Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland snow report 2014/15

Poster: A snowHead
Great turnout with almost a 100 people at Glencoe for the mid-summer slide, despite a less than summer like forecast. Still more or less complete runs on the upper and mid-mountain, with the Wall, Canyon and Thrombosis seeing action on the middle slopes and the Main Basin, Spring Run and Flypaper on the upper mountain.

[img]http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/displayimage.php?photo_id=32256&width=900&height=600[/img]
^Hitting a kicker in the Main Basin on the Summer Solstice.

More Pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=1105
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

http://youtube.com/v/xLLUyVylkvA
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That made me Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There was a link from the Snowsport Scotland website to a flyer for Nevis Range that said they were open yesterday too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Even in July, Scotland is still offering plenty of vertical if you're prepared to hike for it ...

http://youtube.com/v/JLagRxHjYVc
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow was forecast too.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great video moffatross - though I'd be looking for somewhere a bit less steep than a fall = serious injury or death.... Skullie Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Me too, mountainaddict. I've skied gullies 3 and 4 and they were challenging enough for me but the descent of number 2 in that video just looked completely horrid, and the top of Tower Gully is a no-fall zone any time. The participants are good skiers though, one of them is a regular skiing buddy and I've skied with a couple of the others too. They're all technically better, more confident, and far more competent than I am and where I've spent maybe 300 days on snow, they're up into their 1,000's.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fantastic day out.....in our own mountains......in July Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Vertical is certainly the word Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So were you not on the Ben Nevis jaunt/video moffatross?

(I'd assumed you were as you'd posted it.)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No, mountainaddict, I was just trying to keep the Scotland thread alive. If it had been me, I'd have started a new thread with at least 10 photos wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The nights are drawing in...it'll soon be time to start next season's thread moffatross!

October season start anyone ??
wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh no, not yet, mountainaddict. I'm still waiting for some summer rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Out walking yesterday above Loch Tay we were surprised to see a snow patch on the Tarmachan ridge especially as it was in an area that would get a lot of sunshine, sorry for the poor image but didn't have any support to take a decent zoom photo, when we were driving away we saw another larger snowpatch further east.

snow report
some really deep patches still around Glencoe...up to 10m (30 feet) thick the resort says

ski holidays
The snow patch count is noted here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153175231576376&set=gm.410524322480958&type=1

'Winter is coming' !!
latest report
As the man said, the number of patches is an indicator of a crap cold Scottish summer - no harbinger of a good winter ahead, unfortunately !
snow conditions
@deerman, The trend would appear to hint at things turning colder.

That said, as you suggest it may be the Summers that are cold rather than the Winter. Some altitude data would be interesting. Is there data on snow cover in Scotland during the Winter ?
snow conditions
Winter is on it's way - heard the first geese of the season going over the house tonight.
snow report
This is some record to hold.
http://www.scotlandnow.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/snow-hunter-woman-skied-70-6338835
ski holidays
Is anyone going to start the 2015/2016 equivalent of this thread? Just moved to Edinburgh, keen for some schuss!
snow report
Not much interest in Scotalnd on here these days.

Any resort even close to an opening?
latest report
Nope. There has been snowfall on the hills overnight though.
ski holidays
^^
Which probably means Scotland has more snow than most of the Alps at the moment. Lol
snow report
Currently sleeting on outskirts of Edinburgh Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Got some photos sent in from one of our places up in Grantown-on-Spey... snow is lying there so the Cairngorms will be getting some.

And so the base building begins for another season Very Happy
snow conditions
dave_wick wrote:
Not much interest in Scotalnd on here these days.

Any resort even close to an opening?

There's a fair few Scottish skiers on here once the winter gets going.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@dave_wick, it's only just started snowing up here so resorts opening are a while away, unless we get a dump in relatively calm conditions. Doesn't look likely looking at the forecasts.

Today at Loch Morlich.

latest report
If anyone wants to see what Glenshee looked like on saturday, there's a couple of photos on the "three valleys 2015/16" thread. I posted them in response to someone saying there was no snow anywhere snowHead
ski holidays
Surely we need a New Scottish thread.
This on is titled Scotland snow report 2014/15
Isn't there a 2015/16 thread?
ski holidays
Started the new thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=121597
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy