Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SnoTREX anygood?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Has anyone been on a ski holiday with Snotrex?

They just seem realy cheap and wondering what the catch is.

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never been but i do know they are legitimate. Big German company, they are cheap but they don't include travel usually.

Also note the free lift passes are sometimes not valid for certain weeks so check that before you book.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, yeah its the lift pass thats so appealing, Im assuming its just one per group but still seems like a brilliant deal
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What makes you think it's really cheap?

You can see the lift pass prices on a ski areas website and find out apartment price rental prices. How much cheaper are they?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, we went with snowtrex earlier this year. We had a great week, excellent value for money. I did a trip report on it, sorry I don't know how to do links, but search for val d'Allos.

We've booked to go to val frejus with them this Christmas, a family of four including accommodation, lift passes, ski hire for c.£1200 iirc. It would have to be really bad to be poor value at that price!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We've been with them a couple of times - Val Cenis and Valmenier. Absolutely cracking value and the price is for a lift pass each. We only stopped using them cos they didn't go to the resorts we had our eyes on. Try ski.sunweb too - again cracking lift pass & accommodation deals. No travel included though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been twice to joue de loup and chamrousse, excellent value and if there's a catch I didn't notice it! Would def recommend. Chamrousse good as if you get cheap flights to Grenoble public transport from airport is only 15 euro or a taxi is about 90
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great, thanks for the info. If the lift passes are each then its remarkable. Theres one for a week for £165ish and the lift pass is worth £155! Think Ill be trying them out this season
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I just saw one with a cost from £135 with a lift pass worth £142? How do they do that?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They are based in smaller resorts and have agreements with the lift pass offices to be allowed to buy season passes for weekly use as they are bringing lots of trade to the resort if that makes sense.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good idea to book this evening at 5pm because they are having a "Crazy Bookings" night which could save you even more money! I've booked for Xmas already at Superdevoluy.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
not come across them before, just had a look at some prices and didn't seem that fantastic but I checked a mainstream resort. Is the secret to pick smaller places???
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
smaller places DO seem a lot cheaper.

Any thoughts on which of their smaller resorts would (in a normal year) still be good in early April?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
medlington,
Used them before..............very good; would recommend
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
They do have stuff for the bigger resorts:

http://www.snowtrex.co.uk/france/ski_deals.html

For La Plagne for example they have 13 accommodations. When I searched christmas week they have 10 options starting at £407pp stating lift pass up to £205 included.

To me they aren't mega cheap because that means they are charging you £800 for a 22 sq metre apartment.

I am just doing some similar maths for a smaller resort and I believe I can do it cheaper. The resort I am looking when 4 family members buy a lift pass you only pay for 3. And you can get a decent apartment for 400 Euros through the online resort booking system.

I'm not saying their deals are rubbish or that they are dodgy. Just that some of the examples I have looked just seem on par.
snow report
We've used them for two family trips to SuperDévoluy. No complaints whatsover.

Cheapo appartments and self drive, but for accommodation & lift passes for a reasonable size ski area at Easter in 2013 for a family of three in school hols coming in at £360... Pretty good if you ask me.

We did the same last year at half term - just short of £1000. Even allowing for tunnel/fuel/tolls/ibis there and back, I don't think we could have got vaguely close to that for three of us at half term.
snow report
Skied Davos/Klosters with them in March 2014 - unbeatable value, very well organised, really impressed. Customer service works well: had to change dates - no problem via email and minimal fee of 25 Euros. Highly recommend.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy