Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SkiWelt/Kitzbuheler Alpen Snow Weather Report 2014/15

Poster: A snowHead
If anyone is in skiwelt how are conditions around Westendorf at the moment?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
according to the German language forum :
Ki-West und Brixener Talabfahrt naja, der Rest optimal bis Perfekt.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
turms wrote:
der Rest optimal bis Perfekt.

Das ist der Hammer!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@joshua, There's pretty good cover in the area, but lower runs are thin (although well supported by snow cannons). We just need the temperature to stay low, and no rain when it does get a bit warmer.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@espri, Many thanks, looks much more promising now!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Does anyone know what the snow is like at Neiderau?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@faithsdaddy, There is a Neiderau post on here I looked at webcams and it seemed to have good coverage. Anyone in Soll as I am booking for Saturday and hoping snow is holding up ok!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Any chance this thread can get back on track for the resorts it's meant to be about
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Are you on the wrong thread or just don't know what this thread covers?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was referring primarily to the fact that niederau had its own thread but yes I don't know the full extent of where this covers, primarily interested in kitzbuhel myself as out there on 24th but fully appreciate others will be elsewhere and will want info re those areas
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@kb36, Neiderau is actually covered under the Kitzbuheler Alpen Allstar pass Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes but the point I was making was it had its own thread, never mind as long as there is white stuff in kitz when I arrive on 24th I don't really care
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowing in Soll now. Very windy, though.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing in Kirchberg as well. Grey and horrible. We are having a duvet morning Shocked
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi @maggi Please don't use it all up .. I want to take the misses there in a couple of weeks.
And @snowyowl ... you should not be in bed .. you should have gone to church and prayed for snow!
ski holidays
New snow mostly blown away but still able to ski down to village. Snow cannons on lower runs with ice patches underneath. It's skiing but mostly not particularly pretty.
snow report
Variety is the spice of life, and in that spirit I can report on three Kitzbühel Alps ski areas I have visited in the past week.

Last Tuesday, 6th January, I spent a few hours in the afternoon on the Buchensteinwand, a small area officially known as the Pillerseetal lifts. The weather was good, blue sky and sun, and though the car park was full (it was a public holiday - Dreikönigstag/Epiphany) the pistes didn't seem busy. This is a small ski area and links over to Hochfilzen on the "back" of the hill - I was able to ski all the pistes in a couple of hours. The visible novelty this year is the Jakobskreuz (St. James' Cross - St. Jakob in Haus, the village in the valley, is on the pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela in Spain). You can go up inside the cross to see even more impressive views all around (the photo shows the Leoganger Steinberge in the background)...

The next day I skied with johnbarr. John and I started at the Fleckalmbahn near Kirchberg and skied down the Familienstreif (again in good condition) to join a group numbering 10 in all led by Adam, the SCGB's current guide in Kitzbühel. It was a goodly company (half of us being an Australian family) and we enjoyed skiing the Kitzbühel Ski Safari as far as the Panorama Alm on the way to Pass Thurn. In the morning we had several runs down into Jochberg and that had a particular significance for me: I had been skiing on the same slopes exactly 50 years before, on my first ski holiday in Austria! To prove it, I was even certified the next day...

The slopes aren't all that different these days but the uplift certainly is. It was a single seat chairlift in 1965, here's a view of Jochberg out of the 10 seater gondola which has replaced it now...

And, of course, the areas weren't all linked by lifts back then - we had to take a taxi to Pass Thurn. Skiing conditions were good now and the pistes quiet with the holiday period past.

My last two ski days were both in the Steinplatte/Winklmoosalm area. I had a short visit there last Friday. I only arrived on the slopes about noon and then the area was closed at about half past two as the winds rose. Indeed the lifts up to the Plattenkogel, the highest point of the skiing had been closed all day as had, more surprisingly, the Kapellen lift in the middle of the area...

However, even in the short time I had there was something new to enjoy. The old 3 seater Kammerkör chairlift has been replaced by a modern 6 seater which has been moved slightly from the original track, to give uplift from a wider area. There are a variety of routes down to the new lift, something to suit all tastes and abilities and there are also off piste slopes above the lift. Here is a view of the bottom station...

The weather hasn't been great for the past few day, windy and warm, and despite a few cms new snow overnight that showed when I was back on the Steinplatte today, this time with alex_heney. As maggi reported, the wind has had its effect and we skied on a mixture of hard, polished snow and soft stuff, where the top snow had been blown into hollows. It made for an interesting day but an enjoyable one too, especially in the afternoon when the sun came out. Again very quiet, so that there was no queuing for lifts even though again the upper area was closed to start with. However, the lifts on the Plattenkogel did open about midday and here's a photo to show that we did get up there...

We also skied over to the Winklmoosalm in Germany and I was surprised to find that the snow there was better than on the Steinplatte. I suspect that that was because the wind had had less effect there. It was quiet there too, so that learning groups could enjoy the area to the full. Here's a view looking over the gentle Winklmoos pistes...

So, to sum up, though conditions here aren't the greatest presently, there is still fine skiing to enjoy.
snow report
Good report, thanks espri. Only a week and a half to go before I'm there and posts like these help me decide on which skis to take.
ski holidays
Great report Espri, had a few great days skiing in Steinplatte/Winklmoos the previous week.
snow conditions
well i was in Söll the weekend...it was not so bad as i expected...the snow coverage was not super, but you could do some turns until 12.00
then it was too warm and the snow was very nass
Sunday i was in Westendorf and there was much fresh snow on the upper slopes (it was snowing)
however the strong wind took the snow from many places and many slopes had big parts only from ice....

on the other hand i saw some photos in Alpinforum from Scheffau and it was TOO BAD....
snow conditions
I had another good day's skiing with alex_heney today, skiing the Kitzbühel Ski Safari. We started at the Fleckalmbahn and skied to the middle station of the Panoramabahn at Pass Thurn/Breitmoos (and back), with runs down to Jochberg and the Skirast. For most of the day the weather was great, blue skies and sun with some cloud. Here's a photo taken on the Gauxjoch piste (the mountains in the background are the Kleiner Rettenstein on the right and the Rossgruberkogel)...

The pistes were largely hard, with plenty of polished/icy spots, but still offered enjoyable skiing. There is still no depth of snow so that off-piste possibilities are limited. This photo was taken going up the Hartkaser chairlift...

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel: about half past two it started to snow, quite heavily at times. This is what we saw as we went up the Pengelstein II chairlift around that time. Not a very exciting photo but I thought it would show something of the lack of snow away from the piste - the area under the lift is usually a popular spot for easy off-piste...

With the weather worsening, we took the Fleckalmbahn down at the end of the day, which brought a little extra excitement when the gondola stopped for about 10 minutes and then we found that the cabins were been garaged at the bottom and the lift shut down by high wind (which we hadn't really noticed). However, that didn't spoil another fine day on the slopes.
ski holidays
Rain in Soll village turned to snow now and looks to be coming down heavily on mountain. Yesterday was warm so snow needed. We are on way home now it's coming! Sad
ski holidays
I skied the Leogang/Saalbach/Hinterglem tour today, enjoying lovely snow under blue skies. Have we missed out January and February and gone straight to March?
ski holidays
Thought I would 'bump' this thread as it's the Hahnenkamm today. Plus out there next week so any updates on the conditions would be well appreciated.
latest report
Hahnenkamm delayed till 13.45 (local) and start lowered due to fog and snow
snow report
@puplett, I skied St Johann, Waidring, Fieberbrunn, Kitzbuhel and the SkiWelt last week with visiting friends. Snow conditions were generally very good (Fieberbrunn on Thursday was fantastic), but the snow is getting thin lower down. This is a picture from Fieberbrunn last week. As you can see, the slopes were nice and quiet.

We've had light snow falling all day, and more forecast most days this coming week, so I think snow conditions will be ok, with visibility on the higher slopes being the potential problem.

Have a great holiday!
snow conditions
It snowed most of Saturday night and all day Sunday in St Johan. Skied most of Kitzbuhel today, no complaints from me about lack of snow on piste. The off piste could use a couple more feet to cover all the tree stumps.
snow report
sounds good, out there in two weeks so hope it's still ok by then
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowed last night and all day today in St Johan. Knee deep powder on the pistes, still snowing tonight. snowHead
latest report
Keep it coming Very Happy
latest report
No snow today in St Johan just sun and fair weather skiers. Luckily most of whom headed for the nearest mountain restaurant. The piste bashers have flattened all the powder Sad but the pistes are all good.
latest report
St Johan powder day!
latest report
trajan wrote:
St Johan powder day!

Yes. And here's a friend checking the snow there...

ski holidays
How's it all holding up in Soll?

Three weeks until we get there - hoping it doesn't deteriorate too much - doing the alpen pass to revisit some old stomping grounds (but is it worth it?)
snow report
Coming out on saturday looks like conditions are greatly improved with twice the amount of snow now on the mountain
snow report
Left St Johan on Saturday 30th. It had snowed again Friday night Saturday morning then the skies cleared, sun appeared, beautiful final day. Snow level 170 cm in St Johan.
ski holidays
Any condition updates from anyone in Ellmau or over the eastern end of SkiWelt? Cheers
snow report
Hi All
A friend of mine is taking his daughter for a short ski trip to Kitzbuhel on Friday week...13th Feb. They'll have 3 days skiing and he is looking to engage an instructor for two of those days for (say) 2 hours each morning...private lessons.
Any recommendations and contact details would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
snow report
Crystal rep phoned from ellmau tonight. Snow conditions aare great on piste. He also told us 30cm expected on monday
snow report
Great stuff off to kitzbuhel on sat can't wait Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy