Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone else getting excited about winter yet!!

Poster: A snowHead
I'm sitting here in Wanaka New Zealand right now watching a spring storm lash the Southern Alps with fresh snow! It's seems a bit crazy to think that we're getting late season
storms extending our touring season whilst the Northern Hemisphere gears up for another winter. I am truly living in an endless winter! It's not all bad, just so long as the body get some time to heal and a little sand between the toes whilst traveling back!! The question is though, am I excited about the coming winter season in Chamonix?

You're Damn Right I Am!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skierchris,

Excitement here too, not least as our season kicks off in 3 weeks time with a 10 day tour of 5 Austrian glaciers. My excitement is tempered slightly by the webcam images from Stubai, however... All looking a bit grim and desperate for snow. Shocked

Hintertux looks a bit better though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Me too, just 4 weeks to the Insideout ski camp at Tignes Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, it was 2 degrees here last night. That is definitely starting to feel a bit like winter... Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, just brought new skis (still to get bindings) and I'm itching to try them.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm trying to work out if I can afford a second trip.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
henzerani, exactly the same conundrum I have got.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Queen bodecia: And if I can afford it, shall I go before or after my Jan holiday?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is your thread title a trick queston??!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES oh god yes

wink wink wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
livetoski, +1 Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I nearly bought a lit up reindeer in John Lewis yesterday until I remembered the shopping trip was supposed to be for school uniform. snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowymum, hhmmmm tacky Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
henzerani wrote:

I'm trying to work out if I can afford new toys. Trouble is nothing needs replacing :/
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kioksor,
Doesn't matter....................
snow conditions
KenX, Agreed Happy
latest report
I've been planning my Christmas trip for a couple of months now, with a couple of options simmering for later in the year. But I've just bought my first proper off piste skis and can't wait to give them a try. Roll on winter !
snow report
Critical_Al, Same here, new off piste skis, transceiver, probe, shovel. Cant wait to use them - of course buying them is the easy bit, using them effectively is another (a good excuse for courses)
latest report
Absolutely, just booked a few days training in Tignes over Christmas during family holiday. The major challenge is to persuade my better half that I need another weeks dedicated course this year....
snow report
PaulC1984,
Quote:

transceiver, probe, shovel. Cant wait to use them

Shocked
Hopefully not.
latest report
robapplegate, Toofy Grin
ski holidays
We seem have gone from summer to autumn overnight here in the 4 Vallees and some snow on the top peaks towards Verbier......yippee!
latest report
robapplegate wrote:
PaulC1984,
Quote:

Shocked
Hopefully not.

maybe in practice? I think its quite entertaining when its not for real
snow conditions
Temps in Austria are still cruising in the twenties and sunny! All good news! Need a nice long warm spell followed by a cold winter!

I agree with kioksor, and PaulC1984, that stuff is just cool to have and play with!
It's like getting your first Ice axe and crampons, just fun kit to mess about with! Also NOBODY is more badass than the guy who walks into the bar with an axe sticking out of his ABS, women want him, men want to be him..... right! ? NehNeh
latest report
kioksor, True enough.
dulcamara, Can't say wandering into a bar with an ice axe ever improved my luck with the ladies Sad

In answer to the OP, Christmas can't come soon enough, Schladming here we come snowHead
ski holidays
robapplegate wrote:
PaulC1984,
Quote:

Shocked
Hopefully not.

Poor choice of paragraph construction made me sound a fool there didn't it! Toofy Grin Obviously cant wait to play with the skis. As for the safety gear, certainly not looking forward to using that, but nether the less its there just in case!

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 7-10-14 22:58; edited 1 time in total
latest report
dulcamara, Who needs an Axe hanging out of your sack to look bad ass?! I walk into the bar with my fly down and you should hear the women scream - Im sssooooo badass they all run away shouting viol viol - my french isn't so good, but since the bar cleared quickly and they all left me their drinks I assume it was good Toofy Grin
latest report
PaulC1984, We knew what you meant Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
robapplegate, I know Laughing I love the humor tho Happy
snow report
my first off piste adventure in la grave many years ago. we had finished the skin up and were getting rearranged and having a break. I get my pack all strapped up with axe, water bottles and what ever those randonee insert bindings were called. guide comes over shaking his head, says something about goddamn americans look like christmas trees on skis and makes me put it all inside my pack Mad
ski holidays
Yes, getting excited for winter! There's always the hope of October sliding in Scotland - unusual but not unknown.

Tignes glacier looking in better shape after overnight snow - now a distinct (high altitude) snowline on surrounding mountains Very Happy.

Stubai glacier is another story though. We're meeting up with Bergmeister there in 3 weeks - but it's still looking like a grey, icy quarry..... Confused. Still, on another thread, Sammerberg Sue has offered words of hope - she says that it's forecast to turn cold and wet in the next 10 days wink.
snow report
kioksor wrote:
henzerani wrote:

I'm trying to work out if I can afford new toys. Trouble is nothing needs replacing :/

I need new toys. Got a new bag at Milton Keynes but need a probe and a shovel. Wouldn't mind a transceiver. But can't have one and a second trip.

I think I'll wait until April and see how much money I have an where the snow is.

Last year, in powder, I stopped for a wee. My aim revealed an orange and brown tile. As an archaeologist I was intrigued and widened my circle, excavating . . . my ski. That bit didn't hold snow for the rest of the day.
ski holidays
Just paid for the Tignes lift passes, and final accom costs so thats Tignes all paid for. Now just need to get lift passes and transfers sorted for S11BB - getting super excited now, only 11 weeks to tignes!! Toofy Grin Very Happy Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Getting excited?? Oh yes! We'll be skiing at Stubai next Saturday pm and Sunday, followed by a couple of days at Hintertux Very Happy.

Have you seen the webcams/photos after this week's storm?! Woo hoo!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You can't beat that first click into your bindings - let the season begin!
ski holidays
Oh, yes. Apart from a new transever bought at the end of the season, that I haven't yet played with, and a bright green jacket (cheap from Sport Pursuit) I have nothing new this year.
Having happily skied my 98mm Hardsides almost every day last season I'm trying to resist getting some more big sticks, problem was I was having trouble with my last BIG skis, no not skiing with them, but lugging them around rolling eyes
snow conditions
I think I may have wrecked my skis on the dryslopes . . . maybe. Well, I could have done! So I should probably get some new skis . . . just in case . . . don't you think?
ski holidays
henzerani, yes get new skis, you can never have enough skis
ski holidays
chrisb, interesting theory. Do you think I might need separate pairs for piste and off-piste? I've got the Gear issue of Fall Line magazine and I'm beginning to believe I might need separate pairs.

skierchris, to get back to the original theme: yes I am excited. My subscriptions have started to arrive, my You Tube is full of snow sport videos and there's snow on the Alps.
ski holidays
Cant wait. Best time of the year
latest report
@henzerani, depends. I know my piste skis struggle on real powder days if I go off piste. I sometimes hire a different set in resort depending on the conditions but I am not really a good enough skier to really see the benefit.

Like @Lennon, says, it is the best time of year - planning ahead, the pain of watching webcams, writing on the forum when I should be working (which pays for ski ing I need to remind myself). My last time on snow outside was in Feb in Scotland, and that seems such a long time ago
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy