Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

cheap beginner resort Fance self drive

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I am looking for a resort in france that i can drive to in jan 2015. I am looking for a resort thats not going to be packed, good ski school and good value for money.
It will be for my wife and myself, both still quite new to skiing so looking for more gentle runs, not to bothered about apres, as long as we can get a meal and drink somewhere !
thank you for your sugestions in advice. We are looking to travel around the 10/01/15, for a week.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Norfolkman, if you are under 40 you could look at the holidays in French UCPA centres. e.g. https://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/holiday/cart?ActivityID=9848

£531, all-inclusive, in flaine. Twin-bedded room, full board, lift pass, hire of equipment and half day lessons. For a little more money you can have all day lessons. You can travel by coach if money is really tight - a lot cheaper than driving.

There is a range of UCPA centres but not all have double rooms - some are just dorms. You won't beat UCPA for value for money - do a search here on snowheads, there are a number of very positive reviews.

If you are over 40 you could look on google.fr for "ski tout compris" - some good VFM holidays in less well-known resorts, with accommodation, lift pass and sometimes equipment hire and lessons included too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Rosiere is perfect for what your looking for, look for accomodation in Les Eucherts. Good value lift pass can ski over to italy for lunch (as long as you don't mind drag lifts), quiet slopes ski schools are good and there's a few nice places to eat.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
La Rosiere would be good, but there are a number of cheaper resorts where no UK tour operators go.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
St Foy - is a small friendly resort with a mix of nationalities:
http://www.saintefoy-tarentaise.com/english/winter/ski/ski-passes/
If you are self driving you could do a day out in nearby bigger resorts.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For a specific example - La Norma. Plenty of skiing for beginners. You can get a small studio, lift pass and equipment hire for £520 for 2 people in that low season week in January.

For info on the resort look at the Peak Retreats website, though the accommodation they use is more expensive (and no doubt better, but you asked for cheap).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy