Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lech help - The White Ring

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Lech tomorrow. Does anyone know what standard of skier you must be to ski the 'White Ring' from Lech to Zurs and back again. My wife is a three week skier (albeit the first full week's lessons were like priovate lessons there were so few in the group). She has skied the odd red run in Zell am See before. Will she manage the 'White Ring'?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skiing Don, she might find that a bit tricky. I would say that the circuit is prevalently red, but there are a few places where it can get narrow and / or crowded. If she feels confident on reds then it shouldn't really be a problem.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've done the White ring a couple of times. It is very dependant on the weather, if it's good, then it's fairly straightforward, however last time I did it in a white out, and it was horrible. I was with a group of far less experienced skiers, they were saying that they were pleased that I was there because they would have found it quite scary on their own, I didn't have the heart to tell them that I was hating it as well.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skiing Don, Only done it once, in stages, and will hope to do it again when we're there after Christmas, but I'm not sure that all the pistes/lifts will be open quite yet. Secondly, on your way back from Zurs you have to ski a red ski trail. This is a common notation in this part of Austria but means that it is not pisted (although the volume of skiers might achieve this), not patrolled, and does not have the level of avalanche protection expected with normal pistes. As I recal it the ring is a combination of red and blue with some choice.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As Kramer says The Madloch (Zurs onwards) isn't always open - depends on the conditions. It isn't pisted either. I did the White Ring as a 3rd week skier in spring conditions and found it easy. However, I've done it in poor visiblity in Feb, packed with people and consequently it's been quite bumpy. I don't mind that, but I don't like the narrow piece near the start of the trail.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy