Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2014 - 2015

Poster: A snowHead
4 hours and counting wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Officially finish work tonight but probably actually finish work tomorrow just in front of leaving for 18.00 Chunnel. Fingers crossed and hopefully not tempting fate we could be in 1950 this time Saturday (or at least the Super U in Bourg). Safe journey to everyone travelling down this weekend
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In Arepttee having lunch. Disturbed morning by having to work at 11am on a conf call. Made extra effort to be on 1st lift to get 8 miles of quick boarding so sat on the call all smug. Sadly was only a dusting last night but the temp did drop which was equally important. More later but conditions very nice.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep finish at 4 today - packing tonight - leaving tomorrow at 5 ish
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.meteoexploration.com/forecasts/La-Plagne/

Snow starting Sat evening and then all through to a big dump overnight Sunday.

Should set things up very nicely thankyou.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Great day boarding today. As above, up and out 1st lift. Up Bois, down Arpette, back up again and down Arpette again. Snow was lovely, think we could say we got 1st tracks. Down from Arpette via Lac run to Marmotte lift, up that then Arcabulle and long run back to apartment in 2000 and all that by 10.30am. Got work at 11am, so needed to prep, all finished by 11.45 so back out again.

Up Bois, scooted over to 1600, did Mont Blanc and then Arolles, conditions over in 1600 were very good, soft down low but not slushy. Stopped in Arpette for a quick lunch. Back down into bowl after lunch via Arpette and lac. Up Marmotte and down to Varet. Top of Varet was truly amazing, photos below. Sadly it meant the bowl had now become a fog and cloud ridden hell hole. Went back up Plagnettes and did that run back into bowl. It was carnage, you could barely see past your nose. Gave up and went to the bubble bar. Knackered by this point, we had done about 25 miles of boarding. Great fun and yes we can boarddddddddd Toofy Grin

Conditions overall were good, a dusting from last night and by afternoon slopes were soft but not slushy. Think more snow due next week so for end of March conditions are great. Last day tomorrow, so skiing mostly likely. Very cold tonight so not sure frozen snow is good boarding conditions.

Bit behind on photos so bear with

Yesterday afternoon. All cloud but very little to show for it. Transarc looking up at Grand col

Plagnettes down to 2000

Today. dealing with the crowds heading into 1600.

No apologies for the next few. Privileged to walk of Varet and be above the clouds.

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowHead lovely cloud photos; as long as you're above it. wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@pam w, Yes in them was interesting Skullie uphill, downhill and the slope all disappeared.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
wow - stunning photos. I've never seen anything quite so defined and dense as that in terms of an inversion (if that's the word)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That moment when you wake up on your last morning in Arc 2000, look out the window and see it's snowing and heavy and it wasn't forecast. BOOM!!! Boarding again today. Enjoy work y'all. (via SMS)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Easing off slightly now but nice unexpected surprise.... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@thefatcontroller, have a great day.
We arrive next week, so here's hoping it manages to stay. But we're grateful for anything falling now, it has to help slow down the effect of the melt.
What's it like getting over to Peisey? - I'm trying to work out whether to get a paradiski pass for the 13 days: but we've friends out all week 1 who won't be able to take advantage of it so I'm wondering if there's enough base around to last until week of April 11th
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Arctic Roll, we went across Tuesday and it was fine just very soft. If you are in no rush on passes I would wait.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just getting onto the tunnel. No obvious delays.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Arctic Roll, Check out if they are doing deals - we got Paradiski passes for the price of the local pass.

Packing now - well, about to start soon - thinking about starting soon - trying to decide if I should bring winter gear, summer gear, or both!
latest report
Bit a quick dash, posting and trying to pack, heading up to Geneva this afternoon, staying there tonight as opposed to a 4am start tomorrow. Lovely day today, quite cold, about 5cm top up above 1900m last night but every cold everywhere which was good for snow maintenance. Got some very early tracks on Arpette, went all over on our baords. even did glacier on boards for 1st time. Every-time we do glacier I moan after, not sure it is worth it if heading back into the bowl. Worth it if heading to Villarogier but couldn't today, anyway it ticked a box. some photos

On Arpette chair this morning, soem dark clouds around

Looking up Arpette chair

Bottom of Lac

Top of marmottoe cahir

Glacier looking down on 2000

Conditions overall great, we have had 2 weeks out here this year, been fab, boarded about 70% of the time Shocked Never thought we would post that 4 years ago. Laughing

Safe trip out anyone travelling.
snow conditions
Pending wrote:
@Arctic Roll, Check out if they are doing deals - we got Paradiski passes for the price of the local pass.

Packing now - well, about to start soon - thinking about starting soon - trying to decide if I should bring winter gear, summer gear, or both!

I'm packing too - where did you get your Paradiski deals from?

Trying to decide whether to move our Monday lessons to Wednesday (free day - we were going to go over to La Plagne) - spoke to the ESF lady at 1600, and her view was the weather might not be too bad, but we could wait till Sunday and change it then if we wanted to?
latest report
Very interested in conditions at the moment. About to invest in next years family trip of 5 in Easter holidays, 10th April 2016. From observation this year, it hasn't been fantastic snowfall, but sounds like this far, conditions in 2000 would still be fine for a first ski trip with the family....my boys are currently learning at Hemel Snow centre, and I fully expect to be able to do the easy runs round 2000 when we visit. Thou I expect I will miss the runs down into Peisey at that time of year.

So, anyone had experience in 2000 for that last week of the season... Is it generally 'ok' ?
snow report
Very interested in conditions at the moment. About to invest in next years family trip of 5 in Easter holidays, 10th April 2016. From observation this year, it hasn't been fantastic snowfall, but sounds like this far, conditions in 2000 would still be fine for a first ski trip with the family....my boys are currently learning at Hemel Snow centre, and I fully expect to be able to do the easy runs round 2000 when we visit. Thou I expect I will miss the runs down into Peisey at that time of year.

So, anyone had experience in 2000 for that last week of the season... Is it generally 'ok' ?
snow report
@Pejoli, we got the deal when we booked the apartment on the official Les Arcs site
latest report
Ah right, I looked at those, but as we're flying back late next sat, we wanted 7 day tickets - they were only available for 6, and the numbers didn't quite work.
latest report
There is a site that allowed you to get cheap Saturday and Sunday tickets. Will dig it out.
ski holidays
http://www.samedijeskie.com/

ski holidays
Mixed day today, after about 2cm new snow last night; this morning was bright but cloudy, this afternoon cloud came in; snowing although slightly on wet side.
I really liked the red Malgovert Natur piste, down towards Arc 1600.
Down the blue Mont-blanc bottom of which was slightly hard packed piste.
Belvedere down to 1800 is in good condition.
This afternoon we stayed around main 1950/2000 area as didn't want to go too far with a 6 year old.

I've seen suggestions that tomorrow is again cloudy, possibly snow.
Wednesday due to be sunny.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 29-03-15 20:36; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
March 29. Back in Les Arcs at last! And it snowed a little last night. Enough high up to make it fun off the top of the Aiguille Rouge and down the Robert Blanc area towards Arc 2000 bowl.

We managed to find some fresh untracked snow and some steeper couloirs for a bit of training.

Then over to the Grand Col and as the weather started to get worse we headed to Arc 1950 for lunch.

After lunch with the clouds closing in and fresh light snow in the air we made for the trees of Malgovert, This area is always good in poor light so had a couple of fun runs down by different routes before all heading for home.

It is raining right now down in the valley and I hope snowing higher up. More to come tomorrow!

For anyone that is out. If you want to meet up and join in the fun! Send me a PM or see you at the top of the Arpette Chair AT 9.40AM

I have posted the photos for today in the March 2015 Album of my Les Arcs Winter page. Take a look. Remember to scroll towards the end of the Album to find todays photos.

https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums
snow report
Brilliant morning over in Le Plagne - Great snow above 2000. Snowing higher up, but got wet coming down to the Vanoise Express to get back to Vallandry. Raining steadily at Vallandry village level now.
ski holidays
Snowing right now below 1600 here in Courbaton with a dusting from overnight. Bodes well for higher up but it's looking like a murky day.

Managed to find a huge range of snow conditions yesterday - classic spring stuff. Good skiing until the clag really came down. Stuck close to 1600 due to child requirements, but still plenty to ski and good stuff top to bottom
latest report
Lots of new snow, up at 1950. Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow line exactly at Vallandry village level. Show at the top of the village, but clear at the bottom.
ski holidays
Stormy conditions today with many lifts closed or opening late. They say about 15cm up top, but wind very strong and blowing it everywhere. More to follow later.
snow conditions
What a great result for you Guys out there at the moment.... very jealous!!
snow report
A very wet morning, but really enjoyed ourselves. Nothing high is open, and it is raining below 2000. There is a lot of fresh (probably about 30-40 cm) above about 2000, but very heavy. Like english snow. Happy
ski holidays
Snow/rain line gradually moved up through 1600, but kept snowing above about 1800m I'd say. Lots of fresh up top, nice in places but gradually getting heavier as you go down. I enjoyed myself on a freshly covered Arolles, wife on her board less so... she likes a prepared piste! Kids happy but soggy - all gloves wetting through quickly. Think I'll go for the massive Level mitts if it's similar conditions tomorrow and hunt for some better wet weather bits for the kids. Already picked up a load of half price hats etc., definitely the time to be shopping... trying to avert my eyes from the expensive ends of the shops wink
snow conditions
allanm wrote:
What a great result for you Guys out there at the moment....
Puzzled
ski holidays
red 27 wrote:
allanm wrote:
What a great result for you Guys out there at the moment....
Puzzled

Well it sounds much improved since I was out...
latest report
Had a blast this afternoon. As others have said, very wet, but still really enjoyed ourselves.
Did a couple of laps of Squirrels. Labelled at the top as 'sheet of ice' And had the temprature been lower, it would have been difficult, but was actually 'sheet of slush', and a lot of fun.

Happy Days. Happy
latest report
We're based in 2000, and only Marmottes and Pre St Esprit open today, so we had enough of that by 2 pm. Soaked through, first time ever my salopettes let moisture through, but it was WET. The areas off the sides of the piste were fantastic, so I can't wait until they open up the higher areas. It's going to be amazing!
snow report
@Pending, glad it's going well. I'm hoping it gets colder of the next few days so there's some snow rather than puddles left for us on Saturday.

PS I've learnt today that the Wood Bear Cafe in 1950 also does gluten free stuff - another option for you to try at lunchtimes!
snow conditions
@Arctic Roll, ah brilliant, thanks. I suspect it might be a very long lunch today. Looking out from my balcony what is coming down now is sleet at best Crying or Very sad

Please let the temps drop...
ski holidays
Clearer this morning, but looks to be still windy; hopefully calmer than yesterday to allow more lifts to open.

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy