Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotest training

Poster: A snowHead
A little video from Friday's training.... some t bar closures so couldn't set GS and we did some starts practice

https://vimeo.com/112580294
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skimottaret, fantastic - tea over screen! Yours looked good, though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@skimottaret, is he using touring boots?!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Pedantica, wasn't me snowHead
@clarky999, to be fair he was tech training as opposed to GS training but fancied a go on his Head Magnums and got a little surprise Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@skimottaret, weren't you the second one? Looked like your gear.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Pedantica, Nope , my starts suck even though I have good gear snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skimottaret, Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm pretty sure that the failure guy was my friend Ben....I think I owe him an explanation:

I borrowed his skis a couple of weeks ago and wound the DIN on them back to my setting, we are the same boot size though.

I guess he didn't bother to check the DIN, well they are his skis Embarassed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rungsp, That will teach Ben to lend his skis out Toofy Grin will tell him Monday to check the DIN's Wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I will be there Monday for 3 days...see you there

P.S. no laughing!

I'll be in apt 812, arriving sunday evening.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nice one! next door neighbours in 810 give us a knock... deal on no laughing as long as it goes both ways, I am sucking big time in the courses.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've done that before on the start ramp at Castleford when SL training; we all laughed loads (including me).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fantastic week of training this week! Great weather and piste conditions. A full set of coaches after BASI trainer selection duties last week and we had training lanes to ourselves so the coaches could set some very interesting and tactically difficult courses with the SL and Tech group getting some good turns in as well. Video review and timing the last few days and today partnered up with a local team and used their course on a different steeper section to really mix it up. Shattered but looking forward to Friday.

Jimmer is looking v v good at the moment.... Cool
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@skimottaret, Very Happy
latest report
@skimottaret, you getting close??

Sounds like jimmer is smashing it!
snow conditions
@kitenski, No not close but had a breakthrough day and my times came down today finally.... Might even get the girls time one day Wink More than a few in the camp are looking solid and one beat a Junior Europa Cupper today.
latest report
@skimottaret, well at least your times are coming down Smile
snow report
skimottaret wrote:
Might even get the girls time one day Wink

So you will be as 'safe' as a female ski instructor but not as 'safe' as a male ski instructor wink
snow conditions
A few freeskiing warm up runs from earlier in the week, great snow (bit soft though in places)

https://vimeo.com/113043075
ski holidays
Nice - thought Blue had held it together after the splits for a second.
latest report
Cheers Scott, been a great few weeks, need this rest weekend though, feeling beat up!
snow conditions
I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you two @jimmer and @skimottaret, hope you enjoy the rest ot it......and give it Full Beans in Alp Duez!
snow conditions
Was that Raf in the blue @skimottaret?
latest report
@Touchguru, No Raf left a couple days ago but his brother is king of the hill at the moment, really ripping it up... @rungsp, haven't got start times yet so not sure if I will go but will certainly be sending it if I do.
snow conditions
Cheers @rungsp, unfortunately not going to Alp D'Huez, looks like I will get to do it in Morzine in spring.

Here's one of my runs from earlier in the week.

Saas Fee GS 27th of November from James Winfield
https://vimeo.com/113191564
latest report
Looking good @jimmer! You close to the pass times in the mock tests?
snow conditions
Thanks! Yeah I have been consistently inside the times. Still want to go faster this week though.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great stuff!! Best of luck with the rest of your training!
ski holidays
jimmer wrote:
Cheers @rungsp, unfortunately not going to Alp D'Huez, looks like I will get to do it in Morzine in spring.

Here's one of my runs from earlier in the week.

Saas Fee GS 27th of November from James Winfield
https://vimeo.com/113191564

That's some lovely lines there Jimmer...hope you nail it.

I've just found a video of me Eurotest training last season in Tignes.
Before my run we are discussing bruising to the arms, and how to avoid...by eating more pies apparently Laughing rolling eyes
How are you guys finding the bruising?

Anyway...thought I'd share it, to encourage anyone else giving it a go...it's great fun and the Coaches are awesome...can't recommend it highly enough. Razz

003 from ian ridler
http://vimeo.com/70394395
snow report
Major drag as just had an email from ADH saying that they will decide in the next two days whether the test will be run due to no snow... Lot of people training for this one and rough if it is cancelled...
snow report
@spud, First day of GS training a few years ago, I bought a stealth on my return !!
latest report
skimottaret wrote:
Major drag as just had an email from ADH saying that they will decide in the next two days whether the test will be run due to no snow... Lot of people training for this one and rough if it is cancelled...

Me too. I heard in a previous year of no snow the test was run on the glacier at adh. Don't know how long ago that happened, wonder if it has receded too much since?
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
@spud, First day of GS training a few years ago, I bought a stealth on my return !!

It's nuts isn't it fella...my GS suit has padding on the arms and I still had bruising like that.

I really don't know how the pros manage week in week out Puzzled
latest report
Craig, the C in JJC, suggested I wear two sets of large, football, shinpads.
One pair on forearms, one pair on upper arms.

It made no difference...I wasn't close enough to the gates!

A Stealth under jacket is shockingly expensive....but if you are a serious racer, vital.
snow conditions
The pads on my suit combined with hard forearm guards seem to do a good job, though a spot on my lats just where my back protector ends has been pretty tenderised.
snow conditions
Alp D'Huez Eurotest cancelled for Dec.. Lot of bummed trainees who were looking good in mock tests...
snow report
@skimottaret, Sad Sad
snow conditions
Been ill for a week and not feeling the love for Pila in 30 days... Anyone booked any training there? Am doing two days with Impulse on Sunday and Monday...
snow conditions
@skimottaret, Sad Hope you perk up quickly.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy