Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2014/15 (Useful Links Post 1)

Poster: A snowHead
GeorgeVII wrote:
@kitenski, We needed the 9 year old to sort the technology out. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Correct rolling eyes

I am planning my revenge this weekend Puzzled Getting my slalom skis serviced so I can hopefully get round the gates quicker rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@stewart woodward, Take him to the pub on Friday and give him his first hangover!!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@chocksaway, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK. so here you have the 9 year old & the 59 year old. not the same course/gate but similar.

As a friend said the 9 year olds legs are shorter that is why his bum is closer to the ground wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All a bit windy today and it blew quite warm thanks to the Foehn effect. So, initially the thought was to head east to le Fornet - they had more new snow last night we had very little. However it soon became apparent that the wind was going to scupper those plans - neither glacier opened all day (unless you count the bit below the Funi). So we decided Brev would be a good idea - it had not frozen down there last night so the skiing was easy. Having taken a shufty up Sache we gave that a go as the moguls were large but soft. the top was great if a bit busy - with the exception of some folk who shouldn't have been there at all. We were taking bets as to whether one couple would make it back for afternoon tea or dinner Shocked Top tip - that's why the paint the piste markers black - its a tricky run. By then half the resort was following our plan - the queue for the Brev Bubble was long so back to the old slow favourite chair to Boisses and its underused bubble.

This gave us a chance for a last look at the old village, EDF have now started work on Phase 3 (and last I think) of the modernisation of the system all the way to Bourg. As these procedures require the system to be water free they have now 'put the plug in' to the Dam, keeping the pipes downstream dry and allowing the Lac du Chevril to fill up through the summer so it will be good to go for the autumn when the power is needed and all the works are finished. So I expect the crane on the dam to disappear shortly. So I suspect that the old village will now not be reappearing for sometime - so if you want a look - be quick.

Back to the skiing - after a quick lunch at the Jam Bar and a meet up with another friend from Val it was a charge around the pistes - trying to avoid the easterly facing ones as the wind was swill strong. Now back for tea and medals before heading to the Queue de Cochon tonight - yummee.

Spring will return tomorrow and Thursday - some high clouds but little wind and somewhat warmer than today. Friday may see some showers late on but the morning will be darker than normal due to the eclipse, after that it looks unsettled but confidence is not high so I'll say little more than enjoy the next 2 days - but beware of the avalanche risk towards Le Fornet - there are a lot of traps out there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@stewart woodward, With those angles he could give Ted the Shred a run for his money Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spring's back Very Happy

Blue Skies, Sun all day and balmy temperatures......only thing left is the first Marmotte (in Tignes that is).

We set off early today to get to Le Fornet - so a charge across there made easier by Santons being open. However, clearly people had been reading the snow reports because so was everybody else. Not helped in Val by the Glaciers chair only allowing 4 folk per chair instead of 6. It had a failure the other day so perhaps they only had a 4 person motor in the cupboard! Also not helped by someone skiing from off piste holding a smart phone right in front of me - a quick café stop and the accident was avoided but they clearly had not realised that they were at fault by not looking as my Frencg invective was greeted by a shrug and a 'Quoi' Grrrrr.

The whole world was in Le Fornet the queue for the chair was about 15 mins so it was a wait and then the T Bar to access the 'rapidly being tracked out' Pays Desert. There indeed was about 80cm of new snow since it was last open on Sunday - sadly I was only using the top two inches or so - such was the density of the snow pack thanks to the wind and the high temps. Claims of powder days up there today would be 'wide of the mark'!! I have also never queued at the Pays Deset Poma for 10 minutes before Shocked

As the queues were so large there was no chance for another go as I had to return as I am hosting a dinner party and the casserole had to be in the oven at 2! But there was time for a coffee at the summer like Oeillette Restaurant - must make time for lunch there.

Weather remains much as yesterday, but we will only see cloud late on Friday - the showers now seem to have slipped to Friday. TTFN

PS The pistes are fab.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Today 12 of us did the tour de Col du Palet Peisey-NanCroix from Tignes to Les Arcs. We finished with Le Grand Col route to Villaroger from where we were taxied home. Breathtaking scenery and some interesting skiing. Rounded off by beers in the Jam Bar. (Words courtesy of one of our group on facebook. I am too tired to think of anything!!!)

latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cool sounds awesome, let us know more detail when you have rested Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lots & lots of suntan cream today it's a scorcher Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yip - a glorious spring day on piste. Met up with some friends out from GOC and hard a good charge round the resort. As you would expect some pistes are hard in the morning and then turning soft (not quite slush yet) and then crisping up in the evening. Still very few stones or bare patches on piste so all in all good from top to bottom. The La Daille bubble did seem to stop for a long time after lunch at the Rosée Blanche - its not appeared in the paper so I assume they got the old gal started again.

As for the weather - it will be quite dark in the morning thanks to the eclipse but the sun should then reappear with a few clouds lurking around. Saturday will start with sunny periods and then light snow late on and into Sunday. But the Surface Pressure chart is a mess from Sat lunchtime onwards - so frankly almost anything could happen so next week looks mixed. The isobars on the latest chart are also showing to be quite close but the forecasts don't seem to be mentioning any strong winds - but I would not be surprised if they pop up!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
heading out tomorrow for a week, should i be bringing my fat skis or just my thin ones?

also is anyone watching the rugby in tignes tomorrow ?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ajc2260626, That is a very good question to which I would say I'm not sure. There is going to be snow but how much mmmmmmm. If your fat are really fat powder only I would say no but if you can do hard pistes in them and then slush they would be OK. Rugby will be on in most of the bars.

Well - the eclipse - I wouldn't say it was a none event but some people missed it!! There was a thin veil of cloud which then started to move away in the hour as the eclipse approached - so it never really got darker. Unfortunately my camera could not cope with the light levels - next time I will have to find a filter. I clambered up to the eye of the needle to try and grab the iconic shot - this is what I managed so you will have to use some imagination:

After a quick ski round I came back for a quiet afternoon so here's the weather. there may be a few flocons tonight, tomorrow morning will start with sunny spells and deteriorate quickly into snow - with the snow level somewhere about 2000m - so the roads should stay clear in the village till late afternoon - chains may then be required. Sunday should see light snow all day before a brief respite on Monday when we may see the sun again. After that it will be unsettled for the rest of the week with snowy/sleety showers depending where the snowline settles down to. As a punt it will be snow in Le Lac and maybe sleety in Boisses, Brev may be a bit damp! There will be breaks between the showers.

For those travelling tomorrow there are only 24000 vehicles going down and 22000 coming up - this is the lowest amount of traffic since the dog days of Jan so there shouldn't be too many lengthy holdups. The weather should not cause any problems tomorrow - but you might get wet over here as you walk to the bus - but that means it will be snowing up here Very Happy (but maybe not in Meribel Centre.)

This week in Tignes: The Brits and European Snow Pride Week.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@chocksaway, cheers, are you based in tignes or val? how confident are you with the weather, i would like to see some sun for change! wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ajc2260626, There have been several gloriously sunny weeks in the EK this season but I don't think next week is going to be another one of them. wink
snow report
ajc2260626 wrote:
i would like to see some sun for change! wink

The sun always shines in the EK, sometimes you just have to seek it out Very Happy
snow report
@chocksaway, saw a little of the eclipse skiing through meribel but again low light levels hindered the full effect. The pole in the foreground adds to the effect Very Happy
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
This week in Tignes: The Brits and European Snow Pride Week.

Also the British Ski Championships on the Longon Stade in Val Claret.
latest report
@stewart woodward, And their stroppy parents??

Cloudy this morning expecting light snow shortly - might be an early lunch. The airport forecasters have changed their tune overnight - it is now misty down the valley. The actual reports show that this shouldn't be a problem at Lyon and Grenoble but it could well be a problem at Chambery - I wouldn't be surprised if there is a little sitting on the ground in the UK while it improves.

@ajc2260626, I'll give you a clue - I went to a comprehensive! The weather is definitely going to be unsettled - there will be the odd sunny period - on the other hand there will be quite a bit of snow up here. Resorts and pistes below 1700m may well be a different story.
snow conditions
Heading out to Le Lac on the 28th with a mate. He's looking to get a private snowboard lesson or two. Any recommendations of companies or independent instructors?
latest report
@Dibergio,

W/C will be busy due to French, English & Belgium holidays. best to pre book if you can.

ESF private lesson prices; €74 for 1.5 hrs 12.15-13.45, €182 for 3 hrs 09.00-12.00 This price is for the instructor so you can split the cost if there is more than 1 person.
latest report
This morning was quite bright with a rapid deterioration after lunch - had a 2 hour charge round and most areas were good to soft to use the horse racing parlance! Even at the top of the Col De Ves - about 2700m was soft at 11am - a result of warm temps overnight. It started snowing (ish) at 1430 and has been light or moderate since this will continue through the night - hopefully it will cool down. The snow is wet in the village and is nowhere near settling on the roads yet - I suspect it will be rain down at Brev. We are also sat in a cloud so its all a bit miserable!

The weather professionals are disagreeing at the moment over the forecast - its going to be a very mixed week but as a general stab tomorrow will start with light snow and then we may see the sun in the afternoon, it may also be breezy on high. Monday looks like being the best day with sunny periods, Tuesday it will start OK and then cloud over and the snow will start later. The snow will continue Wed and Thu and potentially it could be quite heavy - with a snow line down at 1600m - her's hoping Very Happy

Flying tomorrow should be fine from the UK - there is quite thick mist forecast around Lyon and Grenoble but not too thick to affect flying. Currently it is not forecast to be misty at Chambery - but if it drifts up there, there could be delays/diversions like this morning - I hope Tigski's No 1 daughter enjoyed her mystery tour of the regions airports this morning!
snow conditions
A grizzly night - but at least it turned to snow down the valley. It was still snowing gently early doors - but overall we can only claim 5-15cm of fresh depending on how high you go. It cleared up but a cold wind started to develop which eventually shut the top lifts on both glaciers. I had a late start and then met a friend down in Brev - where it was only just warm enough to sit outside with a coffee - jacket firmly done up. The snow on the way down was soft, if it freezes tonight I suspect it will be hard as rock in the morning. Just the odd stone starting to poke its way through on piste lower down and on the south facing slopes. Above 2300m the pistes are still in great nick.

Oh - if you notice a slight whiff on a chairlift it may be someone from Val living in a chalet. There is evidently a machine that sends a beep down the electricity supply wires to automatically switch the tariff to a cheaper night one. If this beep is not received then the tariff does not 'kick in' and hot water systems have not been operating. Anyway the machine that goes beep isn't! So lots of people have been facing cold showers.

The weather - tomorrow will be the nicest day of the week (probably). Sun with some fluffy clouds. It will gradually cool down during the week Very Happy and the weather will deteriorate through Tuesday with light snow in the afternoon and Wed should be snowy. After that the charts get jolly complicated - but expect showers and sun through Thursday - after that all bets are off but (and its a BIG but) the weekend could be very stormy and snowy. There appears to be a battle between a warm air mass to the south east and a cooler one to the north west - standby for further news.
latest report
Had an absolutely AWESOME week, one of the best ever. Great conditions all week and everything open. Even managed to do Piste L which I've never done before as it's always been shut. Sache was fabulous, we had the whole top section to ourselves! Face was great all week as well, no ice at all. The runs on both glaciers were excellent too. I am useless at off piste, I need some lessons.

As for apres, it's better than ever!

Loved the Cocorico, fantastic place. Everyone on the tables singing with a great view of La Face.

Mike and Ritchie were brilliant at the Moris, as always. Got everyone dancing and singing.

Only went to the Folie once, I think it's lost it a bit. It feels too enclosed now with the VIP area covered over and that big stupid tower they've built. The music wasn't as good either. Still, you have to go there just because it's there.

We went to see Ed from Mullitt at the Pacific Bar one night, that was great fun, and England v France at Le Coin yesterday was excellent - lots of friendly ribbing going on. Went to the Petit Danois another night, I'm less keen on that place. The bar staff are really rude and the music's s**t.

Oh, and what's happened to Cafe Face? Went in there and it had been taken over by Crystal for a quiz night, WTF? It was dead in there.

I love Val d'Isere and the EK, I really think it's the best ski resort in the world, it's got everything.
snow report
What a glorious day Very Happy Very Happy Lots & lots of sunshine and nice tempeartures Very Happy

I spent today working on the BRITS skier cross course, or more accurately sat on a rock, like a Marmotte, sunning myself Very Happy Some great racing but for all you skier cross fans no crashes wink

Not sure what the weather is going to do, sunshine or snow Puzzled but who cares, we will either get more of a sun tan or fresh powder Very Happy
snow report
Glorious day - but thankfully a bit cooler which has helped the snow. There few a few bits of cloud around - mostly upslope stratus but mostly over other resorts around the EK. As it is likely to be the only decent day this week the plan revolved an on piste (primarily) day with lunch at the Ouilette. But we did do Familial first thing on the way to La Daille and then the bus to Laisinant and Le Fornet. The resort is quieter this week so no queuing at all. The snow on piste up there is fab - off piste a little variable - to say the least. I did feel sorry for the guy whose rucksack got caught on the Cema chair as he went round upside down still attached Shocked The late lunch at Ouilette was great (as ever) and was nicely in the shelter from the light breeze - marvellous. A slow ski home afterwards.......

The weather is still unpredictable so I will stick with yesterday's - deteriorating tomorrow and then light snow overnight and snow (rain below the dam ish!) on Wednesday, Thursday will have sunny periods and the odd light shower, similar on Friday - the weekend storms seem to be passing us by in the latest forecasts Sad
snow report
Had a great week in Tignes last week. Alot of miles covered. Great resort. Stayed with ski val in Chalet hotel Alpaka Tignes. Although accomodation was perhaps dated, comfortable beds, lots of hot water, great public bar, excellent food and about 200 yards from toviere bubble so overall recommended. Highlights were the red run of the Lanches chair in Val Claret, the black run off hte top of Tignes glacier and OK and Orange in La Daile. Surprised at how reasonable food was around Tignes in terms of eating at the restaurants that are close to the pistes in Val Claret. A very good week even if we only got 10% of the promised snow
latest report
@dan100, Whose promise???? wink I heard a great story the other day - a client of a mountain guide in Cham was moaning the weather hadn't followed the forecast. To which he replied 'I generally find the weather is right 100% of the time!!'

Back to today - it gradually clouded over today - as it was coming from the south east it looked worse over Le Fornet and then Val - so we stopped in Tignes! There was a chill breeze aloft but quite warm in the village. There has been the occasional flocon in the village. The pistes are still generally in fine nick - if a bit soft and bumpy in the afternoon - not much sign of real slush yet - as the snow remains white. Grattalu area was busy with the Brits and the UK championships - a far few wanabees barging through the lift queues with little regard for anyone else. Evil or Very Mad

Meanwhile - over in Val they now have hot water again and 'ChipGate' has come to a conclusion. Le Cabane on the snow front - which sold chips and burgers has been ordered to close by the end of the season by the court in Albertville. Evidently it was operating against the planning permissions. At least the well heeled residents of the block behind will now be happy they can no longer smell chips.

The weather remains a tad unpredictable - the pressure charts are complex. But the best guess is later tonight and tomorrow are going to be snowy (mostly light) and a bit blowy on high - there is heavier snow to the east and west so this could change, the snow level will be somewhere near the Dam. Thursday will mainly be dull and sunny periods on Friday. After that it really depends on what happens to a ridge of high pressure just to the north of us - if it builds we will get little snow, if it collapses Sat into Sun could be quite snowy. Current confidence for Sat's forecast is only 2/5 so I could toss a coin or go for a beer instead..........the beer wins!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A grey old day in resort with very light snow most of the day. However, when I drove to Bourg it had stopped snowing by the time I got to the Dam and the daffodils were out in Bourg! Friends that were out reported a strong northerly wind - just a perfect day for odd jobs. Little else to say I am afraid.

The weather situation is still complex and unpredictable, and forecasts are conflicting for beyond the weekend. Tomorrow will be cloudy with the wind picking up through the evening, Friday will be a day of sunny spells - but they will be moving quickly across the sky - I suspect some of the higher lifts will be closed. Saturday should be better but as the lifts close it will start to deteriorate and we should have snow through Sunday - the main falls seem to be passing to the east of us unfortunately. After that it is pretty much all to play for - but Spring temps will return by Tuesday evening - the end of the week could be quite tropical. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
snow conditions
is Ste Foy east of you ? lol...clinging to hope. Track could change i guess.

if end of week is that warm, i think we ll be coming up to Tignes to ski....get a bit higher
latest report
meteox still going for strong precipitation although very much bordering the Tarentaise......but perhaps some will drift down

http://www.meteox.com/forecastloop.aspx?type=1#
latest report
We just finished a week in ste foy last Saturday and the pistes were immaculate, they had started midweek to pull out some snow stashes in the mid area to keep the slalom run covered at the bottom but other than that everywhere was really good, but getting very soft on home runs by midday. All slopes were refreezing by about 19:00hr so they were able to get it all corduroy again each night, think it's a bit north of Ek.
snow report
Funny old day again! We woke up in the gloom, but a quick check of the webcams told us the sun was not far away. The cloud around Le Lac then cleared up a bit and let the cat out of the bag which meant the Glacier was very busy. There was a few cm of new snow up there - enough to make some pretty lines for a camera but not enough to call it freshtracks! Evidently, there was more snow up in Le Fornet (again) but was quite heavy in consistency. The clouds kept Val in cloud all day and they have now reappeared in Le Lac - and some of them are very thick. The inmates at Chez Chocks have just returned and said they were skiing from pole to pole around the Folie and parents were screaming for lost kids Shocked

Not sure what they were delivering but one of the local helos was delivering underslung loads up to the glacier - he was flying aggressively and suspect one or two people might have had a shock or two as big bags of something flew towards them.

Never start with an apology - right? Well sorry the weather situation is incredibly messy, we may get a bit of snow overnight and early tomorrow and then it will clear up - but it will be windy at height. Saturday will start sunny be quite windy and then cloud over and deteriorate overnight. Sunday looks quite snowy - and it appears to be coming much close to us than yesterday - as its from the North @stefoy4me, that 10km between us and you could make quite a difference but the rain snow level will be close to 2000m, same on Monday. There then follows a battle of warm air to the south and cooler air to the north with differing weather - but frankly I would have to borrow Mystic Megs kit to try and forecast which way its going to go. The Jetstream does seem to be working north very slowly so I suspect spring may not be that far away.....
ski holidays
chocks....should be ok down in SF.............just about!!!

France

The rest of today (Friday) will see cloud gradually breaking up across the northern Alps to allow some decent spells of sunshine. The southern Alps will be generally clearer. Freezing levels will be between 1400 and 1700m.

Saturday should be mostly dry, but cloud will thicken across the northern Alps with a little rain possible in the far north later (snow 1800m).

Sunday will be mostly cloudy with rain or snow (1500-1700m), becoming heavy in the northern Alps later in the day. The far southern Alps should remain dry with variable cloud.

Monday will see further heavy rain/snow (1500m) in the north, dying out later.
latest report
Well it was windy (both glaciers were effectively shut) but the clearance has only started to happen this afternoon - we had a few cm dusting late in the night - but in some areas I suspect we had some rain as the slopes even up Grattalu had a hard layer just beneath the new stuff. The morning was spent chasing the odd sunny spots around - without much success and the conditions were quite tricky at times. At least it was quite cool which hasn't pinched much of the snow.

Oh - a couple of mentions from last night - at about 6pm we had a rescue practice from the Palafour chair lift - always good to see them refreshing the skills - but it obviously tales a while - one good reason for carrying a space blanket in your jacket. The other 'event' happened whilst I was watching through the window - it is quite clear that some people do not look up from a hotel balcony when they come out for their tonic water, it is also clear that ladies of a certain age and size really ought to know better than to wear a g string Shocked

And to the ever tricky topic of the weather - it will improve through the night and tomorrow should be nice if breezy (but not windy) some showers may arrive after the lifts shut. Sunday will be yucky - it will be precipitating all day (maybe a bit on and off), it will be windy and the snow line will be just below Le Lac so you ay get damp on the first lifts out of St F!! Monday will be mainly showery - and the snowline will move up the hill a bit Sad . Tuesday and beyond is all a bit sketchy - but there will be showers, sunny periods and quite a bit more wind. The boundary between the hot Mediterranean air and cooler air to the north has thankfully moved a bit (and only a bit) further south - so more normal temps for the time of the year - however I would not put my shirt on that bet.

On behalf of the pisteurs in Val - please do not follow others tracks without knowing where you are going - 9 people had to be helicoptered out of the Gorges de Malpasset yesterday. The gorge is unpassable but people do ski down and then skin out which lulls people into a false sense of security - despite all the signs.

On the roads tomorrow - pretty much as last week with 20000 going down and 23000 coming up. Small jams in the usual places unless everyone leaves at once - like last Saturday - if leaving I would be at the Dam by 8.

For those in the air tomorrow it is safe to say that it will be 'orrible in the UK - so a good time to come on holiday! It will be rainy, misty and windy in Leeds, Brum and London - if the mist gets any worse than forecast there could be the odd delay as low vis procedures are enforced (which slows down the arrival and departure rate). North of these cities it will be very windy with gusts so expect a bumpy ride - looking at wind directions it should be just about within landing limits - but if there is a harsh squall there could be the odd wait at the stand of a hold or two in the air. Don't forget the easter eggs (and that the clocks change on Sun AM!)
snow report
A glorious morning - but the sentinels of doom could already be seen on the horizon - the clouds approaching from the north-west. We set off for Le Fornet on mostly great pistes - as the morning progressed the wind started to pick up so I elected to come home and as I came down Trolles the sun disappeared - I was only about 30 secs from the bottom Cool . The deterioration has continued and it has just started snowing....

Again the weather is complicated and forecasting the timing of the various fronts is going to be difficult. Tomorrow is going to be windy -a feature of the next few days - at times there will be gale force winds in the week - especially Monday and Tuesday. There will be light snow initially in the morning and then it will be heavy through the night. Monday there may be sunny spells - but it will all be irrelevant if the wind is as high as forecast. After that there will be more snow, more sunny spells and wind - but to give the timing would involve invoking the God's and the sacrificing of many virgins. The snow line will also be moving up and down in the showers - it will be mostly snow up here in Le Lac but we may see some rain showers - if you are lower than 1800m expect a lot more rain......
snow report
Looks like a wild few days out there - good luck! Shocked snowHead
snow conditions
@red 27, Ta! I forgot the airport weather - UK showery and very windy - fasten your seatbelts tightly. Over here - just wet (but hopefully it will be all nice and white up here Very Happy )
ski holidays
@chocksaway, yes - these late season stroms are when Tignes comes into its own Toofy Grin
snow report
My place has looked like Widow Twankey's laundry all day - the last mates of the season have departed! The weather was actually better this morning and the GM was actually in sunshine - but I had a day of rest to watch cars going round in circles. It started snowing around lunchtime - but it has not settled on the balconies yet so I suspect that the rain snow line is not that far down the hill. However I suspect we are in for 20-40cm over the next two days - its going to be damp snow so that compacts a lot easier.

Sad news today that one of the elder statesmen of the village André Baudin has died at 87 - he spent 20 years as Mayor in two stints so I expect there will be a big send off later in the week. He was the founding father of the Hotel Aiguille Percée - now a Mark Warner hotel

The weather remains tricky - tomorrow will be very windy and snowy - with the rain snow line at about 1800m - I doubt whether much will be open. The bad news is Tuesday will be worse with gusts in Brev of over 100kph - but the rain snow line will drop in the evening - but that may well be too late for the very low resorts, the toxic combination of rain, warm temps over the next 2 days and the wind will play havoc with the snowpack below 1600m. Wednesday and Thursday will seen sunny periods and remain cooler and the wind should calm down a bit. After that it's astrology I'm afraid.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy