Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inside Out Pre-Season Tune-Up Tignes Nov 2014

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone else going ??

I'm doing the long weekend Wed - Sun.

I'm booked on the 15:05 Wed 05 Nov BA flight from Heathrow-Geneva, return 20.55 Sun 09 Nov. I've upgraded to business class using avios points, price difference was a couple of quid compared to normal flight cost.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah but I'll only be passing you at Geneva on my way home Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I won't be going this year as I've just had a knee arthroscopy and won't be fully rehabbed. But I've been in the past - good value and and great fun to get on the snow so early in the year. Just be prepared for some pretty fierce weather - not unusual for it to be fierce enough to shut all the lifts, with no skiing for the day.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Little Martin, currently looking into long weekend myself. Had hoped to fly from hometown bristol, but not possible so now looking into both heathrow & gatwick options. Waiting to hear from mountainsun re transfers so that I can book most appropriate flights
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Considering it, not yet decided.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
nickH, transfers are around 7pm - 7.30pm from geneva, and 4pm leave tignes - there wasn't many flights to pick from coming back, so went for 8.55 just in case, there's a slightly earlier one but wanted to add in times for any delays due to weather.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tempted..........
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Little Martin, great, thanks for that, will now look into the flights
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
going for the long weekend. will sort flights later - last year there was a c. 14:00 from LHR which go you into GVA in time for a couple of sherberts before the bus to tignes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi bertie bassett, have also pencilled myself in for the long weekend, currently looking at Swiss flights from LHR
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'll probably book the lx353 out and the 358 back on the Sunday. Note you need the economy flex fare to get the ski carriage.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Or pay for luggage... Which I think is cheaper Eco Flex has additional "benefits".

Little Martin, I'm a little curious why you upgraded. No tangible benefit to me... Other than priority security and lounge access?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name wrote:
Or pay for luggage... Which I think is cheaper Eco Flex has additional "benefits".

Little Martin, I'm a little curious why you upgraded. No tangible benefit to me... Other than priority security and lounge access?

2nd bags FOC (e.g. skis?)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
free drinks/snacks in the lounge apparently Smile
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ah yes, bertie bassett, that would perhaps be useful.

Little Martin, on a "points per pint" basis, those would seem to be expensive snacks...
latest report
Just saw this thread and to let people know the MidWeek and Full Week courses are full with a couple places on the Long Weekend still available, but we have a few thinking about it so please contact us if you wish to book
ski holidays
bertie bassett, now reserved with mountainsun and inside out. seems transfer on the 5th not until about 19.30 so went for flight LX355 which gets in 17.05. decided any earlier than that might mean a little too long in an airport bar !! also went for LX 358 for the return which should tie in well with the transfer.
any recommendations for airport parking ?
snow report
Reserved with Inside-Out, ringing Mountainsun tomorrow Smile
snow conditions
KenX, have pm'd you
latest report
under a new name wrote:
Ah yes, bertie bassett, that would perhaps be useful.

Little Martin, on a "points per pint" basis, those would seem to be expensive snacks...

That depends..............
latest report
LX355 out and LX 358 back now booked Smile Smile Smile
ski holidays
Any idea what the skills or performance options are?
I asked in the comments section on the booking form and Insideout said that would be sorted on arrival........
latest report
If anybody is 'thinking' about this, JFDI. INside Out rock Very Happy
snow report
KenX wrote:
Any idea what the skills or performance options are?
I asked in the comments section on the booking form and Insideout said that would be sorted on arrival........

Not sure what you mean KenX? They usually group you by ability then take a look at how you ski if you've not skied before with them and take it from there....

Ref your other thread about what skis to get, Scott or Rob will happily talk skis over a beer or on a chairlift, even better when they've seen how you ski!!
ski holidays
Dunno, there were 2 options, skills or performance..........
I probably need both looking at!
latest report
KenX, ah ok, I am sure one of the iOS boys will be along soon to clarify Smile
ski holidays
KenX, delighted to have you on board for this trip. The Skills and the Performance options are just an indication of the ability level of the coaching group (we also ask for everyone to give a broad indication of their ability level and their skiing experience) so we can work out the best level for everyone. We can make changes when we've seen everyone ski if necessary, but normally the groups work out OK based on us knowing most of our clients, and the info provided by those who are skiing with us for the first time.
ski holidays
Cheers for that Rob!
I'm happy to fettle both my on and off piste skills (?), are both covered or does one choose which one for the duration of the course?
Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else 😀
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
KenX, our pre-season coaching is on-piste only as the only terrain that is available is glaciated so heading off the marked pistes would be outside of our remit (as well as not very sensible once you have seen some of the crevasses. We will work on technical skills to help everyone get their skiing tuned up for the start of the winter season. The different levels of group means we can better match the level of development to the experience of the skier.
snow report
rob@rar, Very Happy
latest report
Last time I was there you even had to avoid the crevasses on the drag.
ski holidays
Best not take the snow blades then!
snow report
Got my answer on skills/performance, skills is level 6/7, performance is level strong 7+, all on piste due to crevasses on the glacier requiring a mountain guide not a ski instructor Smile

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 27-09-14 20:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
KenX, you'll have a great time, enjoy it Smile
snow report
kitenski,
I'll do my best!
snow conditions
Hi all, we have just added a third coach for this trip and now have additional places available on the the mid week, weekend and full week courses give us a shout if your are interested, gonna be fun snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Can't wait Smile
snow conditions
Hmmmmmm
snow conditions
ansta1, is that a hmmm I am thinking about it Wink
snow report
I can't make this this year unfortunately - but a great time and learned loads over the weekend last year.

I hope everyone who's going has a really enjoyable time!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy