Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2014/15 (Useful Links Post 1)

Poster: A snowHead
kitenski wrote:
Is it snowing yet Dad?

Now then Son don't be cheeky! Sleet in Le Lac with the snowline dropping all the time Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like more snow tomorrow - hopefully the wind will drop too so people can go and ski. The freezing level seems to be averaging out at 1800-2000m over the next week so autumn seems to have arrived but still don't expect much snow in resort. Weather still unsettled for the rest of the week and quite a lot of precipitation on Sunday (forecast confidence level medium). There will be another passage of weather in the middle of next week but the freezing level would appear to be going back up by Wednesday - its going to be a topsy turvey week.

Must fit my snow tyres - at least they won't melt in the UK now Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Poubelle monitor may be in action in the morning Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snow down in Val this afternoon Happy - OK so I could fart a greater volume of snow than whats fallen this afternoon, but snow is snow Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Poubelle monitor shows a big fat ZERO for snow Sad The snow line is about 2200m so the glacier should have improved if the wind hasn't blown all the snow away Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Little bit of light snow falling here in Les Boisses, and significantly less wind than yesterday. More info on lift opening at 8.30am, but hopefully will get on the hill today, even if there is a bit of a delay as they get the glacier ready after yesterday's storm.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
interesting the website says the funi is open so fingers crossed you get up there!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
looks like a bit more snow around but not as much as was forecast
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A few brave souls up there - give us a wave on the webcam!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Weather looks wet and horrible in Tignes/Val today, yuck! Hopefully the glacier's doing better.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks as though the snowline is dropping but not a lot to shout about. Further south seems to be benefitting.
If we get a reasonable amount the higher slopes should be covered until the spring.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
From today:

More photos here. Today was excellent Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rob@rar, Ever so slightly jealous Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ooo looks great! Is that Descent?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's all white & snowy in Tignes this morning. Looks like winter has arrived Very Happy Very Happy

The mountain tops are just showing through the clouds and with a forecast of sun above 3000m we could be in for a great day Very Happy
snow conditions
@stewart woodward, thats it rub it in!!! 7 1/2 weeks and ill be there Happy
snow conditions
Lovely above the clouds images on the webcams this morning.

snow report
@thefatcontroller, Thanks, just what I need to keep my mind focussed when im writing a year long programme Toofy Grin
snow report
@thefatcontroller, not jealous in the slightest.... Roll on 31st January!
snow conditions
Yipeeee
snow report
Beautiful!
snow report
Fantastic day in Tignes. The @thefatcontroller, pictures show just how great Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

10-20cm new snow & absolutely NO lift queues and so few people about. Very Happy
ski holidays
Snow quality was great today topped off by the sun making regular appearances
ski holidays
Twas nice today.

snow conditions
Fantastic conditions today and barely a queue on the mountain!

I drove over for a day of leg-loosening and making a few turns, but ended up going for a little walk too:

Almost like the Domes de Miage...

Bird's eye view of Tignes:

Doing the selfie 'thang':

Stunning views from the top:

And good powder on the way down...

And of course the obligatory Espace Killy Monoskier - seen here in 'I'm cool even when I'm riding the chairlift' pose...!

snow report
@offpisteskiing, I did wonder if those were your tracks!

It was as good on the Grand Motte today as I've experienced in November. Absolutely brilliant day.

latest report
@offpisteskiing,

But what was the best part of the day Puzzled

The Aspen Burger wink
snow report
@stewart woodward, hmmm tough call that one... Happy Possibly the banana milkshake!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another sunny day in tignes, shame about the lift queues.

Two brits fell down a crevasse, helicopter called in.
latest report
Ahhhhhh the Aspen burger - it must be winter. Looking at the long term forecast its going to be quite showery this next week. No sign of the early season mega dump that we are all hoping for but as they say at Tesco - every little helps (except profit forecasts). Now that there seems to be a few cm on the ground from about 2500m and up that should help as the ground will not be getting heated by the sun during the day. There's no sign of really high winds and after a bit of a rise midweek the freezing level is showing signs of creeping down the mountain to about 2000m so should be snow down to below Le Lac (although the forecast would not have to change significantly to smother the area in Mediterranean warm air). So if all goes to plan the poubelle monitor may well see some action from mid week onwards. Stand by your bed Mr W.
snow report
Little Martin wrote:
Another sunny day in tignes, shame about the lift queues

Must be the weekend skiers, there have been no lift queues all week Very Happy
ski holidays
Little Martin wrote:

I understand that they are Italians.
ski holidays
stewart woodward wrote:
Little Martin wrote:

I understand that they are Italians.

That's a big crevasse Shocked
latest report
Slightly overcast, a little cooler & slightly more wind this morning. A few flocons drifting about in the wind which will hopefully increase as the day progresses Puzzled

Lots of ski club vans in Val Claret so the glacier is going to be busy again. Hopefully everybody will stop on piste and be safe.
snow report
General forecast seems to be unsettled for the next week or so. These top ups and the slow cooling are just ideal for a good base
Pondering on an early trip to my fav resort. Lack of ski club of great britain leading holds me back. Skiing on one's own I want to avoid. But this November weather is an awful temptation.
latest report
Pissing it down on the way back to GVA. Hopefully falling as snow higher up

Was snowy and a touch windy on the glacier today, cable car was closed due to high winds so lift queues again an issue. Still we made the most of it and the aspen burgers were good.

Can't beat a preseason tune-up with insideout. Good to work the legs out a little, and with the coaching from the boys, everyone pushed forward even over 4 days. Plus added to that the friendly good value welcome from mountainsun in the melezes and your done

Note to self, put it in the diary for next year
snow conditions
Had my first aspen burger yesterday Smile

Back in the UK now, weather was good last week besides that last day, bit windy and visibility poor, we ended up doing laps of roslin which had better conditions.
latest report
Conditions last week were about as good as I've had at this time of year. It was a sunny start to the week and the snow was generally good, although a bit thin in places. Tuesday saw a big storm blow through which closed the glacier but freshened piste conditions. Wednesday saw the glacier re-opened and awesome variable snow to blast through across all pistes. Thursday through Saturday was perfect weather, not too cold, little wind, and awesome piste conditions which were just perfect for pre-season training. Sunday saw the return of the weather, with moderate winds and a bit of snow through until the end of the day. During the week the glacier was amazingly quiet, but much busier at the weekend. Here's a short slideshow for those who want pictures not words...

https://vimeo.com/111406951
latest report
@Mark1863, Myself and my husband are staying in Val d'Isere (actually La Daille) from 28 Nov till 1 Dec and taking advantage of the "First Tracks" offer that the tourist board are running and always happy to meet up and ski with a fellow snowhead.

@rob@rar, Great slide show Thanks
snow conditions
@stewart woodward, I'll be there with Snoworks from 29th Nov so looking forward to seeing you and the team again. One question: how long does it take them usually to get the pistes ready? I assume that they'll start making artifical snow at some point if there's not been enough of the real thing, but is that a few days before opening or does it take longer to bash it from scratch?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy