Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel infographic - give your feedback...

Poster: A snowHead
Please delete this admins if this is considered spamming, but wanted to share this infographic that I put together for Le Ski recently. I'm interested in feedback from the Snowheads community - interesting? too much info? too little? not the right type?

[/url]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
iainm, What is the competition, spot the error ?

Obviously the number of "ski hosts" is wrong.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You might find you get more responses if you posted this in The Piste instead of the off-piste forum...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I thought it was quite interesting.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Interesting.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am pretty sure there are not 28 drag lifts in the Courchevel valley. Only about 20. Even if you add magic carpets still struggle to get to 28. Like wise I don't think there are 72 in the 3 valleys.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Could do with a graphic of price of beer in average Austrian resort vs price of beer at Altiport but then the page might not be big enough.

Number of imported "party girls"

Waiting time Custardeo and myself endured before deciding the arrogant staff weren't going to bother serving us for drinks at the top end of season.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowrider, sadly I just got the piste map out, admittedly from the 2012-13 season so now there may be a couple less. I counted 44 altogether, 18 in courchevel valley, 8 in meribel valley, 17 in belleville valley and 1 in fourth valley. That was including all the magic carpets and where there is a double poma that was counted as two. How many weeks is it till the World Cup kicks off in Solden? In the meantime I need to get a life!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I notice all the figures are for 2013/14 except the snow depth one which is 2012/13 - I guess it wasn't impressive enough last season?

The number of Le Ski hosts: is that the original number or those that were left after the gendarmes got busy?

It's kind of pointless giving a percentage of French skiers directly under the percentage of non-French - anyone who can't figure one from the other probably isn't your target demographic.

I'm struggling to think of 6 cable cars in 3V... I make it 2.

It's really impressive that the 3V is soooo much bigger than the whole of London... until U realise it's just the Square Mile you're talking about which incidentally, doesn't contain Tower Bridge or the Palace of Westminster which feature in the graphic depicting Lundun-init.

Well U did ask Confused
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Amount of wee wee to be taken from Tim Wall for his televised nervous breakdown/ outshouting Gordon Ramsay.

How many dead things does Courchevel Enquirer now think 1850 is deader than due to over focus on Russian wealthy.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave of the Marmottes, do you think everyone will be wearing Gordon Ramsey masks in La Tania this season? And the chef Steve has returned to the mountains it said at the end - which place I wonder?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Iain, I think it's a nice job as an illustration, but I found some of the facts too boring or meaningless for words. I'd hire you if I wanted a designer, but I'd want better editorial input. snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

It's really impressive that the 3V is soooo much bigger than the whole of London... until U realise it's just the Square Mile you're talking about which incidentally, doesn't contain Tower Bridge or the Palace of Westminster which feature in the graphic depicting Lundun-init.

What he says. The London urban area is around 100 times larger than the 3 valleys. Doesn't seem that impressive really does it.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
x7 wrote:

Confused

Interesting read - but I'd have to agree with this. Think you need to take the London landmarks out to avoid misleading. Plus i think you need to make the 3 Vallees graphic bigger than the city of London graphic, so that you graphically demonstrate one is larger than the other (as it is I am just reading the numbers to work out which is bigger, which kinda defeats the object of an infographic).

But generally good stuff Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
x7 wrote:

I'm struggling to think of 6 cable cars in 3V... I make it 2.

I thought I'd have a go and try to think of all 6 cable cars - then I realised what actually officially defines a cable car!!! Puzzled

La Saulire (Courcheval)
Cime Caron (VT)
Thorens (Val Thorens)
3 Vallees Express (Orelle)

They are the only ones I can think of, and I'm not even sure they're right! Smile
latest report
70% of the people arrive by helicopter? That seems an insane high figure to be true! Also unless your thousand pound holidays include arriving by helicopter, I'm not sure what the point is!

I've never been to Courchevel 1850 and this infomercial doesn't make me want to. I've heard the pistes are good but with the prices charged, I'd sooner go elsewhere. Courchevel 1850 is always going to attract people who have already heard of the resort and are either wealthy or are attracted by the Courchevel image and are prepared to pay the premium. I think something more concise targeting the second group would be better.
snow report
madlondoner, I think the 70% figure is for heli arrivals at the Altiport.
latest report
Well it's a small pretty airport for largely private flights. This doesn't seem a particularly interesting stat!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy