Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should I be worried that Tignes looks bare from the top to the bottom Oct 4th

Poster: A snowHead
That's looking nicer Happy From a distance glaciers can look grey and horrid, but when you are actually on them they are fine for skiing. In worst case scenarios they are excellent for developing ice and hardpack skills! A few years ago we ran a trip starting at the end of September which was on very icy terrain. We were all a little anxious at first, but after three days I think everyone had lost their fear of skiing on ice and realised that with some adjustments to your skiing you have as much control as you need for skiing icy terrain.

In the 10 years or so that I've skied pre-season on the Grand Motte, the biggest challenge is too much weather and occasionally too much snow rather than too little.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Really sad now, got the Grande Motte webcam on my bookmarks bar Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A quick update on the glacier conditions

http://youtube.com/v/Wc2zkxJJXic&feature=youtu.be

It also looks like it snowed last night, so even more snow Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
looks a lot better this morning on the webcam Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Little Martin wrote:
looks a lot better this morning on the webcam Smile

And even better today Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
a few more snow showers to come too this week, but warming up rapidly at the end of the week
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks to be around 4 inches fallen in the resort (Le Lac) today Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd keep on worrying if i were you. Just to be on the safe side.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We'll post some on-the-spot reports from Sunday. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What you have all been waiting for;

Top of Grande Motte this morning,

looking across towards 3500

Lift queue at the bottom of Champagny, 1pprox 10.30

The conditions are pretty good and whilst there are some ice patches there is lots of good skiing to be had. the weather forecast is for more sun this week and no snow until the beginning of next week.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stewart woodward, is Rosolin running? No queue for Champagny at 10.30am during half term? Wow!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:
@stewart woodward, is Rosolin running? No queue for Champagny at 10.30am during half term? Wow!

Rosolin running, only one drag working as the other one goes over too many rocks rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@stewart woodward, thanks, good news about Rosolin. Is the bit of piste to skiers' right of the drag line open?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
is the vanoise running Stew? looks like they had been setting on Descent, no cracks?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hope the weather stays as predicted 15cm due Sun/Mon next week - could be a good start for inside out Smile
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
is the vanoise running Stew? looks like they had been setting on Descent, no cracks?

Vanoise not running yet, not enough snow cover at the bottom. The French ladies WC team were training SG & GS on Descent this morning. Pretty full on with ice on every turn Very Happy

All mountain skills are at a premium at the moment and I am sure the same will apply next week rolling eyes rolling eyes Get those edges sharpened wink
snow report
http://www.meteoexploration.com/forecasts/Tignes/

Next week looking very good - 72cm forecast, just in time for my arrival Wink
snow conditions
That's a good weather website that I hadn't seen before @Little Martin. Cheers - I've added it to my favourites list Smile.
snow report
105cm forecast now, mon to thurs
snow conditions
@Little Martin, if we get 40cm and 50k winds make sure you bring a good book to read wink
snow conditions
I am hoping that site is pessimistic with the wind, else my bar bill won't be good Sad
snow report
Usual November weather , snow and wind sometime during a week isn't unexpected!!!
latest report
skimottaret wrote:
@Little Martin, if we get 40cm and 50k winds make sure you bring a good book to read wink
And equals 5cm left on the glacier & the rest who knows where. Shocked
snow conditions
They seemed to have dialled down snow significantly on this morning Snowforecast
latest report
Looks to me as if they're still saying around 50cm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.

Mind you 97Km/h wind looks a bit breezy.
latest report
meteoexploration, now suggesting 2m of snow next week, I wonder if we'll get to do any skiing every time I'd set off I'd disappear into a pile of snow Wink

very windy at the start of the week
ski holidays
looks like some significant snow 4th nov onwards,, but still to far out to be certain.....
ski holidays
Might bring the fat boys............
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy