Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2014/15 (Useful Links Post 1)

Poster: A snowHead
DCG wrote:
@stewart woodward, I'll be there with Snoworks from 29th Nov so looking forward to seeing you and the team again. One question: how long does it take them usually to get the pistes ready? I assume that they'll start making artifical snow at some point if there's not been enough of the real thing, but is that a few days before opening or does it take longer to bash it from scratch?

How long is a piece of string Puzzled It's dependant on so many things, temperature, natural snowfall, ground temperatures etc.
The good news is that anything above 2700m is currently getting good natural snow and below is getting a mixture of snow & rain Sad If the temperatures were lower they would have already started 'making snow' but it is currently too warm below 2700m. Once they start making snow it doesn't take long to establish a good base which will last all season Very Happy

So basically we need colder temperatures along with the current precipitation.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Currently weather forecasting from the reception at the garage - 2 snow tyres on at home but two over torqued locking nuts after a servicing last week - so they can put them on Grrrrr!

More precipitation tomorrow with a freezing level around 2000m - so snow in the village. It will warm up Thu/Fri and be good for skiing and then another really unsettled day on Sat - again starting warm and then cooling off so hopefully more snow from village level up. Prospects for next week are currently promising with major precipitation on Wed and potentially a freezing level of 1600m so may even be snow in Brev. Lets hope so.

See you all out there in a fortnight.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Has there been any snow there last 2 days anyone know? According to forecasts was meant to be dumping since Sunday but looking at webcams doesn't appear like anything much happened.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There used to be a web page on the resort website that showed the status of the lifts but I can't find it anymore.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chocksaway wrote:
Currently weather forecasting from the reception at the garage - 2 snow tyres on at home but two over torqued locking nuts after a servicing last week - so they can put them on Grrrrr!

More precipitation tomorrow with a freezing level around 2000m - so snow in the village. It will warm up Thu/Fri and be good for skiing and then another really unsettled day on Sat - again starting warm and then cooling off so hopefully more snow from village level up. Prospects for next week are currently promising with major precipitation on Wed and potentially a freezing level of 1600m so may even be snow in Brev. Lets hope so.

See you all out there in a fortnight.

For clarity, I assume this means 2100m? Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@rjs, I fid the Tignes website difficult to navigate, but here is the lift staus page
http://www.tignes.net/en/skiing-in-tignes/ski-run-map-28.html
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@muppet,
Thanks for that. If we get a bit more early snow I will PM you. Cheers.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DCG, Thanks but that page looks as if it needs Flash which I don't have. I just want to know whether to get out of bed or not, my window faces the wrong way.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@rjs, try these

http://www.skiplan.com/bulletin/bulletin.php?station=tignes&region=alpes&pays=france&lang=en

http://www.tignesnet.com/lifts/status/live-piste-and-lift-status-in-tignes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mark1863 wrote:
@muppet,
Thanks for that. If we get a bit more early snow I will PM you. Cheers.

Currently snow in Le Lavachet Very Happy Very Happy

Lots of new snow on the glacier this morning with slight snow falls throughout the day Very Happy Hopefully tonight we will have lots more.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Clear skies, no wind, FRESH POWDER Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Come on lifts open now
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@stewart woodward, Pics plz Little Angel
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ALQ wrote:
@stewart woodward, Pics plz Little Angel

Sorry, forgot my camera Sad Sad

Just close your eyes, imagine a bluebird day, fresh snow, warm temperatures and turn after turn on prestine pistes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stewart woodward, I've been doing that for 6 months Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
me too lol
snow report
Who's been playing tyre draughts today on the courts in Le Lac ?

Love watching the village come to life at the beginning of the winter season.
latest report
Whatever you do, don't start on the webcams...it'll drive you nuts!! Sad
snow report
@ALQ, Don't care it gives us hope and focus for the season. snowHead

I'm sure I got more work done before webcams.
snow report
@muppet, I had to stop watching after I started swearing at folks going on MY snow Laughing
snow conditions
muppet wrote:
Who's been playing tyre draughts today on the courts in Le Lac ?

Love watching the village come to life at the beginning of the winter season.

They're properly battened down waiting for winter now aren't they? Tyres on the top of Tov too. At some point they normally fill that stream/ditch in by the half-pipe in VC as well.

Looks like the storm clouds are gathering today!

Very Happy
ski holidays
HoneyBunny wrote:

Looks like the storm clouds are gathering today!

Very Happy

Let's hope so. Only 2 weeks to go
snow report
Jolly snowy down to the village tomorrow, followed by showers Mon and Tue - with temperatures dropping. The freezing level will drop to around 1600m so snow below Brev (but not that much). Mid week looks relatively quiet but then a large amount of precipitation on Thu night and Friday - the only snag is there will be a battle between really warm air from the Med and cold air from the north. I wouldn't like to say which will win so it could be a resort opening dump or a very soggy end to the week (to even quite high levels).

Hope the queues on the glacier aren't any longer than lunchtime today!
snow conditions
@chocksaway, are you there now? we will be in Val d'Isere for opening week but will pop over to Tignes for Loop burgers
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, All being equal I arrive a week on Monday (depending on my cruise from Hull wink ). Loop Burger it is then - hopefully you can ski down by then and not have to come down in the Tov Gondy. PMs later methinks.
ski holidays
Val Claret still very green on this am's webcam rolling eyes - getting impatient now! Especially as still no sign of the resort run opening - it's often been open in the first week of Nov...
latest report
mountainaddict wrote:

Probably still a bit early to say, but beginning to wonder if the opening of Tignes/Espace Killy might be postponed... Puzzled

At the moment there is no chance of skiable pistes between and Tignes/Val D being open Sad There is no skiable snow below 2500m Sad and the little snow there is would quickly become skied out.

The good news is that last Thursday morning it was cold enough for the snow cannons to work for the first time this season Very Happy
snow conditions
Looks very cloudy in Tignes today as if it's about to snow a lot soon but the roads look quite wet as if it's been falling as rain this afternoon?
It will probably be all nice and white in the morning.
ski holidays
Winter has arrived Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Currently snowing hard & the poubelles have had at least 5cm coverage in the last hour Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
YEY!! snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

Will look forward to checking the webcams in the morning!

In fact, Val village is looking rather snowy tonight, having had a peek....

http://www.valdisere.com/valdisere/en/val_d_isere/webcams/office_tourisme

Let it now, let it snow, let it snow!
ski holidays
@HoneyBunny, Loving the Val Village webcam. Its also the only one I think that updates after 5/6pm to keep me going through the night.

Only 12 (and a few hours) sleeps Very Happy
ski holidays
https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10624821_10203683737232675_2114310186268758999_n.jpg?oh=236c721a71567e53efdc8dafb0a1c13e&oe=551D6A78

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
@stewart woodward, Check out this post. You can embed Facebook photos here....

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=112394&start=80#2604608

latest report
What a beautiful sight Very Happy. Val Claret looking a lot healthier this morning after that mass of green yesterday. I hope they'll put the snow cannons to use in the next few days before the freezing level rises as predicted by the end of the week. Come on, keep snowing!!
latest report
Very nice indeed. Looking at the top of Tovierre it looks as though it was blown about at altitude as the tyres are clearly visible. But it will put a spring in my step this morning.
ski holidays
Signs, tracks of wind on top of the Toviere
ski holidays
ppffffttt thats nothing compaired to the snow we have here in the uk rolling eyes
snow conditions
Hmmm it's all looking very soggy and melty at resort level now. Still need those temperatures to drop. People are skiing to the bottom of Double M though! Must be nice higher up.

Hopefully it won't long before we see a big enough fall of snow to properly transform the EK and kick the season off snowHead
ski holidays
Schnorrr wrote:
I hope they'll put the snow cannons to use in the next few days before the freezing level rises as predicted by the end of the week.

It is still too warm, +8 in Val Claret at 15:00 still +2 in le lac now.

Today was good on the glacier though, apart from the Rosolin lift keeping breaking down.
snow conditions
Cant wait to get out there in Feb now, watching the webcams is hell I dont know why I torment myself Sad
snow conditions
Mtaylor wrote:
Cant wait to get out there in Feb now, watching the webcams is hell I dont know why I torment myself Sad

Because you're addicted, just like the rest of us poor junkies....always staring at webcams looking for white stuff on the ground or falling from the skies. You keep wishing for cold weather whereas colleagues talk of sitting on beaches in the sunshine. Just as with other well known habits, it costs an arm and a leg but you just keep coming back for more once hooked Twisted Evil
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy