Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotest training

Poster: A snowHead
I know some guys who booked the ISIA test in Zermatt last year and both passed, may be an option and along with your NZ quals maybe get the ISIA card and work in CH in the short term.

Talk to Tom Lam.... in Sass Fee , I think he is coming out again this year, based in Zermatt and did the ISIA test..

If you are dead keen on the ET perhaps try Gramisch or the Slovenian one direct ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To get the card, I would have to have my trainers cert, which I don't. I have work in Japan until the middle of Feb, then was planning on coming back and training/doing courses etc.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So I am just on a bunch of waiting lists for courses now Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
might be easier to be a trainer in NZ ! How about looking at a snowdome based Coaching course? BASI was running one last weekend at Hemel. YOu may be able to tie in with a flight this way...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I might have to come pick my skis up anyway!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just looked, they have to be run through BASI to count, and the only BASI one is full.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You on the waiting list for the Manchester UKCP1 from 7/11 to 9/11? http://www.basi.org.uk/content/alpine-coach-level-1.aspx
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jimmer, not sure if this helps you at all but if it does, I am happy to give you my place on the EMS course in early March.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another ET application query: on the JSRA site I'm seeing "Dossier non reçu ou incomplet" for the December application (on the Verification page), and the BASI office said this should update to "Inscription validée" when they send their list, so are other applicants here seeing the same? I believe I've applied correctly according to the instructions on the BASI page.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Touchguru, thanks, I was really hoping to do at least one test before I headed to Japan. I have to do the L3 mountain safety first anyway.

@abd, not currently, really don't want to fly back from Switz to go to a dome, maybe I'll speak to them tomorrow and see how long the list is.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@jimmer, fair enough. You could join me for the L3 Mountain Safety in Chamonix 25th Jan.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
balernoStu wrote:
Another ET application query: on the JSRA site I'm seeing "Dossier non reçu ou incomplet" for the December application (on the Verification page), and the BASI office said this should update to "Inscription validée" when they send their list, so are other applicants here seeing the same? I believe I've applied correctly according to the instructions on the BASI page.

I haven't looked at the page, but I have got word from Marc Vernier that I did everything correctly and that it was now waiting for BASI to update the list of candidates. I am sure they will send this on in due course but if you are worried maybe contact the BASI office.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jimmer wrote:
@Touchguru, thanks, I was really hoping to do at least one test before I headed to Japan. I have to do the L3 mountain safety first anyway.

No worries - hope you get it all sorted.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ok, thanks Touchguru, I did email him but no reply yet.

This is the page: http://www.rhone-alpes.jeunesse-sports.gouv.fr/jsra/inscriptions/verification
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
balernoStu wrote:

This is the page: http://www.rhone-alpes.jeunesse-sports.gouv.fr/jsra/inscriptions/verification

I'm assuming that I can't just sign up through that?
latest report
jimmer wrote:
balernoStu wrote:

I'm assuming that I can't just sign up through that?

I think you'd have to ask Marc Vernier about that, who's email address is on the BASI ET page: http://www.basi.org.uk/content/euro-speed-test.aspx.
ski holidays
You could also contact the Alpine Director at BASI Ian Linklater.

It does seem odd if you have been granted L2 status and are fully licensed in BASI that you couldn't attend. All I can figure is that they don't want to have to deal with loads of foreign qualification holders applying for equivalence in BASI and then snapping up ET places. That and the opportunity to sell more L3 courses Confused
ski holidays
A different guy who I had been in touch with before re. equivalency of my snowboard qual (recognised Smile ), told me in an email today that I should just contact the office to book the ET, so apparently even BASI employees aren't quite sure about this policy!
snow report
@balernoStu, just FYI, I got an e-mail today from the Ministere Des Sports confirming my entrance for ADH from 15-19th December.
ski holidays
@Touchguru, good luck!!
latest report
Thanks @kitenski Smile Going to be a great learning experience!
snow conditions
I bet it is!!
ski holidays
@Touchguru, thanks, i haven't had that confirmation yet, hopefully it will arrive soon.
snow report
The last week has seen fantastic conditions for race training in Tignes Very Happy Very Happy Great weather, except for Tuesday, and great pistes with no lift queues Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
What insurance are those of you doing a few weeks in the gates and maybe an ET attempt using? I've had year long insurance from BASI and BMC in the past, while actually my bank account travel insurance was good enough to cover my last BASI course but not sure it will cover this one.
snow conditions
The only insurance I could find that covers racing was with HolidaySafe, select the appropriate package.
That would also cover just about any form of ski related activity you could possible think of.
snow conditions
Basi covers race training and et
snow report
Wow what a storm.... Arrived in heavy rain on Sunday evening and no skiing Monday and today with closure forecast until Sat.. Going home to see MrsSkimottaret snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is that in Saas Fe?
latest report
skimottaret, pretty much a repeat of last week then...we skied Monday and from then on it was storm bound or too much snow to manage a re-open.

The JJC crew must be tearing their hair out!
latest report
@rungsp, Yeah been a real nightmare for the guys, they are even looking at moving some days to Zinal as the forecast is not good through Sunday in Sass. The fitness training has been pretty good though Smile
snow report
Been a crazy amount of snow over the past 10 days in Cervinia/Zermatt with the only real respite coming on Friday and Saturday.
Managed to ski every day this week in Cervinia, although Zermatt has been closed from Sunday until today when they opened the Gandeg T-bar.
Great for powder skiing rather than race specific training! Not complaining yet though! Smile
ski holidays
Awesome snow this week , bad vis and snow on monday soft snow and clear on tues and fab training conditions today...

snow report
I see on FB that test in Italy this week was a big success for several trainees!
snow report
@balernoStu, yeah four of the JJC lads got it and several from Tignes
snow conditions
Two of my friends passed the test yesterday in Italy.

All I know, is since skiing with them, this time last year, is that they have both been training hard on their fitness over the summer and autumn months, and both eating healthily, and finding what works for them energy wise.

Obviously worth all the effort, as they improved by quiet a few seconds and passed.

Both trained with Snoworks... I can highly recommend them also.

Good luck to anyone training for or taking the test. Cool
ski holidays
@spud, well done to them, what kind of stuff have they been eating??
snow report
kitenski wrote:
@spud, well done to them, what kind of stuff have they been eating??

Friday nights 'diet' will consist of Alcohol, Alcohol & even more Alcohol Very Happy Very Happy it will probably be very messy wink
ski holidays
One of them has been consuming 'Super Dicks' too wink

On a serious note...in answer to the question...one has gone almost Vegetarian...the other eats what I would call a healthy diet...no processed food...just natural products.
snow report
@stewart woodward, Pass on my regards to T. on Friday's celebrations. We had superb hero snow today, I know that awful snow makes you better and toughens you up but sometimes a bit of flattery really helps with the training Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy