Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Time to start training ?

Poster: A snowHead
Well, I always start my training in earnest on the 1st September ..... So chill factore in the morning, squats and cycling during each day...and 6 pints of lager each night for après ski practice wink I think the après ski training is the hardest aspect.. What's your plan ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Buying the monthly pass for CFe later this week may see about the monthly pass for Rossendale as well, as CFe first thing in the morning is a no go with all the traffic for me.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
got my order in on beersofeurope.co.uk to get the genuine training in Wink (all talk i'm a bottle of wine with dinner and early night) Laughing (although do regularly order from BOE)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Levi215 wrote:
got my order in on beersofeurope.co.uk to get the genuine training in Wink (all talk i'm a bottle of wine with dinner and early night) Laughing (although do regularly order from BOE)

a single bottle, you bloody lightweight. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I started the training in June, but I had rehab and weight to lose!! Ive been doing body pump twice a week, Circuits twice a week and swimming the one (ok so mainly sat in the Jacuzzi). Not bothered with the apres, as its inevitable I will end up drinking sambuca, so id be better practicing crawling!! I already ski once a fortnight at tamworth, so I have the ice skating down to a tee Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I kicked off the trail running a couple of weeks ago, but need to start adding some bigger climbs to it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ive been rowing all year, but over the summer this has increased dramatically with the regatta season. I never bother with the indoor domes that much as I just find it so boring
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been going down the pub in ski pants, sweaty thermals and a pair of ski boots.
Think I need to change my ski boot flex index so I can improve my Apres ski stance to a more balanced position.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've been setting the alarm for 6am every day, smearing P-Tex under my nose and eating shed loads of carbs. I've also put a freezer in the loft and taken to standing in it for four hours a day to aclimatise to the altitude and temperature.

But I jest, a lot of summer cycling has dropped about 1/2 a stone off me and ski outfit won't fit anymore... Toofy Grin Bring it on Father Christmas snowHead

I can now fit into thinner jeans but have bigger thigh muscles than I previously had so all in all I thing a fairly decent season awaits, as long as I don't blow it when the amount of cycling decreases as it did this morning when I got up at 5.45am to darkness and flat battery packs on my lights.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
DB,
Quote:

Think I need to change my ski boot flex index so I can improve my Apres ski stance to a more balanced position.

The very reason I buy ski boots with a walk mode Toofy Grin

On a serious note, I am now 3 months smoking free, spent 3 hours at MK on Monday to kick off the 1st Sept fitness program routine, at least once a week in a dome from now and some major steps every morning while checking all the ski webcams Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
livetoski, well done on the smoking !! I managed to stack the leg press machine yesterday for 6 reps so coming along Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
WTF is with all the words made into links to ski.cashnude.com?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
homers double, not just me then? Looks like some kind of hack....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I bet the tits are crap too.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Levi215 wrote:
homers double, not just me then? Looks like some kind of hack....

I'm seeing it too. First decent hack ever wink
ski holidays
I joined my local DW gym in May in an effort to get fit during my quiet summer months. Been doing three CV classes a week (Grit & Body Attack) & four resistance classes a week (Body Pump). I have Wed/Sat off but double up on Thur/Fri to get all the sessions in. Put 6lbs on since joining, adding an inch on my legs/arms/chest but have lost an inch off my waist Toofy Grin

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 3-09-14 19:35; edited 1 time in total
latest report
spyderjon,

Toofy Grin Stop drinking the beer mate and you will loose and extra 2 inches round your waist, well that's my plan trouble is I will have to buy new ski gear Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
livetoski, I now only drink at weekends. Trouble is when there's no work in the summer everyday is Saturday Toofy Grin
ski holidays
spyderjon, How the hell are you managing 3 CV and 4 Body pump a week!! Jesus, 4 pump sessions would be enough for me, but the Grit thrown in for good measure is mad!! How are you finding the grit sessions??
snow conditions
livetoski, Well done with the none smoking. Hope you keep it up. Managed it about 5 years ago, still get the urge now and then but love the fact I don't wheeze at nights and have seen my lung capacity nearly double.
snow report
robapplegate, it was too much night time activity that was causing the wheezing, not the smoking. Use my wifes trick, just roll over and got to sleep! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
CF this morning and it was empty piste skiing... Brilliant..2 full hours and a bacon sandwich and coffee ..all for 10 quid... Great.. Just too early for après ski !
As regards to loosing weight, I have toyed with this concept, however, it would mean the need buying new kit...as a tight Yorkshireman it would mean spending money...and that would never do wink
As DB has been visiting pubs in ski gear this maybe the way to up my training as well.. wink
snow conditions
yorkshirelad, Think of the cost saving in food tho if you eat less Toofy Grin
ski holidays
yorkshirelad, Lishman's Black Pudding for breakfast on Sundays, followed by a traditional thirst slake at Timothy Taylors in Keighley. Can't wait for the 2014 vintage Ram Tam.
ski holidays
PaulC1984, If only.
latest report
robapplegate, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
PaulC1984 wrote:
spyderjon, How the hell are you managing 3 CV and 4 Body pump a week!! Jesus, 4 pump sessions would be enough for me, but the Grit thrown in for good measure is mad!! How are you finding the grit sessions??

PaulC1984 , you need to man up bud. Here's my programme:

Mon - Body Attack
Tues - Body Pump
Wed - Day off
Thurs - Body Attack followed by Body Pump
Fri - Grit followed by Body Pump
Sat - Day off
Sun - Body Pump

Grit is great, especially as it's only 30 mins. I'd like to do more of them but the class times don't fall right for me. I've done a few Insanity classes as well which are killers but thankfully their timings don't work for me either wink
The best CV classes are IMO the Body Attack classes as they're the best of the two & an hour long.

To be honest I can't believe my progress - on the current Body Pump programme which has been going about 8/9 weeks I started with 15kg on the bar for the squat track which I struggled to complete & yesterday I went through the squat track without missing a rep with 35kg on the bar Cool
ski holidays
spyderjon, Down the local tonight I had 3 on the bar Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon, hehe

Ive not tried body attack or Grit yet, but defo want to add that in to my programme. Sadly I have had a spate of man flu, busy work and holidays in the last month, so its going to kill me when I start back next week.

I love the current BP programme, although the bicep pulses and all those crunches at the end let you know youve worked!

Like you the progress is amazing. I nearly died (and couldnt move for a week) after my first BP session a couple of months ago. Now up to 30kg on squats and back track. Only one i struggle a little with is chest track because of an old shoulder injury playing up.

Wish I had chance to double up on sessions, but alas I never have the time. The Grit & BP double up sounds good.
snow report
robapplegate, do you mean you had 3 pints or 3 sessions on the local 'bar' Laughing
snow report
yorkshirelad wrote:
CF this morning and it was empty piste skiing... Brilliant..2 full hours and a bacon sandwich and coffee ..all for 10 quid... Great.. Just too early for après ski !
As regards to loosing weight, I have toyed with this concept, however, it would mean the need buying new kit...as a tight Yorkshireman it would mean spending money...and that would never do wink
As DB has been visiting pubs in ski gear this maybe the way to up my training as well.. wink

Your not a true yorkshireman so no issue buying new gear Very Happy

After all no true Yorkshirerman would spend money in Lancashire let alone actually admit to doing so Razz

But as you can now freely spend money wink CFe do a monthly pass for £60 snowHead
ski holidays
5 x 10km on the rowing machine Monday to Friday lunchtimes and walking/running/biking at weekends.

rowing is pretty good for losing weight, cardio and strengthening the legs, all of which help the skiing.
latest report
PaulC1984 wrote:
robapplegate, do you mean you had 3 pints or 3 sessions on the local 'bar' Laughing

My last post above was on my phone from my local whilst out 'walking the dog'. Just got home after 3 pints of Black Sheep & a bag of dry roasted Toofy Grin

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 3-09-14 23:31; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:
PaulC1984 wrote:

PaulC1984 , you need to man up bud. Here's my programme:

Mon - Body Attack
Tues - Body Pump
Wed - Day off
Thurs - Body Attack followed by Body Pump
Fri - Grit followed by Body Pump
Sat - Day off
Sun - Body Pump

Grit is great, especially as it's only 30 mins. I'd like to do more of them but the class times don't fall right for me. I've done a few Insanity classes as well which are killers but thankfully their timings don't work for me either wink
The best CV classes are IMO the Body Attack classes as they're the best of the two & an hour long.

To be honest I can't believe my progress - on the current Body Pump programme which has been going about 8/9 weeks I started with 15kg on the bar for the squat track which I struggled to complete & yesterday I went through the squat track without missing a rep with 35kg on the bar Cool

Fair play!!!

That is quite a lot though! There will (or should!) come a point where you'll see better results by giving yourself a bit more recovery time though; that's a pretty nuts schedule!!
latest report
clarky999, I'm being guided by a pro trainer/physio and all of the pump stuff is high rep/low weight compared to what you'd do in the gym on free weights etc. But in a months time I'll be choka with work again so it'll all grind to a halt until next May so I've gotta give it some stick now.
ski holidays
good effort jon !! just off to the gym and not feeling the love this morning Sad(
snow report
spyderjon wrote:
clarky999, I'm being guided by a pro trainer/physio and all of the pump stuff is high rep/low weight compared to what you'd do in the gym on free weights etc. But in a months time I'll be choka with work again so it'll all grind to a halt until next May so I've gotta give it some stick now.

Still pretty damn impressive!
latest report
Damn - Great North Run on Sunday - I know I should have been doing something for the last three months - 13 miles should be fine, it is that last 0.1mile while trying to be the 1,000,000th finisher that will be hard
snow report
speed098, just booked Monday morning at 7.30 with a gift voucher for two hours at £18 .. but wednesdays breakfast club says it's full Sad but i can still book and do the normal 7.30am start.. again for £18...trouble is if i pay for a month i end up missing a couple of weeks due other commitments etc. ;-(
snow conditions
I do boxing training all year round but have already been banned from Spar and Burger King .....

http://youtube.com/v/CjErVEf0N2M
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy