Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski resorts closest to Zeebrugge

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. I'm getting the ferry to Belgium for February half term next year (due to ridiculously expensive flights) and wondered if anyone knows where I can go for a decent weeks skiing?

I know I can head down to the Geneva area in around 8 hours, but does anyone know of anywhere closer? Doesn't need to be a huge resort as the children are only young and learning, but somewhere child friendly and hopefully going to have snow in February??

Thanks all for any help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
audi321 wrote:
Hi all. I'm getting the ferry to Belgium for February half term next year (due to ridiculously expensive flights) and wondered if anyone knows where I can go for a decent weeks skiing?

I know I can head down to the Geneva area in around 8 hours, but does anyone know of anywhere closer? Doesn't need to be a huge resort as the children are only young and learning, but somewhere child friendly and hopefully going to have snow in February??

Thanks all for any help.

Switzerland or Germany is your best bet. February half term and Geneva in 8 hours when Dutch and Belgians are all driving to the Alps as well - dream on... 10-12 hours is more realistic. Im based in Belgium and few years back went to Apls during the Belgian half term - traffic jams started well before Luxembourgh and continued till final destination.... Best time among our group was 12.5 hours, others took 14-16 hours ... All left at diffrent times. Not looking forward to this february's drive .....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mmmm, fair enough then. Where in Switzerland or Germany then is going to be reasonable to drive to?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
audi321 wrote:
mmmm, fair enough then. Where in Switzerland or Germany then is going to be reasonable to drive to?

Swiss Alps - almost anywhere, Bernese Oberland region for example. As for Germany, do not know much about it, Zugspize maybe
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Google it and j2ski usually pop up with lists of places
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
closest in the Alps is probably somewhere like Engelberg, although there's the Vosges and Schwarzwald that are closer. But a little more driving brings in pretty much half of Switzerland, Vorarlberg, probably quite a few in France too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers guys. I've tried j2ski but it brings up hundreds, most of which are little tiny things with 2 or 3 drag lifts.

I will look at the German resorts but they're not very high and I don't want to risk no snow if I can drive another hour or so and get a much higher resort in Switzerland

Thanks again chaps
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy