Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nonstop in Fernie/Alltracks in whistler

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, had a search but couldn't find any recent feedback. Has anyone used Nonstop for their 3 week improver courses in Fernie? Or Alltracks in whistler?

Wife and I are currently on a years sabbatical and edging towards doing the 3 week improver course in Fernie from mid feb with nonstop. We would love to do the longer off piste course but real life dictates we need to be in the UK for January so can't commit to them.

Has anyone used these companies? Could you share how you found the instruction/accommodation/overall setup? Also feedback on Fernie in feb/march?

We're basically early to mid 30's and looking to move from competent piste skiers with some limited off piste experience to being better off piste and ironing out any on piste issues (bumps, icy blacks). We're not fussed about instructor qualifications - we just want to become better skiers so we can get more out our annual week or two in the future.

Cheers.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Daughter used Yes in Whistler and they are good. Going back this year for more
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've never used NonStop so can't really comment on them but my advice would be to go for ALLTRACKS Academy in Whistler. I did their 11 week instructor/off-piste course last season and enjoyed every single second. I'm actually re-joining them this season. One of the best experiences of my life. The level of coaching was amazing, accommodation excellent, had an absolute blast all whilst making friends for life.

If you're interested, I actually wrote a series of blogs that were published through the Ski Club of Great Britain about my experiences out there. They should help you gather an idea of ALLTRACKS and Whistler. You can see them here if you're interested.

1. http://skiclubgb.wordpress.com/2014/01/13/ryans-blog-1/
2. http://skiclubgb.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/ryans-blog-the-good-the-bad-the-apres/
3. http://skiclubgb.wordpress.com/2014/03/12/ryans-blog-winter-returns-whistler/
4. http://skiclubgb.wordpress.com/2014/04/09/ryans-blog-this-is-backcountry/
5. http://skiclubgb.wordpress.com/2014/04/28/ryans-blog-a-gift/
6. http://skiclubgb.wordpress.com/2014/09/11/ryans-blog-keep-calm-winter-is-coming/

Feel free to ask me any questions about the experience with them.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info. Anyone got any comments re nonstop to compare?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NonStop

Longest lived UK company offering these kind of programmes. For good reason.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I should add, I have had heard excellent things about NonStop. They were my second choice when I initially did my research. The lure of Whistler over Fernie played a huge part in my decision. I wanted a town for such a duration. Whistler ticked all the boxes on that front for me.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I did the 11 week course with NONSTOP in 2006. I was in Banff and the experience was only good. While the accommodation and catering was basic, staying in the YWCA, it was sufficient. Being amongst the mainly 18-20 group with maybe 20% of the group being 20+ was really good. Great atmosphere.

The only thing i would recommend in hindsight is taking the 5-6k that it cost and spending it on a full season not doing Nonstop. I would have missed out on the social side but i'm sure i would have made friends in other places and had a more complete experience. Probably would have gained more valuable friendships too.

Instruction in the groups was excellent, lots of like minded people in my group to charge around with. I definitely excelled in my ability and im now confident skiing any terrain in any condition, almost.

Let me know if you have any specific questions, it was a while ago now but i can still remember most of it Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nonstop is pretty polished- excellent training, great accommodation, food etc. Had the best time in 2012 in Banff.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the updates. Sorry for the slowness getting back. Travelling in South America ATM so got lots to keep me entertained!

Looks like non stop it is. I actually fancy the smaller town vibe of Fernie for the 3 weeks course.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fernie's ace though there is lot going on outside the Nonstop bubble too.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ha, thread bump. Just logged in for the first time in errr 3 years but thought i'd add a bit of feedback if anyone is considering this in future.

Anyway we ended up doing 4 weeks with nonstop on their improver courses in Fernie. Amazing coaching, great fun, decent accommodation and a real mix of fellow course attendees (Brits, Americans, Aussies etc) some of whom have become good friends. (As an aside the 11 week/instructor groups seemed much more 18-25 age group).

Loved being in Fernie for a month. Great place with enough to keep things interesting off the mountain. Unfortunately 2015 was one of their driest on record so will need to go back sometime to experience the famous powder. However our skiing came on leaps and bounds which i put down to the fantastic coaching. So much so we've since done another short course with Nonstop.

Oh to be going out again for course this winter but now have a young daughter and don't think they branched out into childcare yet...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy