Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

February 2015 skiing in Europe - eek

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just had some blurb from a ski company and in it it says that "almost all of Europe has the same school holiday period in February 2015". Thought I'd mention it as resorts may be filling up quickly. Apologies if this has come up before, but I've not been on here for a while.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You've also posted this in the off piste forum, which you probably didn't intend.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maybe because most of the other parts of the forum are full of people wondering how to cope with half term and avoid the big prices and bigger lift queues. wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bambionskiis, I'd have thought that was normal most years?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=107562

Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry Serriadh - definitely didn't mean it to go here. This is however the only time I will be on the off piste part of the forum, except to ask how the hell people do it! Mad/brave, mad/brave, mad/brave? My jury is out, although respect for those who have the stomach for it!!! So true Pam, prices are eye-watering and I don't even want to think about queues. We tried Norway last year which was great skiing and hardly any queues. We're going to Finland this time - should be interesting.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bambionskiis wrote:
This is however the only time I will be on the off piste part of the forum, except to ask how the hell people do it! Mad/brave, mad/brave, mad/brave?

I've generally felt much safer off piste than on a busy, icy piste in high season!

bambionskiis wrote:
We're going to Finland this time - should be interesting.

That's a pretty unusual choice. Bit chilly and low-lying, no?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some good skiing though. My mates had a great time there, so much snow they could almost ski off piste on piste Laughing I've skied Sweden in Åre and loved it so Scandinavia and the northern climes have a hell of a lot to offer.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
Bit chilly and low-lying, no?
We skied x2 Swedish Arctic Circle resorts in a March short break one year (Bjorkliden and Riksgransen). Not sure if it was typical (and I forget exactly how cold other than minus 20-something Celsius) but it was more like the Alps in a very cold January. We ended up buying hand warmers and wearing about four layers.

However, the skiing was excellent and the snow was packed powder - we had a fantastic time. A totally different experience to the Alps.

Altitude was seemingly irrelevant so far north - everywhere was a beautiful, deserted, winter landscape of snow, ice and massive reindeer herds. The mountains are very similar in appearance to the Scottish Highlands - very similar (ie low) altitudes too. The roads were all completely ice covered (and virtually deserted) away from the towns - our hire car had studded tyres, which was a first for us.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
^ this. Inside the Arctic circle is where it's at. Northern lights for an evening's entertainment, too snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy