Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ste Foy based off-piste holiday for expert skiers - late March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I have had 2 people drop out of an off-piste holiday 20th-29th March, going out and coming back on the overnight sleeper train. You could travel your own way if you wish but with the train you get 8 days skiing for 7 nights at the Auberge sur le Montagne (This is a nice hotel with really special food).

The holiday is for 6 skiers based in Ste Foy but our guide, Chris Harrop, will also take us around the other resorts in the area (Val d'Isere/Tignes, Les Arcs, La Plagne, La Rosierre etc).
The standard is SCGB gold (if you know what that means) or basically you need to be able to ski quite fast on any sort of snow, including breakable crust, and not be scared of an occasional slope of 45º. We will ski 2 days on our own and 6 days with guide. You need to have touring bindings to reach that special slope nobody else skis.

2 places available but we will go anyway - it will just cost a bit more each for the guide with less people.
If anyone is interested I'll send the details of cost etc.

All the best
David

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting, that's a week I've still to fix something up for. I'll drop you a pm
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi AB, I have sent you a message

David
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm one of the two skiers who unfortunately had to drop out - really wanted to tour in Lofoten this season and to ski with my son in the Dolomites, couldn't make everything come together. Sorry David.

However, just wanted to say - if you're considering this and are of the right standard, go for it! It's an excellent ski holiday, in a great chalet, with fun people and of course some excellent skiing!

Here are some photos to give you an idea:

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 2-10-14 23:30; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
edit: double post

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 2-10-14 23:29; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

another one
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK, one down, one to find.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Still interested in finding a 6th person. We will go anyway, though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Interesting!! Can you send some details. I went on the OP bash this year but don't think I can in 2015. Not sure ski club GB level, but have skied narrow couloirs, deep snow etc.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Kaisr,

Just saw your post and have sent you a Private Message Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think we are now a full group. Thanks Kaisr Sose,
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oops, now not sure if we have our 6th or not so it is worth asking....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I could be interested. I'm required standard, references if you wish. Always good to meet new people. Place available still?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy