac des Vaux de 9h05 à 16h15

Le restaurant L’Olympique aux Attelas sera également ouvert.

Pour la suite du mois de novembre, l’ouverture est prévue toutes les fins de semaine (samedi et dimanche). L’ouverture journalière est programmée dès fin novembre.

Les caisses de Médran (Verbier) sont ouvertes les week-ends de 8h30 à 16h30 et la semaine de 09h00 à 12h00 et de 13h00 à 16h30. Celles du Châble lors de l’ouverture des installations de 8h30 à 16h30 et celles de La Tzoumaz en attendant l’ouverture du secteur de Savoleyres, les samedis et dimanches de 10h00 à 12h00 et de 13h00 à 15h00.

Le tarif unique est de 36CHF la journée.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Steve Sparks, thanks for that, much appreciated.

I am a little tempted, though not sure it's worth it for just the Lac des Vaux pistes though, and it would involve getting my skis out tomorrow and spending tomorrow evening servicing them, which I can't be bothered to do yet Smile We'll see! (I'm off to Val Thorens in 2 weeks anyway too!)

Still very impressive that Verbier are putting this on so early, very good job.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@fixx, I know, I'm not around this weekend but will ski next weekend - an annual pass helps. wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Steve Sparks, lucky you - I've just got a Cham season pass, which I haven't even picked up yet. Not sure they'd take one of the Verbier vouchers this early anyway though! I will be over in Verbs for a day or several during the season anyway, great place.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@fixx,

Look out for the Verbier ski pass offers on buycllub.ch
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@hedley, I do see those every year, but I get 8 Verbier passes free with my Chamonix season pass which pretty much covers me for the season Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lac de Vaux 2 lift & piste are also opening this weekend. I went at much the same time last year and the queue at Le Chable ticket office was the longest I saw all season, took at least an hour to get the ticket, largely because many people were buying their season passes at the same time, often for the whole family, which added ages to the wait time.

I think I'll just wait until a bit more opens and the online tickets become available.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bottomless pow for the nipper

latest report
Lovely picture!
snow report
Yesterday morning gave a few clear periods, but it started snowing at lunch time and visibility at Lacs des Vaux wasn't great. Coverage is good and both lifts are running.

Today however will be a different affair. It snowed heavily all night down to 1,500m and it should make it a stunning day now the sun's out.
ski holidays
Super day; Le Châble car park full by 10 and only 2 lifts open. BUT that 15cm of snow overnight made the run down to Ruinettes super dooper, so no real queues. Fun skiing under clear skies. A wonderful Sunday.

Hopefully they will be able to open the Blunt next weekend.
latest report
I was out in Verbier as well today and as already mentioned, it was really nice Very Happy Lovely fresh snow and there weren't that many people, especially compared to my day in Saas-Fee 2 weekends ago. Also, the trees under the Ruinettes gondola were all top to bottom covered in the snow which is just so pretty. I hereby enclose photo proof of this day,: https://www.flickr.com/photos/52042736@N04/ .
ski holidays
Piste de l'Ours in Veysonnaz opening this weekend, to mid station.
latest report
Verbier have announced that the La Chaux Express and Attelas chair (Blunt) will be open this weekend. That opens up skiing to below Ruinettes, the whole of La Chaux and Fontenays (maybe not officially open). This is a significant expansion to the ski area and should ensure any crowds attracted by the stunning weather forecast will be well distributed.

Chalet Carlsberg opening too and the Mayenzet restaurant (access on foot from Verbier).
snow report
I'll be there sunday afternoon for a cheeky ski before driving to Saas Fee for three days of JJC
ski holidays
Nice, much better than this time last year...scraping my ski's on my first day out around Dec 20th...oops. I've got the week of 13 December available to ski, but was thinking of trying Monterosa, but following this post in case Monterosa goes pear shaped.
snow report
See you up there @rungsp!
ski holidays
@Steve Sparks, I'll call you when I get up there
ski holidays
Another excellent couple of days. Saturday's weather was fabulous, warm and sunny and the pistes were in great condition. Lovely chalky snow in Lacs des Vaux, softening down towards Attelas. It was busy (the Le Châble car park was full by 1030) but no dreadful queues.

By yesterday afternoon the slightly warmer temperatures under a partially covered sky had started to show on the pistes, with a few holes appearing, but still plenty of good skiing to be had.

Lifts are open every day from next Saturday until April 26th.
latest report
+1 to this, saturday was lovely. We were up from 8:30, downloaded to verbier station for lunch as chalet carlsberg and olympic, the only two open restaurants were rammed, then back up for a leisurely afternoon ski till around 3:45. Great day. Bases took a mild hammering from a number of stones coming through the pistes, but overall absolutely lovely and also pretty empty except for the dip down to runiettes, which had a fair number of early season fallers and beginner slalom was the game of the day..
snow conditions
Tele Thyon webcams show a little dusting in Les Collons this morning, fingers crossed for more, have 3 days next weekend with some guys from work.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another top day, a lot of the base is now artificial snow, but plenty open and crowds fine. There was fog up to 2,000m so we spent all day skiing above a wonderful sea of fog and the effects of the light later in the afternoon as the sun set were stunning.

It is still only 6th December, conditions are great for the time of year.
ski holidays
First turns of the season on the Piste de l'Ours. Only two runs open but snow in great condition They are working hard managing the snow .

the Picolo and Trabanta are planned to open tomorrow in Les Collons with links lifts from Siviez to the open Verbier runs operating tomorrow as well.
ski holidays
Does anyone know how much it is for a day pass at the minute with limited opening?
ski holidays
I think its about 30% off the normal rate, have a look on the Veysonnaz site as Sunday is Winters Day and they're doing some deals then.
ski holidays
Thanks @Swissie, we want to go tomorrow. I've got a pass that covers me, but a few friends don't and are still deciding what to do... Either wsy I'm skiing Smile
snow report
A few of us did the drive over from Chamonix this morning, and were rewarded with a very good day indeed.

They opened quite a few more slopes today, including La Chaux area and up to Mont Fort, so we didn't run out of things to ski.

Lovely sunny weather, very good snow on the pistes for the morning and early afternoon, but icy patches and stones were becoming more obvious as the day went on .

I didn't bother with Mont Fort itself, but skied down Gentianes, and there were some serious stones and rocks on that Sad They had put signs up to chase people down the easier variant, but I went straight down the main steeper section, and it wasn't pleasant at the top. So the signs were there for a reason! Still good fun though, and nothing a fresh wax can't fix on my skis Smile

Definitely worth the trip today, and no major queues anywhere.
snow conditions
2 and a half great days in Les Collons. they have had to work hard managing the little snow they have but there were 3 or 4 good runs open with almost a 1000m of vertical from the top of Thyon to the bottom of the Piste d l'ours. That being said, it was quiet and they really do need some more snow for the Christmas week

They are busy making snow all over, and i think the Etherolla could be good for next week too. Fingers crossed for some snow soon.
ski holidays
Looking a bit more white on the cams snowHead
snow conditions
I'm planning on heading back on Friday again - I'm hoping for a bit more snow!
ski holidays
Eeek, more snow than expected, have had to abandon my car in the village and schlep up the hill home, with half my shopping (the other half still in the car) lets hope it stays.
latest report
Well a great dump yesterday afternoon and evening!
About 20cm down in Nendaz and Siviez a tricky ride home in the car.
But... by this morning the temperatures had soared to 2 degree plus at 2500, and it decided to rain down to about 1800m
Spring conditions in intermittent cloud and chopped p invisible porridge for pistes. Great shame
I fear all this new stuff is going to be frozen solid tomorrow.
Not looking great for the Christmas rush. Sorry
latest report
Thyon/Veysonnaz opened more today
Top of etherolla ok
Greppon chair excellent
all in all surprisingly pleasant considering the weather - amazing job from the pisteurs with the artificial to give some skiing
Stick to your old skis
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy