Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl Info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello one and all,

I have the joys of organising our ski holiday. The last 4 years we have gone to St. Anton and had a great time but are looking for a change. Our group is very mixed with good off-piste skiers to reasonable intermediates. We are looking at maybe heading to Obergurgl and was looking to get some thoughts.

Firstly, what is the off-piste like? We would be keen to have some decent, challenging skiing and are willing to earn our turns.

Two, any accommodation recommendations - normally we do self catering but I think this is going to be more difficult to organise in Obergurgl.

Thirdly, I had a quick look and it would appear that ski hire is just as expensive as St. Anton. Was hoping to reduce the costs for those without their own skis/boots - any good sites/shops to look at?

Well, that is about it really.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i have never done off piste in Obergurgl but for sure, dont except something like St. Anton
For the other two questions i really dont know. For Obergurgl i stay always in Sölden or Zwieselstein (something like that) a small village in the middle of nowhere (between Obergurgl and Sölden)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
turms, thanks for the info.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Dublinfella, Obergurgl is nowhere near as extensive as the Arlberg but there's still a fair amount of good off-piste around and where to go will just depend upon conditions when you're there. I always go B and B staying at Pension Hohenfels (http://www.pension-hohenfels.com/), which is just over the road from the Festkogl gondola. I've stayed in a few pensions around Obergurgl and like this place the most. When it comes to snow conditions and where/when to go off-piste, Gerald who runs the Hohenfels bar is a great source of information. You could also buy a 'freeride' topo map in the Spar supermarket or the ski shop at the Edelweiss hotel. I haven't hired stuff for ages but think you'll find that prices will be similar wherever you go - it's only a small place.

What time of year will you be going?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Earning your turns you have a hell of a lot of potential all along Ötztal. Definitely a lot less lift-accessed offpiste than the Arlberg though.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dublinfella,

You could get a guide and do stuff like this .....

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=110276&highlight=obergurgl

Mountainguide/Bergführerstelle Vent
Kilian Scheiber
Marzellweg 7
A-6458 Vent
Tel.: +43/5254 8106
Fax: +43/5254 30121
Email: info@bergfuehrer-vent.at
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy