Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton to Nasserein

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi snowheads,

I would appreciate some assistance with the choice of base in the St Anton / Nasserein area. We are a group of 10 and will be skiing there for 1 week next January. 8 of the group are beginners to early intermediates hence they will be definitely staying at Nasserein - The accommodation is 100m from the nassereinbahn.

Then, 2 of us are higher intermediates that want to both ski hard and enjoy a beer or two after skiing. We are trying to decide whether to stay with the rest of the group or book a more central accommodation next to the Galzigbahn. Can someone who has been at this area before help us with the following two questions:

1) If we stay at Nasserein will it take us a lot of time to get to the Galzigbahn (on skis) so that we can access the more advanced pistes?

2) Is it easy to return to Nasserein after some apres skiing at St Anton, or will it involve carrying skis on shoulder for 20 minutes or more? (being able to ski back would be the best of course Smile ).

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just as easy, if not sometimes quicker, to acces from Nasserein than the Galzig end. There is a free bus that will take you from the Nasserein end to the main bus terminal at the Galzig end, or you can ski, depending on which direction you are heading.

Depending on how late you après you can get a bus back to the Nasserein if it's when they still run. Depending on snow conditions/time of year you can traverse across towards the wellness centre to reduce the walk (I have had friends who have climbed up from Taps/KK on to the Hopplweg back to Nasserein but it's not recommended as they had a close encounter with a metal cord attached to a piste basher...). Also possible to Après in Nasserein, eg Fanghouse or Kellar Bar (had some good nights there with live music last season).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd stay all together as a group if possible. I've only been once, so someone more experienced will confirm or put me right:

We were based nearer the Galzig end of town and strolled up to the Nasserein end a few times (in ski boots and street shoes). I recall that it's only about 10 - 15mins to walk between the two gondola stations (but that could be the beer talking).

I think if you apres in the KK or Mooserwirt you may be able to get across to Nasserein end without dropping in to town and walking (if you're feeling brave wink ).

IIRC it really isn't that far between the two and it's a straight road through.

This, of course, could be total bollux Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ahhhh, not complete bollux then Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Laughing nope, but does depend on where abouts in Nasserein you stay. Right up the top end where a few of the companies have chalets and it would take some time.

Fotoski, if you say what accommodation you are staying in, I can give you more info about the location, I've been in pretty much every UK run TO chalet at the Nasserein end, along with quite a few of the others elsewhere in St Anton if it's a chalet you're looking at, and know where hotels and what not are located.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks, all the above is helpful. I am staying at Haus Sonneneck.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It shouldn't be a great problem, depending how late you want to stay out apres-wise. The bus connections are good and if there's snow in resort level, you can ski lauf most of the way on the 'high road', much quicker than walking
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fotoski, As no one else has said it yet, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

And I would go with all the other recommendations to stay with the rest of your group in Nasserein, for the reasons already given. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nasserein no question - just a quick blat down the icy piste of death in the morning to connect to the Galzig chair.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We stayed near Nasseinbahn last year and it has a great location: First of all, it has generally less queue than Galzig early on. Second, when your start your day on the Gondola to Gampen, you can ski down to the next chair (Zammermoos) heading towards Galzig/Valluga lifts in a minute or three. If not, you can of course start your day at Kapall, but we regularily opted for Stuben/Valluga in the morning and doing Kapall near apres time. Also trying to avoid the craziness of Streissbachtal at 3.30. And if having a car, using that to a day out in Zurs & weisse ring easily beats walking to the skibus (and back!). Easy going. Adequate afterski in Fang (but of course nothing compared to Mooserwirth and that stuff).
So, Nasserein is a good spot.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sonneneck isn't a bad location, there's a bus stop almost right outside which the beginners might want to use when getting to the lifts/ski school meeting point to begin with. If the snow cover allows, you can get quite a way across the flat bit at the back by staying height and traversing from the top of the Nasserein button, and skate/pole towards the lift in the morning (the road can sometimes be a little treacherous in ski boots with ice and the slope).

Deffo go Nasserein-Zammermoos for accessing Lech/Stuben, quicker than heading to Galzig to join the queues there and you have enough height from the top of Zammer to keep going down to Arlenmahder or towards Schindler, where as with Galzig you'll need to take either Tanzboden or St Christoph.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy