Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

That warm feeling of buying the season pass...

Poster: A snowHead
Mmmh-hmmmm.

And ... relax...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you feel 3 times more relaxed if you have 3 (different ones!)? wink

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 24-09-14 17:13; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
L2A haven't even released their prices yet Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Serre Che released theirs at the end of July with a special offer to buy by the end of August.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You have until October 3rd to get a discounted Alpe d'Huez one. 559€ (£440 ?) for 06/12 to 25/04 with 5 days LDA, 3 days each in Serre Che, Mongenevre, Puy St. Vincent and the Milky Way. No Alpe Du Grand Serre though which is a bit annoying, SATA the lift operators have been slung out by the village, report by Davidof on Piste-Hors here :-

http://pistehors.com/little-big-station-23514322.htm
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just got the notification for my main season ticket, going on sale on 17th October. Over 2500 Kms of piste lift-served skiing in Salzburgerland and across the border in Eastern Tirol! All for a measly 593 € Starts 8.11.2014 and finishes 3.05.2015! snowHead snowHead Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Samerberg Sue wrote:
Just got the notification for my main season ticket, going on sale on 17th October. Over 2500 Kms of piste lift-served skiing in Salzburgerland and across the border in Eastern Tirol! All for a measly 593 € Starts 8.11.2014 and finishes 3.05.2015! snowHead snowHead Toofy Grin

Well jealous, a girl can dream.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hmmm, may have to look at moving to Austria instead if France in the future! snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
Somewhat different to the 3Valleys pass at €1,215!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
macgyver, Last year I had both the Salzburgerland Super Ski season pass and the Tirol card for less than the cost of the 3 Vallies season card. So most of the Austrian ski resorts for the ridiculously "expensive" sum of 1100 Euro! This year I'll only be buying the SSSC because an operation to reconstruct my rotator cuff will mean only pootling skiing and keeping away from the crowds. Next year though I'll be back to buying the pair again. wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My Espace Diamant pass will arrive in the post any day now - €395, with a big discount for early purchase and a small discount for being elderly. A good price - though we don't have the big lift-linked area of the 3 Valleys or enormous range of resorts in Salzburgerland. 200 kms of lift-linked piste is enough for me though, especially as we also have one of the best cross-country areas in Europe, which I enjoy more each year and is included in the pass. I can travel easily to Les Contamines etc if I need a change and even with some discounted days there, I still reckon I get good value. I'll be there much of the season, other than the four weeks of the French school holidays.

But meanwhile I'm enjoying the autumn - another lovely morning here. I'll be doing some walking in the Alps next month and hopefully some more sailing in the UK. I am content to wait for winter, and work on getting back up to fitness after my knee op. As I get older I'm making a conscious effort not to "wish my life away".
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bog off the lot of yews Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

not to "wish my life away".

+1

Jealous that you get XC included. Chamonix doesn't and although only an additional €60, it still niggles.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Grand Massif season is Euro 475 adult or Euro 275 Child (5 to 17) if before 10th december

they usually add a deal on insurance and summer access if needed
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bah, I'm still skiing on last year's 'season' pass NehNeh
latest report
The 4 Vallees pass discount 'window' has been delayed because of all the hoohaa. I think the 12.5% discount runs till 15th October then it drops to 10% for another couple of weeks or so.
ski holidays
carroz wrote:
Grand Massif season is Euro 475 adult or Euro 275 Child (5 to 17) if before 10th december

When do they usually go on sale for GM? I know I won't be going out there for a few weeks but I can't wait to buy mine.
snow report
897sma, usually mid october

all here

http://hiver.grand-massif.com/les-tarifs

the season pass bit is still set on last years info
snow conditions
carroz, Thanks, i'd seen that but there wasn't any indication of when they're going on sale.

I've been checking every week as I am soooo excited about going Very Happy I know I won't get there any sooner by buying the pass now....but you know...
latest report
Gits. No season pass for me this year :sob:
snow report
under a new name, you pay nothing for cross country at this end of the Alps - why do you have to pay for it in Chamonix now? I didn't used to pay way back when I was in that neck of the woods, we often went out on the cross country skis when we felt the weather was too shoite to enjoy the hills.
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, I have no idea. But you do have to pay and they do check. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, in our area, there is a "main entrance" to the XC area, which you need a pass to get through. You could cheat and hike into it from elsewhere of course, but I don't think many people begrudge the rather modest charge for a lot of well-prepared pistes and other facilities. There are also a few of the alpine lifts which can be used with a XC pass, including one long drag which gets you up to the top of the domaine with rather less exertion than hiking up. Cheating, maybe. wink
latest report
Samerberg Sue wrote:
under a new name, you pay nothing for cross country at this end of the Alps - why do you have to pay for it in Chamonix now? I didn't used to pay way back when I was in that neck of the woods, we often went out on the cross country skis when we felt the weather was too shoite to enjoy the hills.

Grooming, track cutting & warming huts/toilets? Someone has to pay for that even if its local taxpayers.
snow conditions
under a new name, we have the same grooming, maintenance, etc going on as well but the use of the prepared trails, classical or skating is free. In one of my favourite areas there is a roaming coach who also helps you sort out any technique problems. The costs are covered by the Tourist Taxes I presume. We don't pay for parking either, so it is a totally different mindset to earning income from visitors. The communities gain their income by providing good facilities in terms of other infrastructures, and the visitors just keep coming back. We only have cross-country skiing here in my village these days as there is no winter use of the lifts any more. All the loipe are prepared and groomed by local farmers, and it is all gratis, but our car parks cost 2 Euro for a day so visitors either pay for that or they just walk to the nearest point on the trail they want to use like we locals do!
snow conditions
Dave of the Marmottes, I don't begrudge the economics, just why it's not on the lift pass.
ski holidays
No parking charges in Serre Chevalier, but the XC season pass is 57€
snow conditions
I paid to ski xc in chamonix, also in the places in Italy and Switzerland I xc skied. Could defiantly do with a coach Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

so it is a totally different mindset to earning income from visitors.

just a different way of funding the facilities, really - the visitors have to pay, one way or another. I guess most resorts have a mix of attractions and facilities which are entirely paid for by those who use them (downhill lift passes, ski lessons, lunch?) and those entirely paid for from general taxation (e.g. the Saturday night welcome drinks and all the Christmas and other festivities, free car parks, public toilets) and some mixed - I imagine most public swimming pools and "wellness centres" (horrible expression) are partly subsidised from general taxation, as well as charging users a fee.

There was a big argy-bargy in Les Saisies when they introduced paid parking in the main village street but from my point of view it 's a boon. It means that outside the peak holiday weeks you can usually park your car very close to the lifts and ski school meeting place, which is particularly useful if you are juggling small children. Charges are pretty low but the French hate paying for parking and there are big free car parks for those who don't want to pay and don't mind a slightly longer walk. If parking in the most convenient spots was all free they'd be full by 0730 and you'd not get a space all day long. Outside the main village centre all parking is free and even in the main street you can park for 15 minutes free - long enough to pop into a shop.
snow report
carroz wrote:

Thanks for this! After some searching and deliberation we've decided that we'll get them for the GM this year.
snow conditions
Bought mine for L2A today, 630€ (30% off full price) before 2nd November!

That includes Toussaint although I won't be there for that.

A couple of free days in La Grave again (last year it was discounted prices) as well as the others
- 10 days in l'Alpe d'Huez
- 3 days in Serre-Chevalier
- 3 days in Montgenèvre
- 3 days in Puy Saint Vincent
- 3 days n Sestrière

and bizarrely 1 day in Flaine which is miles and miles away Shocked
latest report
Claude B, you doing the same as last year? Looking forward to the reports already.....
snow report
jbob, Lindsay at tracks trails. Awesome. I may have co. name wrong will correct in a.m.
snow conditions
under a new name, thanks that could be one of mrs jbobs Christmas boxes sorted.

BTW The unlimited chamonix pass which includes les Houches, Courmayeur, top ticket etc. was 910 euro.
ski holidays
dobby, Yes very similar, it actually works out one week more than last winter Happy
snow report
Just bought the family ski passes for Evasion Mont Blanc before I forget and miss the early season discount. Eur 2200 for the four of us including carte neige. I kow that is cheaper than some places but still chunk of change. Still, feeling very happy - first season pass since I worked a season in 1993/4 Very Happy Like the fact we get three day passes for Chamonix / PdS / Grand Massif etc thrown in
ski holidays
jbob, Lindsay Cannon, http://tracks-and-trails.com/
snow conditions
under a new name, thanks a lot.
snow conditions
Just bought my season passes for Grand Massif. Never been so pleased to spend money...can't wait
snow conditions
Stuck in the same place all season? I think not.. Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy