Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which predominantly piste skis for a lady?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mrs Hammond R is looking to purchase skis.

These will be largely piste skiing. Been once or twice a year for many years, & looking for something that makes the whole thing as pleasurable as possible. Make & size recommendation appreciated. Not the lightest skier (70+kg ish) Anything affordable come to mind?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
K2 Burnin' Luv
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I skied for 6 years, 30 days a year on K2 Burnin' luv. Loved them. Now ski on some BBR's for unpisted/choppy snow in Canada and some Head GS Race skis for hard pack and that sort of thing, but the K2's are hard to beat! Very versatile.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
HammondR, difficult to buy a poor ski these days. Quality typically follows price though. Don't buy BBRs without her trying them first, they're a little unusual in shape.

No reason to stick with "women's" skis either necessarily. Skis don't know what you have between your legs.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My daughter's Blizzard Viva Ultrasonic Power IQ which we got in 2012 are great, I assume they'll be a 2014/15 equivalent. It is an advanced model but I think they do more intermediate models too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks very much for the responses.

Those Burnin' luv's seem popular. Anyone know where medium length new ones can be purchased. I have had a good look on t'internet & can find nothing. Are the Superburnin' skis the same?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
HammondR, Super Burnin' is the new name for Burnin' Luv so yes the same Smile

Also Dynastar Active Pro is a very easy skiing, versatile, fun piste ski. Probably 163 length. You might pick up an end of season bargain if you're quick.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
HammondR, have a check at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/ski-wear/skis/11034585/On-piste-ski-reviews-for-intermediate-advanced-and-expert-skiers.html might be a good idea to sample some on your next trip? Volkl seem to be a trend
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
HammondR, Salomon W-Kart, Mrs Skimastaaah tested them in 2013 against a range of Kastle/Nordica/Volkl/Dynastar/Whitedot/Fischer inter-advanced "go-to-mountain-skis"and rated them as her preferred piste ski.

Silly as it sounds......... great place to shop is Ebay. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimastaaah, Salomon W Kart was on my shortlist too, looks like a good ski.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Also Dynastar Active Pro is a very easy skiing, versatile, fun piste ski.

I bought a pair of those, quite cheap, from Glisshop at the end of last season. 158 - shorter than my previous skis. Not skied them yet but they look nice stacked beside my wardrobe in the corner of the bedroom. Little Angel
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, you will love them snowHead They just go anywhere snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Given her experience, I'd go for Kniessl Redstars. Great piste ski, really responsive and Tim will help you out.

Mrs Mp had some burnin luvs and they did the job nicely but are a firm intermediate option, if she has been skiing for years might find them a bit soft.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sarah, glad to hear it; can't wait to try them out. though I'm going to have to wait - arthroscopy for a meniscal tear, Wednesday, then recovery/rehab.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w wrote:
sarah, glad to hear it; can't wait to try them out. though I'm going to have to wait - arthroscopy for a meniscal tear, Wednesday, then recovery/rehab.

Oops Pam just seen this, lots of luck and best wishes for tomorrow and the rehab Smile x
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy