Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon BBR Ski Size?

Poster: A snowHead
I've had my eye on the BBR ski for a while now and last year I rented a 159cm sunlight ski. They were really great, although did feel slightly long compared to the 154cm skis that I had for the other 5 days of the 6 day trip. I'm looking online and see that the sunlight ski comes in 149 and 150, the skylight comes in 140 and 150 and the starlight comes in 145 and 155cm. If i'm honest then I prefer the skyliht ski which limits me to 140cm or 150cm. I am 5'2.5 and weigh around 60kg. I'm hoping to find arecommendation as to whether to go longer or shorter on these skis?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also, I would consider myself my an intermediate skier. I've been on 5 week long holidays.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the bbr tries to be a bit of a do it all ski with the thin waist and fat tip, if you were just looking for piste skis then 140 would be about your chin height? which would be right but for these I would go 150 for the off piste possibilities, if your not planning going off piste a fair bit get something else
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
from the Salomon website

BBR --- Beginner = Height -5cm :: Intermediate = Height +5cm :: Advanced = Height +5 to 10 cm
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My 5'4" wife has Skylights in the 150cm size. She really likes them but thinks ideally they'd be a liitle bit longer. I reckon the 150cm would be perfect for you.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They are rockered as well so probably 10-20 cm of ski isn't touching the snow when on piste just flapping about in the air.

Andy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We use bbr 9's which suit are needs very well. Ie great for day to day skiing with our guests as they pretty much let us go where we want.
But for off piste days you will need something a little fatter. I am 1.76 tall and use a pair off 186s and maria 1.56 tall and uses a pair off 166s.
They ski like a much shorter ski so go long.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have 7.9 for the last 2 years and find them tge best thing I ever skied on so much that I just got a pair of of 8.0
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From what I remember salomon suggest to go 5cm above ur height with the bbrs
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gasha12000, There is very little difference between the 7.9's & 8's. If you wanted to up the performance you should have tried the 9's which are basically the old 8.9's.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
True but I liked the look of the 8.0 and got a real good deal
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://m.ebay.co.uk/orderDetails?itemId=261355722467&txnId=1493807673016 and they drilled them for free
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gasha12000, As long as you are happy with them.That is all that matters Smile
Ps like the colour.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
peter42, I think by what I have read they are a marmite of a ski love them or hate them
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm pretty much the same height and weight as you, and I have a pair of sunlites in 149cm. I love them, I really do, but if I could wave a magic wand and make them a teeny bit longer I would. I bought mine as a second hand bargain, so didn't have any choice. Great skis though, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. snowHead
snow report
mine are 169 I really enjoy them spent the last 2 nights getting my new ones ready and I am not going skiing till January Puzzled
latest report
gasha12000, I think you are right people seem to love or hate them. We are lucky as we get to use ours nearly every week apart from in may and november.
snow conditions
peter42, now that is nice every week
snow conditions
I love the way they ski but hate the way they look!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy